News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Corona, CA April 14-15 2012

Started by Francis Marion, April 15, 2012, 01:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francis Marion

Johnnyappleseed

It was a pleasure and honor to have ran a line at this event .
Thanx to all the good work by ITTs Dean and Rick  O0 Appeleseed is proud to welcome a NEW Rifleman to our ranks .
CONGRATULATION S Alex ! Whoo Hooo ^5

Thanx to all the futureRifleman who  worked so hard and added so much to the further the cause of libery, I enjoyed meeting and working with each of you .

See you on the trail and this forum  ;D
Waiting for some great pic's to be posted  ;)
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Foppish Dandy

Wow... Talk about awesome! This could easily be one of my favorite shoots to date! Not only did we get to see two new California Riflemen, but we also have two new Orange Hats in our ranks.  ^:)^

Every time I visit, Corona seems to give us a new adventure. However, if we're going to run into any "issue", tons of shooters is one I'll beg for every time. Fortunately, with three amazing shoot bosses and the IIT stylings of Rick and Biscuit, we were able to run two separate lines without a hitch. As we were still a bit shy on instructors, Dean, who scored Rifleman at the last Corona shoot, took pity on us, slapped on an Orange Hat and quickly picked up any needed task within reach. I'm looking forward to working with you again sir!  O0

We had an incredible group of shooters out this weekend. I think that everyone learned quite a bit and saw significant improvement. You all really make it a pleasure to come out!

Couple of quick shout outs...

Mike, Sheree, Jeff and Solange - First and foremost... CONGRATULATIONS MIKE! Great job on scoring rifleman. I see an Orange Hat in your future after your next Appleseed! All of you were a lot of fun to work with down at the end of the line... even with all the rule-breaking and weird rifles (I kid... I kid...  ;D). Seriously though, your positive attitudes and diligence were very much noticed and appreciated by this guy.

The Messners - The four of you (yup... even you Dan) added a lot of enjoyment to the day. Let's get some sling-swivels and sights on those rifles and get everyone back on the line again. I'm really hoping to see all of you back at an Appleseed soon!

Arianna and Easton - Keep at it! Both of you have the heart of Riflemen. Keep practicing the things you learned over the weekend and you can expect to see great improvement!

Alex and Crystal - Another huge CONGRATULATIONS is due to Alex who not only scored his Rifleman, but TOOK AN ORANGE HAT! HUZZAH!  ^:)^ This next one is yours for the taking Crystal! Just keep doing your thing and it'll come... especially now that you have a built-in IIT!

Del, AC and JB - You guys are RIGHT THERE! Keep working and remember that a rifleman persists! I look forward to seeing you at another AS weekend soon.

Make sure you check out the pictures below. Also, if you have a chance, check out and "like" our Facebook pages. "Project Appleseed - Southern California" and "California Appleseed"

CLICK HERE TO JUMP DOWN TO THE PHOTOS
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

McNasty

Thanks Johnnyappleseed, Francis and the gang....

Crystal and I had an amazing weekend. Looking forward to seeing you guys out there again. Next time I'll be wearing the Orange hat and Crystal will be trying for the purple patch - pretty close with 190  O0!!

Best,
Alex

Foppish Dandy

PHOTOS!

Day 1 - Part 1

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

Foppish Dandy

Day 1 - Part 2

Foppish Dandy

Day 2 - Part 1

Sypher

Great event. Sheree and I really appreciated the awesome guidance and the helpfulness of all the instructors. I definitely want to practice what I learned, become better, and share with others. Stay in touch! I would love to get more involved. I left the event excited about contributing in the near future and making new friends. I hope others feel the same. Congrats on your rifleman Alex! I need to do some drilling on my stock so that Francis doesn't have to craft me a makeshift sling swivel hahaha. Thanks again to all the instructors for a wonderful weekend!

Mike Razzouk

Foppish Dandy

Day 2 - Part 2

Foppish Dandy

Day 2 - Part 3

Foppish Dandy

Quote from: Sypher on April 17, 2012, 12:15:40 AM
Great event. Sheree and I really appreciated the awesome guidance and the helpfulness of all the instructors. I definitely want to practice what I learned, become better, and share with others. Stay in touch! I would love to get more involved. I left the event excited about contributing in the near future and making new friends. I hope others feel the same. Congrats on your rifleman Alex! I need to do some drilling on my stock so that Francis doesn't have to craft me a makeshift sling swivel hahaha. Thanks again to all the instructors for a wonderful weekend!

Mike Razzouk

Mike... So great to have you guys out for the weekend. Make sure you let me know when you're planning on coming out again! ... and YES! Get some sling swivels on that sucker! ~~:)

gonejohnny

Congratulations to California's newest RIFLEMEN!!!   O0

Alex & Dean - Thank you for picking up your Orange Hats! Now Crystal has her very own in-house instruction! We'll be expecting great things from this combination!  ~~:)

- GoneJohnny

ejhc11

Thanks to all Appleseed volunteers - Francis, Cindy, Sam, Biscuit and others I forgot your names.  This was my first Appleseed and it was a great event even though I could only attend one day.  I brought my cousin this time and he's looking forward also the next time and we are all looking to get more people to come.

I learned a lot and its already going to help me shoot a lot better and with more practice hopefully that Rifleman patch down the road.  Our rifle scopes were setup with bench shooting eye relief and I noticed especially in the sitting position the scopes were too close.  These will be modified for the next time and I also learned how far out of shape I was in...!!!  To be a better shooter I'm working to be in better shape too! Planning on doing bicycling three times a week now.

Its a real good program and I will be back soon, as a matter of fact I working on picking up a Savage MKII F 22LR rifle today!  Recommend it to everyone....!  Thanks!

dbur

I earned my rifleman at the feb appleseed in corona and this was to be my follow up session to join the orange hats. I was unexpectedly accelerated into the program.  I had a great time working with everyone. Thank you for the warm welcome into the team.  FD made a really interesting comment about the satisfaction of not only shooting the score, but also  watching and helping others improve and achieve it as well.  It really is amazing how the basic instruction can take someone that has either shot for a lifetime or never shot at all and over the coarse of a weekend or two make them a consistently accurate shooter.  And even more importantly, give them a flavor of the challenges and sacrifices the founders of our country went through to give us a chance at living as free people, and of course do it in a fun way.
Congratulations to the new rifleman, and congratulations to those that continue to improve and persist along the path.
Remember to tell a friend about the program, and to help get the word out to the schools and your kids friends. This part of our countries history has all but vanished from our school curriculums, and we all know those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

stackstastic

Hey guys,
Thank you all again for a fantastic weekend and amazing instruction!  I took some pictures I thought I'd share :)
See you all VERY soon! 
Crystal

Francis Marion

A group of Americans gathered in Corona this past April to practice and celebrate Freedom. 

Families, couples, individuals, friends; more than forty people. 

We agreed as a group to respect one another, to allow persons a chance to speak and to listen, and to do our best to sharpen up rifle skill.

Said another way, it was your typical weekend of experiences and choices that free people might share or make. 

Range constraints split the shooters on Saturday into two separate ranges; student volunteers and instructors set up the lines. 

"What can I do?" and  "What needs to be done?"  were often spoken. 

Shooters were seasoned appleseeders, and brand new people too.  All learned and practiced fundamental skills. 

FD stirred the American Revolution in many hearts during lunch, retelling the old, grand stories of  brave men and women who stood for Freedom- for us- generations ago in New England.  They deserve thanks.  And help.

Day two and we're all on one range.  Shooters persistently applied and practiced their skill.   In this manner, Riflemen stood out. 

Rifleman Alex and Rifleman Michael- Congratulations to you each.  If Isaac Davis could have seen you guys at work, he would have asked you to show him what you were doing to get those results.  And just think- any student on our line could have caught him up, just as they were...

I am very proud of our team of shooters and instructors for sticking with it and for making this event happen.   

Thank you to the Americans who stood out from this group to answer the calling of Instructor.  Your willingness to work- to be 'the guy' for your community- is your own badge of honor which you may earn but not purchase.  You will do well, because you are Americans, among many other reasons.  Welcome. 

I seem to remember showing up to shoot years ago but winding up with a sleek orange hat later... With you, with us, we're able to make these events possible and offer Liberty her due by our modest work. 

Blessings of Liberty, friends.

-FM