News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leaving my Heart in San Francisco

Started by PaxxAZ, May 11, 2012, 02:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaxxAZ

This is in response to the semi-veiled invitation from JohnnyAppleseed in http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=28440.0

My family and most of my grammar School and early adulthood friends are in the San Francisco Bay area.

My next trip there I was planning on going to an AS, but the wedding is the same weekend as the August AS in Sacramento. However by years end or early next, expect me on a line, and dragging at least 2 nieces and one sister, perhaps more, and probably friends I can tolerate more than a few hours.  :cool2:

My main issue with that is I only have 2 rifles adequate for AS and Legal in California, both 10/22s. So I would need to borrow some equipment (hint hint).

You Guys and Gals in California are doing Yeoman's work, and I truly am humbled by it.

On one end it is sometimes hostile territory, on the other I am sure the message hits home for every one that goes to an AS.

That said I am still really interested in what your outreach processes are. Media hits, schools, community groups, and results from that. I still need to organize myself to get to a school or somesuch. 

I know California (northern California) quite well, when it went from great state with great people, to Great state with great people and many people wanting protection from everything I don't know. But it has become everyone's welfare is the most important thing.

However, Everyone's liberty is the most important things is the flip side of that coin.

As much as I would Joke otherwise, California is usually on the cutting edge of social reform. But it has to go through it's evolution and I am sure it will make the jump in the next 10~20 years to liberty loving as well as the caring people that they seem to want to be right now.

You guys are on that Edge, moving that forward, and for that you have my eternal gratitude.

On the flip side, I'll still make fun of California.   >:D

Looking forward to a day when there is an AS at the Presidio with the Golden Gate in the background.

There are many things talked about that make the people of the US
different; being riflemen is one, asking why is another, as is getting
what needs doing done.

-Me 2011

asminuteman

yeo·man
   [yoh-muhn] noun, plural yeo·men, adjective

noun
1. a petty officer in a navy, having chiefly clerical duties in the U.S. Navy.

2. British . a farmer who cultivates his own land.

3. History/Historical . one of a class of lesser freeholders, below the gentry, who cultivated their own land, early admitted in England to political rights.

4. Archaic .
a. a servant, attendant, or subordinate official in a royal or other great household.

b. a subordinate or assistant, as of a sheriff or other official or in a craft or trade.

adjective
5. of, pertaining to, composed of, or characteristic of yeomen: the yeoman class.

6. performed or rendered in a loyal, valiant, useful, or workmanlike manner, especially in situations that involve a great deal of effort or labor: He did a yeoman job on the problem.

Ehhhh     "Really?".......... :-X
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

PaxxAZ

Quote from: PaxxAZ on May 11, 2012, 02:01:55 AM

You Guys and Gals in California are doing Yeoman's work, and I truly am humbled by it.

Quote from: asminuteman on May 11, 2012, 04:49:39 PM

6. performed or rendered in a loyal, valiant, useful, or workmanlike manner, especially in situations that involve a great deal of effort or labor: He did a yeoman job on the problem.

Ehhhh     "Really?".......... :-X

I'm sorry if this was found demeaning, my gramtical error was not meant as such. Please allow me to replace that line with the following.

You Guys and Gals in California are doing yeomen work, and I truly am humbled by it.

what needs doing done.

-Me 2011

asminuteman

Bezon Pax

As one who reads "generational "documents regularly
AND
has a larger then average lexicon...............usually 18th century...

it caught my attention.........

I know "only" the last meaning pertained to the conversation at hand.......
yet to the passing 21st century soul......well, ...you understand....

by the way- nice use of the language!
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

PaxxAZ

:))
My initial responce was 'how can someone have an issue being called a Yeoman, it's not like I called them serfs or anything.'
Sadly my reason for the use of such has little to do with historic reading and everything to do with Sci-fi/Fantasy, or 60s/70s return to the earth movements. Not totaly sure, but it is not 21st century...I am too odd to be cutting edge, harvenger perhaps but not cutting edge.  >:D

I totaly understand where you where comming from, and I have done it many times. While not polite in some company, great way to learn is to force others to correct you.

what needs doing done.

-Me 2011