News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

River Falls , WI April21-22, 2012

Started by martin, April 23, 2012, 08:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin

What a great weekend with so many enthusiastic shooters!
First of all, thanks to the River Falls Sportsman's Club for hosting this shoot and especially to Belinda. She made sure the coffee was on and it was needed on Saturday.
Congratulations to our newest Rifleman,
                                                               Dale    211
                                                          Stephanie  235
                                                          Arriety      217

and also to our students that re-qualified   Belinda   214
                                                              Finn      230

We had several students that were shooting very well  and improvement was made by all.Don't give up!Practice is key!

Thanks to our instructors   RustyRed, Zamboni Driver, and to Nate for taking up the orange hat. Also thanks to Finn for helping out.
It was an honor to spend a weekend with so many great sons and daughters of the American Revolution!
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

BugginOut

Is it the same Nate that started last year at Menomonie?
Plan A = saving the country.
-Fred

RustyRed

Yes it is Nate from Menomonie!! ^:)^
And great job to you for putting on a Orange Hat! Welcome!!
see you around on the trail!!

Old Glory!

Nice work up nort!   

Thanks for taking up the orange hat. 

O0
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Taylor

Thanks for stepping up Nate. O0  O0 O0 O0

Great job Martin, Jo and Paul. O0 O0 O0 O0

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

zamboni_driver

We even got to see the rare sight of Nate wearing actual shoes, not flip flops...

RustyRed

I will be working on the pic's tonight! new camera!!

Old Glory!

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

RustyRed

Nate Our New Wisconsin Orange Hat

RustyRed

Our Wisconsin Riflemen

RustyRed

Our Appleseed shoot Group pic 

RustyRed

A few pic's at a time my old computer don't want to work! Sorry!!

dale magnusson

Dear Martin, Rusty Red, Zamboni Driver, and Nate,
Thanks for the great weekend! 
Your efforts on our behalf to keep the Spirit of 76 blazing are greatly appreciated!
Also appreciated the first aid kit. :-)
Dale and Diane

RustyRed

More pic's
Starting the trigger exercise

RustyRed

more pics

RustyRed

Pic's

RustyRed

Pic's

RustyRed

Pic's

RustyRed

pic

RustyRed

pic

RustyRed

pic

zamboni_driver

Quote from: dale magnusson on April 24, 2012, 11:39:43 PM
Dear Martin, Rusty Red, Zamboni Driver, and Nate,
Thanks for the great weekend! 
Your efforts on our behalf to keep the Spirit of 76 blazing are greatly appreciated!
Also appreciated the first aid kit. :-)
Dale and Diane

Dale - you were a great student, good job on rifleman. Next time it's Diane's turn to get the patch.  Hope to see you again.

Paul

Finn

What a great weekend, I took my Dad, who had never shot a rifle until three weeks before the shoot, at 73 years old he did a great job, closing in on rifleman.

The instructors Martin, Rusty Red, Zamboni Driver and Nate where fantastic  and set a great pace with much humor thrown in, just a wonderful time and wonderful people. It was Zamboni Drivers first time doing a strike and he did great.

I wanted to see if I was able to recreate my original rifleman score of 216 from last year and with the excellent instruction I was able to pull out a 230 and 231.  It appears the Appleseed rifle program really is world class congratulations to all the new riflemen that where forged this weekend you earned it.

Thanks again for the great time.

Finn

zamboni_driver

Hey Finn, it is always great to meet other instructors, come on back in the fall or at least send your dad, I'd love to help him score rifleman.