News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Medical Lake, WA, 5-6 May 2012

Started by Theophilus, May 07, 2012, 09:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theophilus

16 shooters on Saturday and 10 shooters on Sunday enjoyed magnificent weather, excellent marksmanship instruction, and wonderful, liberty-revealing history at the Lone Pine Range in Medical Lake, WA.

Many thanks to our gracious host, Jack.  We always look forward to going to the Lone Pine Range.

More to follow...
Theophilus
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

Joni

Congratulations Theophilus! also to Prescott, who was working with RL at a central OR shoot.
Some of the Pictures I took are at this link, still looking on how to blur a face so I can post several others.
Please feel free to take any picture you want.

https://picasaweb.google.com/GretaStuff/2012May2012MedicalLakeWA?authkey=Gv1sRgCPfliorxoazAJg

Evenstar

A huge thank you to Jack for once again hosting an Appleseed at his Lone Pine Range! It was great to go back for the first time since I was red-hatted there.

Thank you to all who came out; I'm sure we'll see you all again. Keep up the practicing and you'll be Riflemen in no time.

Rebecca and 'Grandy', I enjoyed spending time especially on Saturday working with you gals. You listened, and put into practice what you were taught. Now you just need some more dry-practice time! O0

Shawn, I'm sorry you and your husband were only able to make it on Saturday. If you could have come back on Sunday, I'm almost positive you would both have scored Rifleman.

Alan and David, I didn't make it to your end of the line much, but keep working on your trigger control. You guys were doing a great job, and were shooting pretty good once you borrowed those slings. They make a world of difference!

Steve, Jessa, and Maggie, it was great to see you all back from last year. The girls were doing great! And we'll see you back on the line again soon. :)

Instructors, as always, I enjoy spending time with you all, and teaching along side you. Dave, congratulations again! You definitely earned that 'Christmas-tree' hat. ;D

And here are some of my pictures (and couple of TruT's)...

I've never been to a shoot where so many people were taking notes! On the marksmanship instruction, but especially on the History. Awesome!

Steve and the girls

Frank works on prone

Dave adjusts the sling in preparation for demoing the prone position

RR teaches IMC

Still Learnin' instructing on the line

Rebecca works on prone

Shane

SL helps with some sights

Rizzin watches the line during lunch

TruT and Still Learnin go over the seated positions

Instruction on standing

There's 'Grandy'!

The one and only Joni!

Prep mags...

Right end of the line in prone

Father and son - Alan and David

Shawn in standing

Sunday pictures coming soon...
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Evenstar

Still Learnin catches a kitten. :)

Theo reviews the AQT mid-morning

Rizzin gets some trigger time in

I was able to shoot an AQT for the first time since I scored Rifleman with iron sights in December. (Yes, my sling is awesome.) ^-^

Nathan

Jessa

David

Alan is pretty intent on getting that sling right

;D

Steve and Maggie

We get a lot of air traffic at Medical Lake... it's near an airport and the Fairchild AFB.

Not to mention trains. Lots of trains.

That's it from me. Stay the Course.

Evenstar

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Rifleman

Thank you to all the volunteers and Rifleman in Training.

Your great instruction and patience were well received!  The entire Anderson Family (even the dog) had a wonderful time learning history and safe shooting skills. Can't wait to get to another shoot soon so the rest of the family can earn their Rifleman Qualification.

Thank you all so much for your time at the shoot and all of the prep time.

Linden

I really appreciated the personal attention and am looking forward to coming back again. Making Rifleman is harder than it looks and while our oldest was very disappointed to not make it, he is learning that if you stop trying you will surely fail. It's important to learn from your losses and keeps trying.

Rebecca

Thank you for helping me learn to be a better shooter and citizen. I am looking forward to coming back and earning Minecraft!   :---

Nathan

Cluffy

First off, a big THANK YOU to all the instructors and volunteers!  Also to Jack for letting us us his range.  My Girls had a blast and so did I.  I saw so much improvement in them it's awesome.

The history lesson is invaluable also and it was a timely lesson for them.  In the week previous to the shoot some good friends of ours had their youngest son ship out for his first deployment to Afghanistan and their older son went back there from his two week R&R back home of his second tour.  Both are deployed with the 82ND Airborne, one as a combat medic and the other an Intel guy, in the southeastern part of Afghanistan.  My Girls know first hand the faces of one of the latest fights for freedom and it was good for them to hear the stories of the first.

We are looking forward to coming again and hopefully the wife and Girls will be able to make a Ladyseed!  I also need one more shoot before I can pick up that orange hat!

Thanks again for a great shoot!

Oh yeah, and thanks for posting the pics!  They are awesome.

Steve
As you look upon Ol' Glory flying remember that there are a lot of men dead so that you may sleep in peace tonight.

Odds  are the only two who have ever died for you is the American Serviceman and Jesus.

John 15:13

Evenstar

Rifleman Family, we enjoyed having you out on the line with us. Thanks again for making the trip!

Cluffy, thanks for coming out and bringing the girls back. Looking forward to working the other side of the line with you once you get that orange hat. O0 (And the Coeur d'Alene Ladyseed is in October. We would love to have your wife and girls there.) ^:)^

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Rifleman

You mentioned a Youtube video for how to modify your 10/22 mags to have them drop freely, but I can't find anything on it on the web.

Please help.

Linden

George Hacker

Quote from: Rifleman on June 11, 2012, 05:22:43 PM
You mentioned a Youtube video for how to modify your 10/22 mags to have them drop freely, but I can't find anything on it on the web.

Please help.

Linden
Here is a video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFZChDeBudI

Hope this helps,

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Rifleman

Thanks for the info and quick reply!   :)