News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Corona July 16-17

Started by ronjmurray, April 25, 2012, 08:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronjmurray

I just signed up myself, my wife and my 10 year old son for the June 16-17 shoot at Raahauges in Corona. 

After wishing the 10th person a Happy Patriot's Day, and either getting a blank stare  (including my kids teachers), or asking why I was a New England Patriots fan in san diego, I just couldn't take it anymore and since I recently got my wife and son both their first rifles, I thought an appleseed shoot was just the thing. 

Now that my Rant is done, I'm asking your opinion.  Is this a good shoot to bring my wife (shot a rifle once in her life) and my 10 year old son that has only cub scout bb gun range experice to?

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and hopefully getting back the feeling that I'm not really the lone AMERICAN in america.  :wb:

Ron

Mr Pete

Quote from: ronjmurray on April 25, 2012, 08:26:33 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone, and hopefully getting back the feeling that I'm not really the lone AMERICAN in america.

Well, you're definitely not the only one!  Appleseed hosted over 100 shoots this past weekend across the country to celebrate Patriot's Day!  We had a coordinated volley with literally thousands of rounds going off at once!

Many families spend their weekends at Appleseed shoots.  Bringing your wife and son to an Appleseed weekend is a good way to introduce them to marksmanship and their heritage.  Last weekend I was at a shoot with my 6 year old daughter.

There are no age requirements at an Appleseed but there is a maturity requirement.  If you believe that your son can be safe with a rifle and can bring  an open attitude that is all we require.  First time shooters are often the best students since they don't have any bad habits to unlearn.  We've literally had people unbox their new rifles on the line and ask us what to do with them.

There are some things we suggest to make your Appleseed weekend more enjoyable.  The link below has information on how to prepare for your weekend.
http://appleseedinfo.org/as_prepare.html

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have either via PM or as a reply to this post.

I hope you enjoy your weekend!
-Peter
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

asminuteman

Capt P
Well played Lad.....well done

town drunkard
-k

I hope you and the clan are happy
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

Camljr

Quote from: ronjmurray on April 25, 2012, 08:26:33 PM
I just signed up myself, my wife and my 10 year old son for the June 16-17 shoot at Raahauges in Corona. 

After wishing the 10th person a Happy Patriot's Day, and either getting a blank stare  (including my kids teachers), or asking why I was a New England Patriots fan in san diego, I just couldn't take it anymore and since I recently got my wife and son both their first rifles, I thought an appleseed shoot was just the thing. 

Now that my Rant is done, I'm asking your opinion.  Is this a good shoot to bring my wife (shot a rifle once in her life) and my 10 year old son that has only cub scout bb gun range experice to?

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and hopefully getting back the feeling that I'm not really the lone AMERICAN in america.  :wb:

Ron

Bring an easy up... and wear long sleeves, and bring lots of water...

After all, it will be july in SoCal....

See you there!

Camljr
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt