News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Where we are

Started by davecampperry, June 21, 2008, 01:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davecampperry

David L. Keith, PO box 2522, Chickasha, OK 73023.  My plan is to use I-35 and I-40 to 'divide' the state into quarters. We have an up and running group in Sallisaw (NE) and apparently some interest in Grandfield (SW). I have a friend in Ada for SE, and a friend in Woodward for NW. There is no 'assigned territory' in this. If you live in Tulsa and want to be coord for SW go to it! You may choose whatever title pleases you, and I don't care who gets the credit, but I'll take the blame. It won't be your job to fly the planes, rather your job will be to see that the planes are flown!
"Any one who attempts, or even wishes, to disarm me is my mortal enemy, and is guilty of Treason." Jeff Cooper
Let's stop calling it 'gun control' and start calling it what it is-Treason.

cletellier

Quote from: davecampperry on June 21, 2008, 01:52:50 AM
David L. Keith, PO box 2522, Chickasha, OK 73023.  My plan is to use I-35 and I-40 to 'divide' the state into quarters. We have an up and running group in Sallisaw (NE) and apparently some interest in Grandfield (SW). I have a friend in Ada for SE, and a friend in Woodward for NW. There is no 'assigned territory' in this. If you live in Tulsa and want to be coord for SW go to it! You may choose whatever title pleases you, and I don't care who gets the credit, but I'll take the blame. It won't be your job to fly the planes, rather your job will be to see that the planes are flown!
Chad Letellier, Stonewall, OK, I just signed up to the sight, I would be interested in hearing if there is anything progressing in the Ada area.  I may be interested in assisting.

PJEVANS

Well HELLO guys!  My name is Phil Evans, Box 176, I live east of Claremore, and I am a policeman for the time being in tulsa.  Kinda funny how we all have po boxes....I've been somewhat involved in Appleseed since 2006 when I took my boys to Mingus, Texas.  In '07 I went to a Riflemans Boot Camp in Davilla Texas and became part of  Fireteam Texas.  I've been trying to get something going in the Tulsa area and have flopped every time.  But I will keep flopping because it will eventually catch hold. 
The closest shoot I know about is comming up August 23-24 in Yellville Arkansas, which I think is about three hours east of tulsa.
Ya'll ought to come.  I'm talking to as many folks as will hold still about the shoot, some say they are going to come, I'll believe it when I see it, so if you want to come I'd suggest
pre-registering.  I plan on camping out. 
Phil Evans
'Loud noises do not usually stop a gun fight,
     Well placed hits do'

GlockCop

I am a brand new member in the OKC area and am looking forward to my first Appleseed. Am hoping that one will come up close by so that myself and my wife can both attend to learn more about rifle marksmanship.

oldgrunt

WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!!
things are  workin out for more shoots in the state so hang in there.....
If there anything we can help with just sound off and someone will help you out..I talked to h&h gun shop there and they said you can use the range to train and shoot AQT's .From freds site you can buy targets and handbooks .I would drive down to the city and talk and share my skills.We can use the class rooms and ranges but we need to give them a heads up .The fees are small to use this range so with the weather changing and all I think this fine indoor range is the ticket..So if you guys want to go get a stack of targets and a few red coats and I will come down and show you what it takes to get the scores you want long before you see the fine crews tell the stories and teach the way of the Appleseed shooting ..lol Its a blast

I think its time for the shoot boss's and red hats [who ever you are]to start looking into setting something up ???? There are folks looking to join in ..H&H gun range in OKC has the room to get a mini done and it sounds like we got at least 10 folks in this state that would drive to meet up......The range has it all food .heat .parking and a great staff that can give us what ever we need to hold a mini ...I hope some of you here see this as a great chance to share this with others...

Well thats it you can count me in for what ever ..I myself dont feel like waiting around till spring to see something happen in the state ....So wake up you guys sitting down in southern part of the state we need you to helpout ..... Oldgrunt ..out
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

funfaler

Well fellas,

Not to come across as contrary, but "Appleseed" does not set up shoots, people do.  There is no large organization that seeks out fun and exciting locations to have Appleseed shoots.  It is people, that are there, that want to have an Appleseed, who set them up, we come and put it on.

Here is a great link to get you started on the process http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=1651.0

You can ask me questions as well.

OK has a State Coordinator, 'davecampperry', I highly suggest you PM him with your ideas on where you want a shoot.

Don't just say, "try yada-yada range", as that is of little help, we can look up ranges on the web.  You say, "I want a shoot at yada-yada, I want material and information on presenting the idea to the club/range". 

You get the club/range to agree to a date, we will walk you through the rest of the process.

Keep in mind we supply the proven Appleseed course, Instructors, targets, course material, our own insurance, and promotions.  It really is "one stop shopping".

So, don't wait for Appleseed to come to you, make it come to you, by getting a location and date set up!  It is the Appleseed Way...the American Way.

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

oldgrunt

Sounds great ..I will do my part to get things going on in OKC. Seems there is a need to do something along those lines .thanks for the outline and pointers..

Get ready I think a mini is in the works soon...OKC looks like we are coming before too long.....Oldgrunt..out
                                         Iron Mike

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

smle

Oldgrunt,

I also see a possible car pool to Osage Beach.

You don't have to be a shoot boss, a red hat, an orange hat or even a rifleman to put on a Appleseed Shoot.

I'm none of the above and I managed to put on the Yellville shoot, barely.

Just keep davecamppery updated and if you have a problem, holler. Between everyone we'll get if sorted out.

Happy shooting

smle
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

PJEVANS

oldgrunt is like a carnavoir energizer bunny!  I love the hh idea, indoors for winter, center of the state, easy access.  i'm thinking we'd probably be restricted to 22's, but we probably need to be.
does anyone know anyone within the hh group we can sway our way? 
Phil Evans
     Well placed hits do'

PJEVANS

Welcome home GLOCK COP!  i think you are going to like what you find here.  Before i got injurred i taught firearms at tulsa pd and have used appleseed technique to help a bunch of our shooters.  this precision 4moa shooting is the bomb!  right now i'd suggest you check out the davilla riflemans boot camp the first part of nov, or at least the two day appleseed shoot that weekend.  its just a half hour east of austin tx.  i have been to some excellent schools, but this is by far the most and best.  when i get healed up i'm going to try to get cleet to adopt appleseed as our basic rifle sop.  WELCOME!!
Phil Evans
     Well placed hits do'

GlockCop

Thanks for the welcome. I have liked everything that I have seen here so far.I am looking forward to actually getting to shoot the course to see how I do. Finally got my 10-22 set up for the 25 yards. It seems I find something new here everyday...which is a good thing. I am NRA certified pistol instructor and USPSA range officer certified so that helps a little and helps a lot with the range safety. I would like to become an instructor here but need to shoot it first then learn the right way to do it...lol. Anyway thanks again and hope to see some of you all soon....Scott

oldgrunt

There you go glockcop!!!!!nice to see you up here..Hope things are going well since the packets came to you ..We are planning too go to Scouts place soon your welcome to come it a great place...Nov 8-9 is the dates .... As soon as my targets get here I'm on the first thing smokin too OKC .I cant wait to shoot with you all it will be fun....Let me know if I can help you out before then, PJevans is the IIT for my area so he's got the low down on all things Appleseed and he will answer anything I cant ..Welcome and enjoy this great place we have here ..seeya soon .....OLDGRUNT ..out
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

bratch

Just noticed this.

Bryce from OKC. I attended Sallisaw and Grandfield in '08.  Really looking forward to getting to some more local shoots.

swavy00

I am interested in helping get one set up. I haven't been to one yet, but am excited about it. I am in Drumright, but am willing to go about anywhere in the state.

Hey GC, good to see you!

rawhide

Hello swavy00,

I too have been hoping to get to an appleseed since I first learned about them.  We are neighbors.  I live near Drumright with a Cushing address.

oldgrunt

As of today we have a few ranges coming online to hold shoots this spring......I ask that the ones from the www.okshooters.com site keep me informed of the needs and wants of this effort. I can tell you all if we get just one site ready we can have a shoot long before the April 19 date .I will be going to texas to compelte my ibc so that we can have more instructors in this state.If said ranges are for holding events I will be at as many as you all want to have....We have many red hats just ready to come here and get us up and running so we can do this on our own.....

As soon as I hear from the landowners and others all we have to do is contact our instructors and they will approve the ranges....All my info is posted on both sites just call me up and I can get the paperwork done and in the right hands...Thanks to all of you down in the OKC I been there a few times and talked to h&h and others on my own..You folks did what I asked talk too the ranges and clubs its only been a few short months since we all started this effort and things are coming together.....You wont be sorry..you'll enjoy every shoot ..Just think we might not have to drive so many miles to attend a event.......

Okay now that we said all this if someone on the team here at appleseed can over see this with me ..The paperwork will be done realy fast and we can get to shooting soon...I'm here 24 7 just contact me ..

thanks 

OLDGRUNT..OUT
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

henschman

I just joined the site, and I'd like to help set up a shoot too.  I am in both the Norman and Stillwater areas.  I've got some friends and family who would probably come if we set something up. 

I shot expert on the AQT at an appleseed back in 2007, but I am just now getting around to joining as an official member.  I go to Law School at OU, and its been keeping me pretty busy!

I'm not in any gun clubs or anything, but I know there is one that we might want to look into right by where I live in Goldsby (by Norman).  Its apparently on the highway 9 exit in Norman.  I just heard about it on OKshooters.

let me know what I need to be doing to help.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

GlockCop

Well my wife and I are signed up,paid and ready to go to the Appleseed in April in Oxford KS. It was the closest and it is on THE weekend to be at an Appleseed. We are looking forward to it with a lot of anticipation. Hope to see and meet a few of you out there.

Fred

Quote from: henschman on January 15, 2009, 05:11:35 PM
I just joined the site, and I'd like to help set up a shoot too.  I am in both the Norman and Stillwater areas.  I've got some friends and family who would probably come if we set something up. 

I shot expert on the AQT at an appleseed back in 2007, but I am just now getting around to joining as an official member.  I go to Law School at OU, and its been keeping me pretty busy!

I'm not in any gun clubs or anything, but I know there is one that we might want to look into right by where I live in Goldsby (by Norman).  Its apparently on the highway 9 exit in Norman.  I just heard about it on OKshooters.

let me know what I need to be doing to help.

As a rifleman already, you should go to the "How to Promote Appelseed" board at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=58.0

Then check out http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=1651.msg18554#msg18554 and read on down until you come to the "member of a gun club?" and the link a couple of posts further down to a post discussing the topic in detail. Don't expect to walk into your local gun club and be met with open arms when you say "Appleseed" (yes, it happens, but it's RARE). You'll have to sell them on the idea, and there's some human dynamics involved that you need to know about, and be prepared to work around.

As to what else you can do, seems to me you'll find plenty of ideas on that board, currently read by way less than half the members of this "working site", suggesting a lot of people here don't know why they're here.

:(
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

oldgrunt

Well the great one has blessed us with his words once again ..Like he said find something on the site you can do and get it done...I'm always around to help so dont think your on your own just ask I will do what ever...I will be in OKC feb 5 at H&H come on out and we can talk seeya soon...
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

TUHurricane

I am a student at the University interested in any shooting time I can get.  Because I live on campus I cannot bring my own weapons, but am hoping yall can help me out with that.  I have attended an appleseed, and am just looking to practice as much as possible.  O I didn't mention already my name is Garrett.
guns and freedom are like music and dancing, you can't have one without the other.

BaldDragn

Hi musicanddancing, Im a ways away but you have a couple very active members there in OK. Send a PM to Old Grunt or SMLE and let them know your arround and want to go shoot.

Most of us istructors have loaner rifles that we use for our shooters, so finding someone to go shoot with souldn't be a problem.

"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

henschman

Hey Garrett, I go to OU law school, so maybe we can meet up and go down to H&H in the city sometime for a little practice.  I have extra rifles and plenty of targets.  I find that after a stressful day of classes, there is no better way to blow off some steam than to hit the range!  just hit me up with a PM if you want to go.

maybe we should set up a range day at H&H when some of the other folks in the area could come out and play too.  Anybody have suggestions on date and time?  I'm available after 5 on weekdays. 

"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."

TUHurricane

Sorry, I just read my old post and found out that I never said which University.  I am at the University of Tulsa.  Which is quite the drive from OKC.  I would be willing to make it, just not every weekend...
guns and freedom are like music and dancing, you can't have one without the other.

henschman

yeah, you said "the university," and i figured you meant the University of Oklahoma.  oldgrunt is in your area; he would probably be down to go shooting.

also, I am in Stillwater on the weekends.  We always go shooting at a free range in Pawnee, which isn't too bad of a drive from tulsa.  Probably about a 45 minute drive or so for you.  My buddies and I are out there almost every weekend shooting inch squares, AQTs, Redcoats, and the local wildlife  ;D, so come down and join us sometime! 

okiewino

Hey Guys
I am doing what I can to function as State Coordinator, and would love to put together an informal shoot in the OKC area. I am out of Shawnee and we have a nice range at the gun club out here at Shawnee lake if any of you would like to come out and shoot! PM me if you are interested. :~ :~ :~
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical"..Thomas Jefferson

henschman

I'd love to come out and shoot sometime.  Let's do it!

okiewino

Hench I am available most anytime, so just let me know when you are free and we will do it, either at my gun clun range or in the city ar H & H, your call. you can reach me on my cell at 405.202.0819
Got to go and get my beauty rest, you wouldn't want to see me without it!
Don :~
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical"..Thomas Jefferson

okiewino

I found this on the Kansas board, are there any instructors who could make this shoot Nov 7-8? They seem to really want to get on the Appleseed trail!
Let me know and will try to coordinate, or contact Dad as he is the KS coordinator. O0 O0

We already have quite a few shooters wanting to sign up for this one. What all needs to happen to get this one on the schedule? AdamSelene has done all he can for a great Appleseed.

Lomshek
Bone Creek Gun Club president

oldgrunt

This post is for the new and old Instructor's....I need a new list of names and forum names ..Please post here..

We have new Red hats that need to know who's who....For any ITT's that need things done just pick a event and bring you pc's ...I'll see too it that u get sometime on the line ..

Thanks OG
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE