News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Douglas WY 2012 AS AAR

Started by colonial shooter, June 11, 2012, 11:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonial shooter

What a great weekend. Saturday morning started out sunny and mid 70's, but temps soon began to climb. Majority of attendants were from the Sherwood family reunion (14). Several walk ons  made the total 23. 10/22s primarily the firearm of choice. several tube fed and lever actions on the line as well.  Although the wind blew on Saturday, Sunday was windier by far. Had several shooters knocking at the door, 2 with 209's. Please add your comments if I left anything out. Pics will be added soon.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Hi-oopi

I plan on getting some pictures up tomorrow if all works out as planned! 

Sunday was cool and many people found out how much wind we actually do have in Wyoming!!

Sunday we had even more walk ons making the total for Sunday 29.
"That's what happens when you sit behind a desk. You forget things; like the weight in the hand of a gun that's loaded and one that's not." -- From the movie "Taken"

JeffCA

Wind?  What wind?  I returned to the KOA after the shoot on Sunday to see my tent bent and broken.  Oh well, at least it made it until the last day.

Thanks again to all the instructors and volunteers for putting on a great RBC and AS event.  Had a great time!
Μολὼν λαβέ

Hi-oopi

I promised PICTURES!!

I have RBC and AS pictures but I'll have to wait until CS gets up to see where he wants the RBC pics!! So here are the AS ones!

This is CS presenting Nick (forum name unavailable at this time) with an orange hat.

This is all of the Appleseed Instructors at the Douglas Event! What a great bunch!

This is only some of the shooters on Sunday. (The ones who agreed to get there picture taken.)

Last but certainly not least, Cooper doing 2nd Strike with a flag flapping over my head.    What a great performance.... and the crowd went wild!  *claps*  Great job!

Hope you enjoy these just as much as we did!

Hi-oopi
"That's what happens when you sit behind a desk. You forget things; like the weight in the hand of a gun that's loaded and one that's not." -- From the movie "Taken"

Hi-oopi

Quote from: JeffCA on June 13, 2012, 02:12:40 AM
Wind?  What wind?  I returned to the KOA after the shoot on Sunday to see my tent bent and broken.  Oh well, at least it made it until the last day.

Thanks again to all the instructors and volunteers for putting on a great RBC and AS event.  Had a great time!

Wow, I can't believe .... wait no.. I can believe it.  At least it lasted the week with all the bad weather we were having, especially at night.  Tents don't do well in Wyoming wind! I think more than a couple people found that out this week.  Next time we will figure something better out!  I'm guessing you made it home alright?

Hi-oopi

Hi-oopi

Here is the link for the RBC thread so it is easily accessed.  I know it took me awhile to find it. I eventually just went to search for every thread that had the name Douglas in it.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=29945.0

More pictures there!!!

Hi-oopi

patsher

What a great weekend! Thanks to all you instructors -- new and old -- you were great. That wind on Sunday was a real beast. I'd like to do another Appleseed shoot someplace where the wind doesn't blow that hard -- I'm unsteady enough as it is!

The Kansas and Colorado contingents who joined us for the shoot all went home very happy -- we all had a great time. The 3 kids who shot with us were real troopers -- any everyone wants to do it again.

Thank you, ALL!!!

Pat

patsher

Colonial Shooter, I have a question for you. We forgot to have anyone from the shoot sign our RWVA cards so that we can attend another Appleseed. -- I think you call them the ROC card. Can we still get that done?

thanks!

Pat

colonial shooter

"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana