News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Guilford, CT; AAR: 21/22 Apr 2012

Started by Jay Haich, April 23, 2012, 12:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Haich

Just a quick note to start the ball rolling....

Thanks to all who attended this weekend. Very much a family affair. The line consisted of 3 families and they were there both days.

This was the first time I read the names of those Colonists who were killed on 19 April - it added meaning to the Volley for Liberty.

A special thanks to the Shooters that gritted it out in the rain today. The target line fell apart at times (water logged cardboard) but you remained strong and that was very rewarding to me as an instructor.

Although they were cold and wet the Shooters gave a BIG Thumbs up  O0 when asked if they had a good time!!!

Please comment and add your own photos.

Day 1 Instruction: CJ Teaching and LymiSeede demonstrating

How to use a "brolly" 101.... that is British for "Umbrella"

History and Heritage

How to accessorize a "brolly" 101: Add the "wellies"...that's British for "muck" boots...

What EVERY family in America should be doing on a Sunday afternoon!

Are we Happy we got all the shots in  ^:)^?

First time Seeder... nice clover leaf patterns from a sandbag on 300 and 400...100 was shot standing & 200 sitting. OH and did we mention the RAIN!

Can you say "Tide XTRA strength" stain remover?

Be Safe
JH
If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Fred; Quoted (out of context) at an IBC on Battle Road 2011 "All it takes is a Red Hat and a Sharpie to run an Appleseed."
We ALL know this is not true and I would like to thank all the Hats, Admin and other volunteers that are involved in making an Appleseed Shoot happen.....

riprat

James

Congrats on making Shoot Boss.  We all had a great time and Meghan was asking on the way home if we can go again.  Don't tell her she and I are registered for Sept already.

Again Congrats and you all did a great job.  I especially appreciate all the time you and your instructors spent with Cathy and Meghan

Thanks
Ray

The Log

HUZZAH!!
HUZZAH!!
HUZZAH!!

Jay Haich is now a Shoot Boss! Nicely done, brother!

Sounds like a great shoot. It's almost like I could hear your shots all day.

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

CortJestir

A very nice and rainy Appleseed this was at the New Haven Sportsman's Club. I must admit that the tenacity of our students was quite impressive, despite mother nature's attempt to drown us out Sunday afternoon. I heard not one complaint about the rain and both Sam and Colt (yes, as in Sam Colt), two of our youth shooters, quickly proved to be among the most tenacious. It was a true pleasure sharing the important stories and lessons of our past with all of you this weekend.

And yes, Jay Haich ran a very impressive shoot as Shoot Boss-In-Training at the event. Congrats on donning the Green-now-Red Hat!

Some photos courtesy of LymiSeede and yours truly...

Our Guardian for the Weekend

CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

sgtrock

Congratulations James on the Green Hat,  I hope to work with you again.

sgtrock

Jay Haich

Thanks Steve,

It would be nice to see Zero-Five-One-One again.....

Stay Safe
JH

Quote from: sgtrock on April 24, 2012, 12:12:56 AM
Congratulations James on the Green Hat,  I hope to work with you again.

sgtrock
If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Fred; Quoted (out of context) at an IBC on Battle Road 2011 "All it takes is a Red Hat and a Sharpie to run an Appleseed."
We ALL know this is not true and I would like to thank all the Hats, Admin and other volunteers that are involved in making an Appleseed Shoot happen.....

sgtrock

tncolonel

Greetings from Tennessee from a Guilford native (Guilford High Class of 1962) with family roots before the Revolution (one of my ancestors signed the Guilford & New Haven charters)

Congratulations on a good clinic and to Jay Haich on becoming a Shoot Boss.

Take a look at our AAR from Manchester, TN   -  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=29067.0

Thanks for all the work you are doing.

Best Regards

Claude Morse (USAF Retired)  --  TNColonel
Tennessee State Coordinator