News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

FENTON, MI APRIL 21-22

Started by Swamp Thing, April 22, 2012, 11:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamp Thing

Time to get this report started. I will add to this once the truck gets unloaded and I get some sleep.

Some quick high points of this memorable weekend...

Joining approximately 1300 shooters from sea to shining sea for a memorial volley honoring some of the first of those who had paid in full for our freedom. My math says 16,900 rounds down range in one synchronized volley. A day to remember indeed!

A father, son, and son team who came back to see us again. Dad Mark requalified as a rifleman, son Mark II requalified as a rifleman, and youngest son Connor joined the ranks with a 210! Oh, did I mention that Conner turned 10 just 6 days ago! Possibly the youngest shooter to prove that he knows well what he is about in Appleseed history? Congrats and huzzah!

Dave, Dale, and Jason also showed us what they were made of. Great job guys!

A new Orange hat! Welcome aboard D.O.M. A welcome addition to the Michigan cadre.

A new Blue hat! Softseller, you knew it was only a matter of time. Thank you for all of your hard work. Now it's official.

Chime in everybody! This is only the beginning.

:pics:

ST

ITB

Didn't get many pictures, but I'll post the few I have. 

What a great weekend - lots of great attitudes, wind blowing all over the place, new hats being passed out, and a bunch of great Americans coming out and honoring the sacrifices made on April 19, 1775.

Thanks to D.O.M. for stepping up to take the Orange Hat.  I'm looking forward to working with you.

Congrats to Swamp Thing for becoming a Shoot Boss.  Another eagle has left the nest...You've earned it, brother.

Hope to hear from some of our shooters.  On with a few pics....

Caption this photo...My two choices are, "Hold my beer, I want to try something" or "What could possibly go wrong?"

Connor getting baptized

Swampy monologuing for the group..... >:D

Swampy in his shiny new Green Hat with Mark2 and his Rifleman score.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Hammer Forged

Tinnitus?    No, its Liberty calling!

"Those who HAMMER their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Miki

WOW! I know I say that every time...but it's true every time. This was an amazing weekend spent celebrating our American heritage with the best folks around.

We had new shooters, we had experienced shooters. We had men, we had women (with ARs!) and we had kids, all with teachable attitudes. It was my pleasure to meet and work with you all.

If you all had half the fun I did, I call this shoot a huge success!

D.O.M.

Here's a few of a certain young marksman...

I hope I did the pics right...
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Caliper

Wow, that was a great weekend!  My first Appleseed away from Lapeer and what an experience!  Centerfire rifles on the line and being truly outdoors all weekend was an experience in itself only made better by having a line of great marksmen (and women) to share it with! 

Jonesy

A great weekend with typical Michigan weather...absolutley beautiful, but cold and windy! A great group of shooters, everyone was soaking up the instruction and putting it to good use. I've been telling everyone about the 2 women who arrived and uncased matching 5-day old LMT AR-15s! :bow:

Love the pics of that orange hat we decimated...there looks to be a good amount of .30 cal holes in that thing, eh Caliper?

My son Ethan loved every minute...I kept asking him if he wanted to take a break..."No way Dad!" If only I could him to that fired up about his homework ::) O0

Swamp Thing

Softseller has captured the magic of this remarkable Patriots Day shoot.

His pics are up for viewing here.

http://www.shootsweets.com/uploads/Appleseed/Fenton_Apr_2012/content/index.html

He's even one upped himself with a video of the memorial volley.

http://www.shootsweets.com/uploads/Appleseed/Fenton_Apr_2012/Salute.MOV

Thank you Softseller for preserving this memorable event!  ^:)^

ST