News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hello Pennsylvania, Check in and say hello.

Started by B9, June 21, 2008, 04:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooney

Quote from: kDan on December 01, 2008, 06:03:32 PM
Mooney,

I am extremely interested in helping Pa get on the trail, and would be happy to help you with a mini or anything else you get going.

It would be easier for me if the event were in the Eastern half of the state.  Where are the ranges we're talking about?

Dan

Dan,

Great! Maybe we can work something out in between. I'm about 8 miles from the Gettysburg Turnpike exit, # 236, about 2 hours from Philadelphia, Allentown, or Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Where are you located? The ranges/clubs I'm joining are in Carlisle, Lewisberry, Harrisburg, & Lebanon.

Mooney
Mooney

kDan

Mooney,

That's perfect.  I'm in Hawley, Pike County.  That's about 1/2 hour east of Scranton, Lake Wallenpaupack area.  We should hae no proglem working something out if you've got the place. 

Any idea of dates?

Dan
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

mooney

Quote from: kDan on December 02, 2008, 12:20:13 AM
Mooney,

That's perfect.  I'm in Hawley, Pike County.  That's about 1/2 hour east of Scranton, Lake Wallenpaupack area.  We should hae no proglem working something out if you've got the place. 

Any idea of dates?

Dan

I hadn't given a specific date any thought yet, just thinking out load right now. It may take a month or two to get the board of any of these clubs moving on approving an event then generating some interest over the 2-3 months while the boards approve our event. I'm thinking we might be able to pull it off in Feb or March which should help generate interest for the April 19th events at Reade's Range. I'll be introducing the mini event idea at the member meetings and to the club officers this month.

What do you think? Thoughts?
Mooney

kDan

Quote from: mooney on December 02, 2008, 10:49:29 AM
Quote from: kDan on December 02, 2008, 12:20:13 AM
Mooney,

Any idea of dates?

Dan

I hadn't given a specific date any thought yet, just thinking out load right now. It may take a month or two to get the board of any of these clubs moving on approving an event then generating some interest over the 2-3 months while the boards approve our event. I'm thinking we might be able to pull it off in Feb or March which should help generate interest for the April 19th events at Reade's Range. I'll be introducing the mini event idea at the member meetings and to the club officers this month.

What do you think? Thoughts?

I think you're on the right track.  Just follow up on any discussions or interest displayed by folks you talk to. 

There is a Riflemans Boot Camp that I may try to visit for a couple days at the end of February, so that may be a good or a bad time for me, depending.  I could drive by on the way there or back.  I'd say that whatever dates you get tentatively, run with and I should be able to make it.  So...  bottom line, take whatever you can get with both fists and we'll make it happen!

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

jefferson

Hello patriots, I live south eastern pa and soon my fuller

Ak will be done.I am new to all of this and can't wait to get started.

B9

Quote from: jefferson on December 10, 2008, 03:11:23 PM
Hello patriots, I live south eastern pa and soon my fuller

Ak will be done.I am new to all of this and can't wait to get started.                           

Welcome Jefferson,
There are several PA members in your area. I heard talk of a Mini-Appleseed shoot being set up down that way.

You are new to all what?
Being American? Shooting a rifle? Living in SE PA? Standing up and deciding you want to claim your responsibilities in the direction of our country, and want to help bail the USS America?

No problem if the answer is yes to all the above. You have come to the right place.

Ed
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

jefferson

Thanks Ed,I am new to shooting community and would
Like more info on the mini shoot in my area.

mooney

jefferson,

Where in SE PA are you, what town?

Mooney
Mooney

jefferson

oduibhne

I will be submitting a registraiton form for the Allemans event in April 2009.  I've mentioned it to several other ands they have indicated interest in attending.  Dan
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." ~ Samuel Adams (1780)

lprgcfrank

I sent in my registration for Allemans today.
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

B9

Allemans is up to 9 registered as of today.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Truculent turtle

Good  Morning PA  and  especially  the  9  on  the  roster  for  Allemans on  19 April.  My  name  is  Bill, and  it appears I will be  the  shoot  boss.  It  is  my  intent  to arrive  with  my  crew, 2  red  hats, 2 orange hat and  one  student on  Thursday  night  and  then  go  to  the  range  Friday afternoon, and  hopefully, depending  on  wx,  get  the  target  backers up so  that no  time  is  lost  on  Saturday  morning.  You  guys  in  the  frozen  Northland, called  Pa,  know  this  better  than  I  but  I  am  planning on  the  weather  to be  interesting, and  I  know  the  wind on  that  hill top  comes  straight  from  the  North  Pole.  I  will  try  to  come  up  with some sort  of  shelter and  wind  break--last  time  I  was  there the  wind  moved  my  wind break  to  Ohio  or  somewhere.  Seriously  though,  review  your  pack up and  if  you  have  questions  do  not  hesitate  to  send  out  a  PM  on  here.  One  issue  I  know, I'll  will  be  asking  if  any  of  those attending have  any specific EMT  training if  you  would  be  willing to  stand up  and  be  counted.  I  suspect  the cell signal at  the range  is  poor  and  the  time/distance issue  for  local  response is  something  I  do  not  know, but  will  by  19 April.  I  stayed at  the  Days Inn  in  Altoona  last  time and  suspect  I  will  again.  the  advantage  was  that  there  was  plenty  of  eating  places  for  Friday  and  Saturday  night,  the  disadvantage  is  that  it  was  about  45  minutes  from  the range.  If  that  changes I'll  post  it  here.  Speaking  of  food,  the  only  place  to  get  lunch around  the  range  is  an  hour  plus  round  trip, so  plan  accordingly.  Bill

Cowdog

Hello,
I am from the Grove City area. I am a lifelong shooter and American history nut and love everything I have seen  about this program. I will be attending the Allemans event and the July clinic in Beaver co. I will be registering for Allemans on Friday (payday).

I have been passing out flyers, and have one other for Allemans and maybe three for Beaver.

Ready to learn and help.
My avatar is the Flag of John Proctor's Westmoreland County Provincials, from 1775

jagr31

Hello,

I am in the Wallenpaupack area, looking forward to a first appleseed at allemans in april with a total party of 5. me and my 2 looking to try and get in friday nite and camp but will have to see about weather , anyone else planing on camping ? the other 2 in our little group i belive are planning on a room some were.
any info about the camp sittuation would help for planning , will a cooking fire be ok or will I need to plan a cold camp? Any info willl help. Unless everybody else will be getting a room , let me know were and I will be there too.

have posted threads regarding the AS at Falfiles and the squirrle page

looking forward to shooting w/ some other locals.

Regards , Jgr

B9

Quote from: jagr31 on March 17, 2009, 07:05:16 PM
Hello,

I am in the Wallenpaupack area, looking forward to a first appleseed at allemans in april with a total party of 5. me and my 2 looking to try and get in friday nite and camp but will have to see about weather , anyone else planing on camping ? the other 2 in our little group i belive are planning on a room some were.
any info about the camp sittuation would help for planning , will a cooking fire be ok or will I need to plan a cold camp? Any info willl help. Unless everybody else will be getting a room , let me know were and I will be there too.

have posted threads regarding the AS at Falfiles and the squirrle page

looking forward to shooting w/ some other locals.

Regards , Jgr

Welcome jagr31!
Wallenpaupack area huh. You just happen to be in the same neck of the woods as kDan, one of the best Shoot Bosses in the program. I bet you have already ran into him at your local range.

Hope you got you and your group registered as the shoot is almost sold out. 52 out of 60 sold as of right now.
Talk your friends into camping, it is way better plus they won't have to drive to the hotel risking getting lost.
There is a spot for a fire and I believe Mooney (the PA State Coordinator) will be there friday. As you head down toward the target line about half way down at the first porta john there is a cross over to the left side. The camping area is right there with a stone fire ring and what the range president calls "a grassy area".
Bring something soft to lay on, it is like the surface of Mars there. Sharp rocks/shale/iron ore who knows what it is but they have a lot of it down there. Don't bother bringing the tent stakes. Do wood scouting in the daylight it will save a twisted ankle or two and the woods were FULL of bears at night. (just kidding about the ankle thing)

Medea Benjamin

jagr31

B964,
thanks for the info , yes we registered back in febuary. to bad about the tent stakes guess that means no usyng the old shelter 1/2, will figure some thing out. the wood - planning to bring a bit of my own , we didnt burn as much i thought we would this year.
As for Kdan , we have made contact and will try and shoot w/ him before coming out

Thanks again, Regards Jgr

oduibhne

Dan in southwestern PA (Washington County).  Looking forward to shoots in this area.  Have and will distribute flyers when they are made available.  In contact with many local clubs and pro-gun organizations.
Dan
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." ~ Samuel Adams (1780)

Frontsight

Hello Everyone, I'm a new member of the forum. I just attended my first Appleseed at Alleman's, PA this past weekend and managed to bring home a rifleman's patch.  I am so grateful to the Appleseed community as a whole and to the instructors in particular that I want to find out what I can do to give something back. I'm in Southeastern Pa.  Chester County to be exact.  Looking forward to my next one already.  Just have to pick up four of those little single shot crickets that I saw the young ladies at Allemans shooting for my kids.

Thanks again, Frontsight 

lprgcfrank

Congratulations and welcome!  I'm an IIT from Delaware county - I mostly shoot at Lower Providence Rod and Gun (hence the LPRGC on my handle) -  We're trying to get an Appleseed program started in Southeast PA - Since you made Rifleman - are you interested in helping as an instructor and in getting a program started here?
Frank

quote author=Frontsight link=topic=3027.msg63319#msg63319 date=1240541877]
Hello Everyone, I'm a new member of the forum. I just attended my first Appleseed at Alleman's, PA this past weekend and managed to bring home a rifleman's patch.  I am so grateful to the Appleseed community as a whole and to the instructors in particular that I want to find out what I can do to give something back. I'm in Southeastern Pa.  Chester County to be exact.  Looking forward to my next one already.  Just have to pick up four of those little single shot crickets that I saw the young ladies at Allemans shooting for my kids.

Thanks again, Frontsight 
[/quote]
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Dirty Bill

I'm very close to Pa,in Brooke county Wv. You all might see me from time time.As an IIT,I suppose I will do duty someday in Pa. As long as it doesn't interfere with my WV shoots....Almost Heaven gets first consideration. :)
"On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions,who at the dawn of victory,sat down to rest,and while resting,Died.

"Watch the Wind..."

Frontsight

lprgcfrank, I would certainly be interested in helping to establish an Appleseed presence in this part of the state.  Spending too many nights away from my wife and young children is problematic, so that would work out perfectly.  I am a member of Atglen Sportsmen's Club in Atglen, PA.  We have several ranges there from 25 yards out to 500.  I've been trying to figure out the best strategy for approaching the membership or the board about hosting an Appleseed.  Let me know what you have in mind for the area. 

Thanks, John   

biros

Hello,
I would love to participate in appleseed.
I am from Northeast Pa. (mountaintop to be exact) and would not mind helping to organize an event if help is needed.
I know that Pa. Game Commission public ranges are reservable for shooting events.
would like to get my sons involved also.

SamD

Welcome biros,
Way to go, seventh stepping on the first post  O0.

I grew up in NC and NW Pa and know for a fact there are plenty of potential riflemen up there.  Some of 'em are "bitter clingers" but they can take Appleseed just fine. Go get 'em. 

Somebody needs to head out on Rt 6 East and West and hit every club, gunshop and hardware store on the way.
Someone with a huge box of SWATS and BluePress  starts at Gorenflo's in Erie and another at Sportsman's Rendezvous in Milford and meet at Harlands in Wellsboro for supper. 

Sam

303shooter

Welcome Biros, we are glad to have you here! My name is Denny and I work with the Pa/Ny team to arrange, promote and organize the Appleseed program in the state . You said that your in Mountaintop, if its the one in Luzerne County, there will be an event in Hallstead Pa July 25-26 which is only an hour and a half or so north of you.  This will be an excellent event with a great bunch of knowlegeable and helpful instructors, sure to learn alot and have fun doing it!  Also, your interest to help with the program is great, and theres a lot that can be done to forward it.Welcome to a great organization with a great bunch of people.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks and i will talk with you soon!..Denny

Knight Kadosh

Hi everyone,

I hail from Lancaster, PA.

I heard about this event during my first visit as a new member of a local gun club.

See you July 18th and 19th at Elstonville Sportsman's Association in Manheim, PA.

Best Regards,

Brian
Mohnton Fish and Game Protective Association
http://www.mohnton.org/

B9

Quote from: Knight Kadosh on July 13, 2009, 11:16:33 AM
Hi everyone,

I hail from Lancaster, PA.

I heard about this event during my first visit as a new member of a local gun club.

See you July 18th and 19th at Elstonville Sportsman's Association in Manheim, PA.

Best Regards,

Brian

Welcome.
Which gun club did you hear about AS at? Was it something posted there or did someone tell you about it? Drag a few friends and family with you to Manheim.
Medea Benjamin

Knight Kadosh

Hi B9,

Although the Appleseed brochure is posted on our bulletin board just inside the door, it is amongst many other postings, (i.e., guns for sale, local shoots, club scores and miscellaneous events, etc.), making it too easy to miss.

Actually a member showed me the brochure, after explaining to him on my first visit that I had my new rifle with me but didn't know how to sight it in. He showed me the brochure than happily walked me down to help me sight in.

I have been asking everybody I see if they know about this event and do they want to go with me.

We had a rifle shoot at the club just this past Saturday and several people I spoke with were not aware of Appleseed. I happily explained that if they could not make it this weekend, that there is one Appleseed every month from July through December.

Personally, I would like to have seen it printed out on some hi-visibility paper, like florescent orange or lime green, with some take home brochures in a holder below it.

Best Regards,

Brian

Knight Kadosh

Hi B9,

Since I am in outside sales for a living, handing out brochures and literature while traveling around the area would not be out of the question, as it would hopefully generate added interest and especially a great deal more awareness. O0

Best Regards,

Brian

Master Po

Noob checking in from Chester Springs (where Washington & Continental Army retreated to after the Battle of Brandywine)
See you at an upcoming AS in Manheim.