News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Random Lake School April 17 2012 LibrarySeed

Started by dragonfly, April 17, 2012, 09:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

A big thanks to the Random Lake PTA and thanks to the Random Lake School for hosting this LibrarySeed. 165 6th and 7th graders who listened with great curiosity and gave us their undivided attention.
Thanks to reckless Rick and Wife Alex for putting this together.

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

Some more pictures

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

and more pics

K.I.S.S.

TruTenacity

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Trisha

I loved doing this and I hope to get a chance to talk in front of that many kids again! Thank you Rick and Alex for getting this all put together. You all rocked it up there!  O0

Patriot Gal

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

yellowhousejake

Can you get the school to provide a letter of recommendation for the event? I am just following up with a History professor from the University of the Cumberland who heard our strikes at Williamsburg Ky. The letter he sent to Unbridled_Liberty was very good, and I suspect will be useful breaking into some venues.

A letter from a school would be very helpful for future Libraryseeds. I plan to ask the teacher who will be hearing Mac's presentation in LaPorte IN tomorrow for one.

Great job!

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Old Glory!

You all ROCK! 

Is there anything you would do differently?  Are there any parts of it that worked really well?  What can we all learn from telling the 3 strikes to our youth?

What did you do in the way of handouts for students/teachers?

Nice work Rick - How did you DO that?!?!

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

colycat

This was pretty easy to do.  I think having  the 4 of us tell the story, made the hr or so, go by very quickly for the students.  Considering these were 6 and 7th graders, there was very little fidgeting and good TPI from  most of the kids.

We handed out the NRA magazine to the teachers and the oval stickers were a bit hit with the kids.

I am packing now to reach 4 pre-regs for this weekend.  2+ hr drive, a hotel stay over night and a target line to bring and set up.  Tuesday we reached 165 in one afternoon.  Like I said it was easy and very worth doing.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Reckless Rick

I think the key is to have creditable person that's tied into the school to promote Appleseed . Most schools would love to have guest speakers come in.

I will work on getting a reference from the school for Appleseed and yellow house jake

You gotta hit the age group your speaking to and I'm working on getting some feedback soon

Look,Listen and support...not always the easiest

Trisha

Quote from: Reckless Rick on April 24, 2012, 10:45:18 PM

You gotta hit the age group your speaking to and I'm working on getting some feedback soon

I definitely would like to know what the teachers and students thought. I have also been thinking about how we could involve the students more, such as them getting up and sorta acting it out...Idk but I do know I want to do this again.

Reckless Rick

Just got a letter of recommendation from the school and will forward to Trisha and yellowhouse Jake.Random Lake schools would like to have our presentation annually and I'm in the process of getting some dates for next year.The ultimate compliment

Reckless Rick

Ok I have no idea how to pm attachments so here is the letter from the school

Reckless Rick

Got some press in the June 28th 2012 sounder here in Random Lake Wi.

There was 3 other RWVA members there.....I was lucky enough to get my good side on Page 13 of the Sounder