News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman, IL April 21-22, 2012 AAR

Started by Wurstmacher, April 22, 2012, 11:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wurstmacher

I just got home from a very fine Appleseed weekend at the Aurora Sportsman's Club near Waterman, IL.  This was my first time back to this venue since the Waterman 300 a couple years ago.  This was our first time to be on the 50 yd. range, and I liked it.  Parking is close, porta-potty is close, a local restaurant sends someone out at 9 a.m. to take lunch orders for any one that wanted it.  Fine indeed.

Congratulation to Brian and Scott, our two rifleman for the weekend.  Others proved to be deadly on squares, but when faced with three positions, time limits, mag swaps, transitional calisthenics and two-cheek sneaks, they just couldn't put it all together this time.  One gentleman would have liked to have cut and pasted the first three stages from one AQT onto the fourth stage of another AQT, but all I had was duct tape, and I did not think that would fly.  He'll be back though, having purchased an RWVA membership/ROC. 

Fathers, sons, wives, grandfathers, granddaughters, and buddies all had a good time.

Thank you to all of you instructors.  Some were Saturday only, some Sunday only, some for the whole weekend.  Uniform Points of Instruction and IBC's sure make for seamless instruction, no matter who is there.  Thank you all again.

Please post your comments and experiences.  I'm not sure that there will be many pictures, as the Club doesn't "allow" pictures.  I did notice a few people were using their cell phones, must have been on speakerphone, why else would they be holding them out in front of their faces. ;)

2 clicks low

What a great day. I was Sunday only, but the sun was shining and the wind was blowing and the rifleman were shooting. What more could you want?

Thanks Chuck, you always run a great shoot.

Thanks to the shooters, you are the reason we do this.

Sorry didn't know about the no camera rule or how these got on my phone. I will promptly delete them.

Hmmm. Thought I deleted these. Where did I put that manual.....
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

BrownBessEd

Congratulations to those newly forged RIFLEMEN!!  Well Done!  I hope you take the orange hat & join us.

Thanks to Wurstmacher for driving up and running a smooth shoot.

Great weather & a full line of shooters makes for a great day!

2CL...thanks for the images.

-Ed