News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Glen Helen, CA - June 23-24, 2012 AAR

Started by RangeRat, June 25, 2012, 09:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RangeRat

ronjmurray

My Son (10) Parker and I came out not knowing exactly what to expect.  Not only did we have a great time shooting, learned alot of technique, humbled that i didn't know much about taking the shot, but couldn't have had a better group of instructors. 

I shouldn't call them instructors, but should say we made some great new friends.  Dan, Bobbi, Zach, and Rick were informative, patient, fun, and especially great with my son.  I can't imagine another group being as great as the crew we had at Glen Helen this weekend.

I do hope I am wrong, and the next crew is just as great.  I wasn't even close to making the AQT score, so I plan on persisting until I do.  I also plan on getting the wife and my 9 year old son out as soon as I can.  I was worried that it would be over his head, but Dan and  crew showed me that he would be able to do just fine in this setting.  One of my biggest mistakes was not being able to give up being dad while shooting, and not leaving Parker in Dan and Rick's capable hands.  (well, that and continually shooting at parker's target after talking with him on his problems, or checking to see how he was doing during mag changes.  ) LOL

Thanks again to Dan, Bobbi, Zach, and Rick for a great time, and wonderful learning experience for both of us. 

Ron