News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Company, check in!

Started by didactic, June 21, 2008, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starfox

Not sure who all is coming, but pre-reg has 16/50 listed so far.  Pre-reg usually goes up a bit in the week before the event.  Looks like you're on pace to at least half-fill the line.

Quote from: olfart on September 20, 2010, 02:20:31 PM
Ofart here looking for folks who are coming to the Appleseed near Atlanta, TX (About 30 miles SW of Texarkana) on October 2 - 3. We're trying to round up enough folks to make it worthwhile for the landowner to host another shoot (or several ;) ).
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

rimrock

Well,  I sure get the thing about being cooks, but I think I'm starting out as a cook's assistant.  I participated in the Sept. 18-19, 2010 AS with Scout & crew, and learnt that patience is still a virtue (of course, it was just Murphy's Law is my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!). I also leart that iron sights ain't all that bad even if you can't really see the full outline of the black. I see from earlier posts that I come close to being a bunk mate of didactic and LAbRat, as we all seem to hang our hats in Bastrop County.

rimrock

olfart

Quote from: starfox on September 20, 2010, 03:24:24 PM
Not sure who all is coming, but pre-reg has 16/50 listed so far.  Pre-reg usually goes up a bit in the week before the event.  Looks like you're on pace to at least half-fill the line.

Thanks for the update, Starfox! I'm also praying for cooler temps by then.

"The cure of crime is not in the electric chair, but in the high chair" ...  However, the electric chair works wonders on recidivism.

M14NG

O0 just signed up for the Atlanta shoot, it's my 2nd
Criss

charles_w

Hi there!  My sons and I attended the San Angelo AS this Sept 18 - 19 and had a blast.  It was my second, but the first one was several years ago.  The boys and I are energized and looking forward to being involved.  We are located in Fort Worth.  Our next event looks like it will be Davilla in October.

olfart

Quote from: M4FNG on September 22, 2010, 10:18:43 AM
O0 just signed up for the Atlanta shoot, it's my 2nd

Welcome! We look forward to meeting you.

This will be my 2nd also. First was at Bodcau in May.

"The cure of crime is not in the electric chair, but in the high chair" ...  However, the electric chair works wonders on recidivism.

Scout

Welcome guys. Great to see everyone here. Remember to go to the Texas Newsletter website  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11952.0  so you can sign up for the newsletter. We will be running a lot of info out of the newsletter in the next few weeks. This is a very exciting time for Texas as we are trying to do some things not done before by any state in Appleseed. I want you all to be a part of this.

In addition to the newsletter, we would like you all to get a twitter account and then follow Texas Appleseed and AppleseedRadio. These are the two major twitter accounts that you can follow to get updates on what is happening in Texas and also nationally and also to help spread the word of Appleseed. If you have a facebook account then we would like to make sure we get everyone linked on facebook as well.

Spitstickler and Aaron are working hard to develop a program where we can instantly be alerted to information on all of these accounts at once and also spread promotional material for Texas shoots using these venues. As we get this developed we will be presenting it to you and asking you to help us with this. Texas will be leading the way with the new technology we will be using and if it works out like we hope it will we will be spreading it to the rest of Appleseed, but it will not work unless you guys participate. So get cracking please. See you all on the trail.

Scout

BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

Tourmeister

First event last weekend Sept 25/26 at the Cawthon (College Station) location.

Next event will likely be in the Spring. I need to do a LOT of dry firing practice between now and then... Probably would not hurt to do more stretching so I can get into those sitting positions too!

Located in Huntsville and wish I had a place to shoot/practice that was closer to home.
--
Scott Friday

DanT

DanT here, from Hood County (whenever I get back to Texas, that is).  Currently in Connecticut on a job & attending Appleseeds here as the occasion arises.  7th stepping every day, reading more history than I ever thought would interest me every night -- that gives me more to talk about the next day.

wolf

wolf here ,late again but still here hoping to attend the nov appleseed and hpoefully part of the boot camp in davilla  hopefully ill see yall then

Texas Minuteman

Hey y'all:

Texas Minuteman here, checking in.  Lord willing, will be in College Station this weekend, Oct 23/24 with # 1 daughter, in search of Rifleman patch & great fellowship.....

Out !
Be without fear in the face of your enemies.
Be brave & upright, that God may love thee.
Safeguard the helpless.
Always speak the Truth, even if it leads to your death...

- The Knights Creed

brianhoberg

Hello, Brian here from San Antonio, Tx.
Attended my first Appleseed Shoot this past weekend in Davila at Scout's place and loved every minute of it! Although the rifle I brought had a tainted front sight, Mark was nice enough to lend me his Marlin 795 to complete the instruction. Although I didn't earn my patch this weekend, I walked away with a new perspective on shooting, safety, and appreciation for our 2nd Ammendment rights. Thank you to everyone who made the weekend great and I look forward to coming back to earn that patch and improve my shooting performance!
-Brian.

Tailpipe

Tailpipe here!  Joined up in Davilla this past weekend, and became in instant supporter of the Appleseed Project! I received top notch instruction on the firing line, and best of all, the usual down home Texas hospitality! After shooting for 2 days, I did not join the ranks of Rifleman, but am not discouraged, and will be back soon to Scout's place again! What a family!  O0
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)

Two Wolves

A Cherokee Legend
An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.
"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"
The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

I am here. I have always been here. April 19,2010, I stood, sat, and layed by the well and I drank from the well. The nourishment refreshed and revitalized my soul and gave strength and new resolve to the good wolve. The Purple Patch serves  as my reminder of that day. Like the wild horses and the buffaloe, I have returned to the well, as I shall again. May the Great Spirit shine upon us all till we meet again.
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

shootertutor

DAAAAAAAAVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAA

EEEEELLLLLEEEEEEEEEVVVVEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN        TEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

shootertutor

Okay, now that my voice is warmed up......

I would like to thank all of the instructors that put up with me and all my groaning last week at boot camp.

I have been sharing the Appleseed program with just about everyone I have seen this week.

My son (Michael,now 15.....the one of us 2 that came home with a Rifleman's Patch) has been walking through the house yelling out line commands.

He just happens to yell out "Your preparation time has now ended" as he passes the bathroom with his sister in there primping.

I had been saying for quite a while that I would never spend "x" for a 10/22, cause a Marlin 60 works just fine. Traded a shotgun for one yesterday.  Who's goin ta Davilla Dec. 18??????????????????????????????????????????

POP

Quote from: shootertutor on November 29, 2010, 02:40:19 AM

Michael, has been walking through the house yelling out line commands.
He just happens to yell out "Your preparation time has now ended" as he passes the bathroom with his sister in there primping.
Now that is funny.   **) **) **) ... Michael and Hunter were bright spots at the RBC. 

I had been saying for quite a while that I would never spend "x" for a 10/22, cause a Marlin 60 works just fine. Traded a shotgun for one yesterday.  Who's goin ta Davilla Dec. 18??????????????????????????????????????????
I won't be at Davilla in December but, I am Glad you are coming back.  Keep up the dry firing, Russel.  And, bring sis to the December shoot with you.

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Jerry Hall

At a rifleman's cadence, by the numbers!!! ..:.. ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)

Happy Trails....Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

voortrekker

Quote from: shootertutor on November 29, 2010, 02:40:19 AM
Okay, now that my voice is warmed up......

I would like to thank all of the instructors that put up with me and all my groaning last week at boot camp.

I have been sharing the Appleseed program with just about everyone I have seen this week.

My son (Michael,now 15.....the one of us 2 that came home with a Rifleman's Patch) has been walking through the house yelling out line commands.

I had been saying for quite a while that I would never spend "x" for a 10/22, cause a Marlin 60 works just fine. Traded a shotgun for one yesterday.  Who's goin ta Davilla Dec. 18??????????????????????????????????????????

Hello there Russell,

I am very happy to hear you and Micheal had a good time and learned much about the beginnings of our great Republic and rifle marksmanship.

Marksmanship and the history of our Republic's beginnings that helped to build the principles on which it was founded go hand in hand.

Therefore, it is up to all of us to ensure it is preserved and passed on to our future generations or it will certainly be lost.  Future generations of Americans will be gelded of what their potential could be in life should Americans forget the history of their Republic.

Your son, Micheal, he is certainly one of the smartest and respectful youngmen that I have Instructed with RWVA/Appleseed.

Micheal was in my "how to Instruct" group session during the Friday part of RBC, as you know.

He blew me away with his knowledge gained but within a week and had never attended an Appleseed event before.  He listened to instruction, shot expert, and can also do a very good job at repeating instruction we need on the Appleseed firing line.

He was not exactly perfect per verbatim(this takes time by being boots on the ground on the line), but his motivation and knowledge tells me he's above and beyond most folks his age and most adults.

Of course, this does reflect on you as well, Russell.  One can always judge a tree by its fruit.

Meeting yourself and your son was a pleasure.  Such an experience that you've both enjoyed and have learned makes every RWVA Instructors time spent PAID forth more than you can possibly imagine, more than fiat paper money, more even than gold or diamonds.........it is simply priceless.

Indeed, DAVILLA 11-10!!!

Don't forget to look at the RBC after action report and pics..........if anyone has more pics....post'em if ya want to  :

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18695.0

Brett out.
If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

wolf

wolf from flint tx checking in  i missed the davilla shoot and bootcamp in nov.  but going this week end to the athens shoot. dec 4&5  to try to quilify as on the aqt maybe the third time will be the charm 

Two Wolves

Two Wolves back on the trail Dec. 4th and 5th, Fredericksburg. It's gonna be another fantastic event.
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

scuzzy

Quote from: wolf on November 30, 2010, 10:53:50 AM
wolf from flint tx checking in  i missed the davilla shoot and bootcamp in nov.  but going this week end to the athens shoot. dec 4&5  to try to quilify as on the aqt maybe the third time will be the charm  

I'll see you at Athens then.

I like wolves myself. Got one. She's a good one.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

kowboygunsmith

John Hildebrand here from San Angelo looking foreward to our next shoot here at the San Angelo gun club on the 10th and 11th.
"Dolor Temporarius, Gloria Aeterna, Cicatrices Virgines Placent"

mseanmc

Mike from Houston here.

I attended my first Appleseed shoot this weekend in F'burg (12/4 - 5).  What a great experience! 

I've done many shoot n' scoot courses with carbine and pistol, but this was the first time I was able to have someone instruct me on the true fundamentals of shooting.  I'm here to tell you, that instruction worked.  Thanks to the outstanding work from RainmanJS as shoot boss, great instruction from dragit and helpful pointers from Mark & Mark acting as orange hats at the shoot, I was able to qualify as Rifleman.  I will wear that patch with pride and will keep the challenge coin I was presented with on me at all times.

The work y'all do is truly inspiring.  So inspiring in fact that I'm really thinking seriously about taking up dragit's challenge to pay it forward by becoming an IIT.  By doing so, I can support a cause I believe in at my very core, and by helping others, I can't help but improve myself.

Thanks to all the folks that make this opportunity possible.  I hope to join your ranks before too long, and will continue to attend shoots and spread the good word about Appleseed.

wolf

hey this is wolf ,just attended the athens appleseed and made rifleman this was my third attempt.thanks to the davilla instructors and and at athens thanks to reddot,skuzzy and john .now im in question to what my next goal or step in appleseed program should be.any advice would be appraciated

doubleLL

Mike,
We could use another orange hat down in Houston. We are trying to find a range there this next year in 2011. Starfox and I say "there is nothing else like the company of fellow rifleman." You find great people in the instructor group. Send me a PM if you want more details about the program.
doubleLL

Quote from: wolf on December 07, 2010, 07:54:05 AM
hey this is wolf ,just attended the athens appleseed and made rifleman this was my third attempt.thanks to the davilla instructors and and at athens thanks to reddot,skuzzy and john .now im in question to what my next goal or step in appleseed program should be.any advice would be appraciated

Wolf,
We have several opportunities for you. You can join the program and help out, Scout needs help with the radio show or be apart of our national teams. We also have rifleman boot camps that test your skills at known distance or you could attend a known distance Appleseed. We would love to have more help in the instructor group if you would like to take up an orange hat. Just send me a PM if your interested.
doubleLL

Quote from: mseanmc on December 06, 2010, 03:26:15 PM
Mike from Houston here.

I attended my first Appleseed shoot this weekend in F'burg (12/4 - 5).  What a great experience! 

I've done many shoot n' scoot courses with carbine and pistol, but this was the first time I was able to have someone instruct me on the true fundamentals of shooting.  I'm here to tell you, that instruction worked.  Thanks to the outstanding work from RainmanJS as shoot boss, great instruction from dragit and helpful pointers from Mark & Mark acting as orange hats at the shoot, I was able to qualify as Rifleman.  I will wear that patch with pride and will keep the challenge coin I was presented with on me at all times.

The work y'all do is truly inspiring.  So inspiring in fact that I'm really thinking seriously about taking up dragit's challenge to pay it forward by becoming an IIT.  By doing so, I can support a cause I believe in at my very core, and by helping others, I can't help but improve myself.

Thanks to all the folks that make this opportunity possible.  I hope to join your ranks before too long, and will continue to attend shoots and spread the good word about Appleseed.
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

Two Wolves

Wolf, Two Wolves here. Congratulations---RIFLEMAN---. I hope you have read my first  post as it will help you understand what I'm about to say.   The Appleseed challenge to becoming a Rifleman really exemplifies the continuous battle of the good wolf vs. the evil wolf. When you attended your first Appleseed shoot, you were given food and nourishment for your good wolf inside you and it was tasty and the good wolf ate well and wanted more. This is evident by your perseverance and your desire for more. There are many ways to feed  the good wolf and one of the most potent and powerful is to stay as active in Appleseed as you can. Turn the good wolf loose so that he may lead others to this Bounty. For me--I feed my good wolf by helping to set up the firing line prior to a shoot,and providing canopies and mowing and giving encouragement and friendship to the shooters at these events in hopes that they too will win that battle that goes on inside them. Many people will tell you that your job is not done, but I will tell you to just feed your good wolf and he will lead the way.

CaptG

Mike,
Good to hear of another Houston IIT. I'm near Sealy. PM me if you're interested in shooting at my place sometime. I'll also be at College Station this weekend. So far it's the closest range for the Houston area. Hope to see you.
Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Reddot

Good to see you here Thomas; your next step is to take the orange hat.  Join us as an instructor.  Come to the next Appleseed you can make, there's one this coming weekend in San Angelo, next weekend in Davilla and step up.  Ask for the orange hat, we'll put you to work.  We can use the help.
Looking forward to seeing you again, soon.
Chuck

starfox

My best advice is to help the program grow.  We need to reach our fellow Americans and spread the heritage. You can do this many ways:  By talking up Appleseed, by bringing relatives, friends, neighbors, etc to an event, or by helping out in those thankless tasks like manning gun shows, or helping out with the organizational details of Appleseed.

The ultimate path is to take up the Orange Hat and become an IIT.  This is not something to be taken lightly however. We expect a lot of our instructors at all levels.  Travel, commitment of time, and being willing to learn and advance through the instructor levels.  Minimally we would like 4 shoots a year of our instructors with the nominal expectation being 4-6.  Some do more depending on their unique circumstances.  It is big commitment, but one that pays for itself in seeing your fellow Americans come alive to their heritage and to see shooters get excited at seeing their marksmanship improve.   Honestly, there's no money in being an instructor, but the benefits of working the Trail and connecting with fellow Americans at all levels is massively rewarding.  It is why the instructors do this job. 

We also need ranges, both public and private, you can help Appleseed grow by securing new host ranges.  There are so many ways to help this great organization and our vital Mission in saving this great Republic.  Think long and hard on what path best fits for you.  The base goal is to help our program grow, and there are a myriad of ways to accomplish this.  We would be thankful for any effort you can give to accomplish the Mission.

I will say, I have been privileged to meet and know some of the finest people on the Trail.  Truly, there is no better company than that of your fellow Riflemen!

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10