News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Company, check in!

Started by didactic, June 21, 2008, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

commander

Lubbock TX  here

owner of Militia Supply, Inc in Lubbock.   

Aaron

Checking in.

Some friends and I just attended our first Appleseed shoot this last weekend in Davilla.  It was a great time.  I live in the Houston area.

SR73

SR73 here in Grand Prairie.
Had a great time in Davilla last weekend & am looking forward to the next event.
Ill bring Jr down to try again - he will qualify sooner or later.  ~~:)
The folks running the show are some of the finest you'll ever meet.
Thanks to all of you , you guys ROCK!

SR73
Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently and for the same reason. -Anonymous

From the words of Lincoln:
President Lincoln, who in 1859 wrote the following in a letter to his brother:
"You cannot bring about prosperity, by discouraging thrift.
You cannot strengthen the weak, by weakening the strong.
 You cannot help the wage earner, by pulling down the wage payer.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man, by encouraging class hatred.
  You cannot help the poor, by destroying the rich.
 You cannot establish sound security, on borrowed money.
You cannot keep out of trouble, by spending more than you earn.
 You cannot build character and courage, by taking away mans' initiative and    independence.
    You cannot help man permanently, by doing for them what they would and should do for themselves."

Basshunter

Checking in...

New to Appleseed but will be attending the next event at Quail Creek

Lars

Quote from: didactic on June 21, 2008, 10:32:23 PM
Brother (and sister) Texans, sign in, please.

I don't know if I qualify as a Texan just yet.  I still think of myself as a Cheese Head, who's been living in the land of Hoosiers for the last 11 years.  However......  Due to some unexpected changes with work at the end of 2011, I find myself no longer living in the state of Indiana with Hawkhaven, Techres, Yellow House Jake, and the rest of that lot.

I'm now living in Austin Texas.  I will be working nights starting Jan. 18 from Weds. through Sat. which means into Sunday morning.  I expect this is going to keep me from being real active with shoots.  However I would like to help out in any way I can.

Also if you happen to be in the Austin area, and want to get together for, whatever, please let me know.  My wife and daughter are still in Indiana and will be until Feburary at the earliest.

Thanks all!
Lars
CQ CQ CQ CQ DE W9ZEB W9ZEB W9ZEB PSE K

Bullet

Attended several Davilla shoots last year and got my Rifleman patch there in December.  All the instructors, every time, have been wonderful.  Looking forward to next time...
"Men do less than they ought unless they do all that they can." --Thomas Carlyle

"But we are not called to lives of prestige; we are called to lives of faithfulness. And sometimes faithfulness is just mundane and daily and ordinary and one foot in front of the other." --N. Adams

Two Wolves

I'd like to welcome ALL the newcomers to the forum.  O0 I'm thrilled that you've found us (Appleseed) and hope you'll come shoot again.  :~

Having said that, you can REALLY HELP   :sos: keep these events going by handing out some literature (tri-folds). You can talk to people  @@) or you can just leave the tri-folds in places where others will find them.  ;D

Please take your enthusiasm  ^:)^ to the next level. Hope to see you at shoot soon.  8)

BTW, Lars--welcome to Texas. You and your family will like Fredericksburg. Ask around then come see us. ~ Regards, Two Wolves  :DH:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Wade

I'm boder raiding again and will be in Dallas area this weekend (dang it not close to lake jackson  sigh) pm me if your close to dallas area and have an idea of where to shoot if you want to get togather and do so .
Wade
Redhat Instructor
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

jtcardwell

Howdy,
I had the pleasure of meeting some of you at the last Pecos Run n Gun. I have yet to attend an Appleseed but will be looking to do so in the future.
Jim Tom Cardwell
Alpine, TX

1IV

1IV here!

One issue voter -rifleman

Last event McKinney AS

Next event ???

I'm in Melissa.

Proud USMC  veteran.

Married to my Mel - she's a Riflewoman and army vet.
Get it dun!

spitstickler

Glad you're here, Gary. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family on Sunday. Look forward to seeing you on down the trail!
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

CaptG

After an extended absence due to several lame excuses I'm back. I'll be at College Station this Sunday & back on the trail as often as work permits. Look forward to seeing all my old friends again & making new ones.
Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Two Wolves

Welcome back, why don't you see if you can hoof it on over to Davilla on Sept.15th. I hear there's gonna be a party!
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

CaptG

I'd love to but I'll be working that weekend.
G
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Silence Dogood

Amber here, Austin area

Last event: Davilla 2009. I know, its been too long.

Next event: been scouring the forums looking for early 2013 events with no luck:(
Any good news? Its gonna be my 9 yr old nephew's first appleseed!
He's been an angel this year so Santa is bringin him a cricket:)
Education pays the best interest - B.Franklin

technoronin

Quote from: Silence Dogood on December 01, 2012, 10:41:34 PM
Amber here, Austin area

Last event: Davilla 2009. I know, its been too long.

Next event: been scouring the forums looking for early 2013 events with no luck:(
Any good news? Its gonna be my 9 yr old nephew's first appleseed!
He's been an angel this year so Santa is bringin him a cricket:)

I think I overheard that Davilla is going to be regularly scheduled for the third weekend of every month next year.

Silence Dogood

Education pays the best interest - B.Franklin

Hack Ptui

I've been practicing up for my Rifleman patch for way too long now.  This year is the year it's going to happen.  But I don't see any events scheduled for 2013 around Austin.  Are those events still being finalized?

Two Wolves

The schedule for Fredericksburg has been sent in but for some reason it hasn't been posted yet. So I'll post it here. Fredericksburg is a great place to go to an Appleseed. Hope to see you in the future. Best regards, Two Wolves

March 23-24
April 20-21
May 25-26
Sept. 21-22
Oct. 5-6  Ladyseed
Oct. 19-20
Dec 7-8

Hack Ptui

Davilla's a little closer for me, but if F'burg is the soonest, that's where I'll be.  Thanks!

Zenith

Last I heard, Scout was getting the schedule finalized for the year with his other works, and will be plugging in regular AS shoots once he knows what he's working with.

Mag357_TX

Looked for an intro thread, couldn't find it.  This is the closest I found so I figured it'll have to do lo.

Anyway, I heard about this program through some like minded friends in East Texas.  I live in West Houston.  I'd call myself an intermediate shooter but a beginner when it comes to rifle handling.  I shoot pistols quite often, and reload a few calibers as well. 

I am a 30 year old full time college student, married no kids.

I'm interested in learning more about this program and attending one of the meets in the near future (going to try to make it to College Station on the 25th and 26th).  Well I don't know many people here and am not exactly familiar with this sort of thing, but I like how it's focus is on the nation's founding principles, and improving marksmanship and self reliance, so I'm definitely interested in participating.  Any help, advice, or guidance is appreciated.  Thanks.

spitstickler

Mag357,

Good folks out at College Station. You can send a private message to "Sleepy Joe" or "Sir Not Appearing In This Film" as they are usually running the events out there.

You can pre-register for the May event here: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/6159253493

What to bring: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/as_prepare.html

You don't need to do anything special beyond what's on the list. Just come and experience it. Bring the wife too!

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Hunterbob

"Every man has a purpose---------mine is to be behind a rifle.........."
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen

Two Wolves

Welcome Hunterbob! Come see us in Fredericksburg! 

Two Wolves   :cool2:

FSinTexas

Flower Mound here.  Just finished my 3rd Appleseed in Dallas, yesterday.  Thanks for Floydf and all the volunteers for a terrific (but HOT) fun and safe shoot!

WrongWayHunter

WrongWay here. Living in Kerrville since 2007. Hoping to get to the December Appleseed in Fredericksburg.

May not be the correct forum to ask but is the Fredericksburg shoot centerfire or rimfire?

Two Wolves

Welcome Wrong Way.  Fredericksburg is either. Rim fire is cheaper but centerfire is more fun. We shoot about 350 to 400 rounds. Look forward to seeing you. Regards, Two Wolves

Pyrat

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.