News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bruce willis

Started by Johnnyappleseed, April 03, 2012, 02:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyappleseed

Recently this guy (my avatar) was commented on ,unfavorably ,sort of ,then maybe not . :D
Does anyone have any info on whether he is pro 2A or not . any info on this Hollwood type guy would be considered and maybe even appreciated.

you reading this wisconsin ? :wall:
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

ItsanSKS

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Prone to Knit

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000246/bio

Under Trivia, you'll find several references as to his political beliefs.

Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

Roland

I all I know is that he has kept John McClane's screen-used Berettas for his personal use.

Although, in that IMDB link, is a quote: "If you take guns away from legal gun owners then the only people who would have guns would be the bad guys. Even a pacifist would get violent if someone were trying to kill him or her. You would fight for your life, whatever your beliefs. You'd use a rock or tear one of these chairs out of the floor. Hey, maybe I've been watching too many Bruce Willis movies!"

Usually, I think IMDB is reasonably accurate about this kind of thing. Actually, that's a pretty decent quote...

Johnnyappleseed, which movie is that from?
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Foppish Dandy

Quote from: Roland on April 03, 2012, 11:40:51 AM

99% sure it's from The Whole Nine Yards...
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

jrturbo

JA.... what do you mean by "are you reading this wisconsin?"  I don't keep track of the news or what entertainers say or is said about them.  Sooooo.  I'm kind of lost here.  (I live in WI by-the-way)

T
Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: jrturbo on April 03, 2012, 04:54:46 PM
JA.... what do you mean by "are you reading this wisconsin?"  I don't keep track of the news or what entertainers say or is said about them.  Sooooo.  I'm kind of lost here.  (I live in WI by-the-way)

T
Good you live in Wisconsin O0---I may need you to straighten out a few in your fine state  ;)
They are TEASING ME about Bruce Willis  ,cause of my avavar :-[
Im still checking all the available evidence and will issue a scathing statement soon  **) **) **) **)
I welcome your comments on Mr Willis too  ;D ;D ;D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: Foppish Dandy on April 03, 2012, 03:16:20 PM
Quote from: Roland on April 03, 2012, 11:40:51 AM

99% sure it's from The Whole Nine Yards...
FD --thanx , I took the avavtar cause it was available on the forum.
I bet it is from the whole 9 yards . Thanx for your clarificaion O0
For those many teasing me -- the whole 9 yards is a gun term  **) **) **)
How could he be anti gun with a movie like that ----laughingggggggggggg
Calvin Coolidge

AFTERMATH

I don't think you even need to address the actor's point of view in your contest.
After all, your avatar is a clip from a movie and depicts a certain character.
So the essence of the argument should be whether or not the depicted character is pro-2a.
If both the character and the actor have the same views - well that's a bonus.
O0
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Sly223

Your Avitar is cool "nuff said"! :~ :--- ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Justin

"Le médiocrité est l'ennemi de la parfaite." -

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed
http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Appleseed/203137793037851

Johnnyappleseed

many thanx to all who posted and added links etc .

Appleseed is an extended family and all your comments added to that feeling of closeness and fraternity  ;)

special thanx to the wisconsin boys who started this with good natured teasing  ;D
I have had lots of light hearted laughs over this thread and topic .
Fondly ,
JA
Calvin Coolidge

dart67eb

And you think YOU have a strange avatar?
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Charles McKinley

Dart, yours is my favorite avatar on the forum.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

dart67eb

Quote from: Stand on April 04, 2012, 11:56:01 PM

Beats the heck out of a picture of me.

jrturbo

JA
No.... no one would be teasing you, Not from WI, they must be serious,  we don't joke around up here.... too cold. :cool2:

They must be engaging you in some "sensitivity training" That is being so rough on you that you aren't sensitive to anything.   **)

As far as comments on Mr. Willis.... sorry but I don't even know the man.  I do know Gy. Sgt. Ermey though and I am positive that he is pro 2A.  But I am not going to put up an avatar of that guy!!!  Wouldn't be enough room for his eyebrows.... just sayin'
Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

Roland

Quote from: dart67eb on April 05, 2012, 12:30:41 AM

Haha, I just watched Terminator: SCC, so now I understand it.
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: jrturbo on April 05, 2012, 09:31:17 AM
JA
No.... no one would be teasing you, Not from WI, they must be serious,  we don't joke around up here.... too cold. :cool2:

They must be engaging you in some "sensitivity training" That is being so rough on you that you aren't sensitive to anything.   **)

As far as comments on Mr. Willis.... sorry but I don't even know the man.  I do know Gy. Sgt. Ermey though and I am positive that he is pro 2A.  But I am not going to put up an avatar of that guy!!!  Wouldn't be enough room for his eyebrows.... just sayin'

I think your on to something , sort of like making us cal beach bum types tough for the road ahead to liberty . I  will make it kicking and screaming thanx to the efforts of a few 'badgers"

As one fine AS said Yippi ky yi  so far .
Calvin Coolidge

aragornelessar86

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on April 05, 2012, 11:55:27 AM
I think your on to something , sort of like making us cal beach bum types tough for the road ahead to liberty . I  will make it kicking and screaming thanx to the efforts of a few 'badgers"

As one fine AS said Yippi ky yi  so far .
Haha, don't underestimate us beach bummers. The laid back nonchalance is just a ruse.
QuoteWish I was rich instead of so damn good looking
QuoteThose who would trade liberty for a little security deserve neither liberty nor security

dart67eb

That was the only scripted show I would actually try to watch.  Too bad it was cancelled.

Quote from: Roland on April 05, 2012, 11:42:59 AM
Quote from: dart67eb on April 05, 2012, 12:30:41 AM

Haha, I just watched Terminator: SCC, so now I understand it.

Roland

Try Dollhouse. Some similarities. But it also got canceled. But at least they gave Joss a season to wrap it up this time.

GasMask

He is pro-awsome!!!!
http://edsfiles.us/article/girlswithguns.pdf

A few pages down is his quote.... :pop:

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: dart67eb on April 04, 2012, 11:39:36 PM
Dart ,the old one was fine although a few have been disappoined by your change in appearance from the pic  ^:)^
Calvin Coolidge

dart67eb

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on May 11, 2012, 12:17:01 AM
Quote from: dart67eb on April 04, 2012, 11:39:36 PM
Dart ,the old one was fine although a few have been disappoined by your change in appearance from the pic  ^:)^

i just don't get the disappointment! #)

Johnnyappleseed

hahahaha too cool Dart  O0
Let me think about what avatar suits you  ;D
Calvin Coolidge

Sly223

Bring back terminator Chick.
She's Hot even if your Not! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

SavageShootr

I read JAs posts to see a pic of Bruce.

I wonder how many guys read (past tense) Dart's posts to see Terminator Chick....
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: SavageShootr on May 12, 2012, 01:11:51 AM
I read JAs posts to see a pic of Bruce.

I wonder how many guys read (past tense) Dart's posts to see Terminator Chick....
I will need to get a pic of my RM patch , I heard those things are a "chick magnet " what say you SS? **) **) **)
Calvin Coolidge

SavageShootr

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on May 12, 2012, 02:46:33 AM

I will need to get a pic of my RM patch , I heard those things are a "chick magnet " what say you SS? **) **) **)

I still want to look at Bruce. I can see the RM patch whenever I want, just need to look at my shooting jacket.  :---
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Johnnyappleseed

Dart ,after giving the matter considerable thought and taking a rather informal poll with some  influencial Appleseeders. It was decided ::) ::) ::)

Ditch the rabbit wearing pancakes on it's head and "BRING BACK THE GIRL  **)

This has NOTHING to do with certain lady AS enjoying the pic of Bruce Willis, who we can probably best describe as a semi washed up old coot who NEVER shot RM standards .

Calvin Coolidge