News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 19th Shoot Roll Call

Started by pennys dad, March 21, 2012, 12:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennys dad

Good Morning Everyone
I hope everyone is having a fine morning.

So who has signed up for an April 19th shoot?
I know I havent, but I will be fixing that soon and will find a spot in one of my 3 favorite ranges.

Psych Doc

Signed up for Azusa, hope to see you there!

Robert

pennys dad

I wonder if Ryan is SBing that shoot.  I am going to make my best effort to complete my PC4 (finally I know) that weekend.

Rocket Man

I am indeed.  Robert also expressed his desire to SBIT at that shoot -- if so, please get that squared away with Instructor Scheduling.  See you there!
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

George Hacker

Psych Doc == SBiT?  Huzzah! O0

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Rocket Man

Yup, he asked for it.  Guess he's ready to "eat dirt and sweat bore solvent."   ++)

It'll be a great weekend.
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

Foppish Dandy

:--- I'm signed up for Piru... can't wait!  ^:)^
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

eaglescouter

I use instructor scheduling for this task.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Foppish Dandy

Don't be a buzzkill or anything.  :P (said with a good-natured smirk)
I think the point of this thread was to generate a bit of excitement, start a conversation and to remind others to sign up for the event... not so much to actually find out who's already signed up.

Quote from: eaglescouter on March 21, 2012, 03:20:18 PM

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

pennys dad

Quote from: eaglescouter on March 21, 2012, 03:20:18 PM

:) I know, the Instructor Scheduling folks are very chatty and good natured  :)

SavageShootr

Quote from: pennys dad on March 21, 2012, 03:47:45 PM

:) I know, the Instructor Scheduling folks are very chatty and good natured  :)

Maybe IS will join the conversation.

I am not certain I will be off work that weekend but am doing my level.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

aragornelessar86

QuoteWish I was rich instead of so damn good looking
QuoteThose who would trade liberty for a little security deserve neither liberty nor security

Scott1600

Expect I'll be at Piru, though not signed into IS yet...  :-[
-Scott
"Objects of the most stupendous magnitude, and measure in which the lives and liberties of millions yet unborn are intimately interested, are now before us. We are in the very midst of a revolution the most complete, unexpected and remarkable of any in the history of nations." -John Adams, July 3, 1776.

pennys dad

Bueller Bueller

Hey I just checked the IS list (I just signed up for Azusa)

Is California sleeping?   :)

aragornelessar86

Quote from: pennys dad on March 23, 2012, 03:35:23 PM
Doesn't look like it. CA has 8.6% of all AS events for that weekend, and most of them are fairly well staffed.

According to Wikipedia we make up 4.3% of the nation's land mass and 12.0% of the nation's population, and we're only 2% of the nation's states, so I think we're pulling our weight fairly well. Could we be doing better? Always. Are we sleeping? Definitely not.
QuoteWish I was rich instead of so damn good looking
QuoteThose who would trade liberty for a little security deserve neither liberty nor security

colycat

Looks like Cali will be able to help out some other states that have SB shortages.

Cross pollination is a good thing.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

Quote from: aragornelessar86 on March 23, 2012, 06:57:02 PM
Quote from: pennys dad on March 23, 2012, 03:35:23 PM
Doesn't look like it. CA has 8.6% of all AS events for that weekend, and most of them are fairly well staffed.

According to Wikipedia we make up 4.3% of the nation's land mass and 12.0% of the nation's population, and we're only 2% of the nation's states, so I think we're pulling our weight fairly well. Could we be doing better? Always. Are we sleeping? Definitely not.

California right at the top with Texas right behind  O0

State   2011   2012   Change   Percent of Last Year
     CA       11        8    -3            0.64
     TX        7         3    -4            0.43
     NY        5         3    -2            0.60
     WI        5         6     1            1.20
     IN        5          4    -1            0.80
    OH        3          2    -1            0.67
    NM        3          1    -2            0.33
    CO        3          1    -2            0.33
    FL         3          3     0            1.00
    PA         3          2    -1            0.67
    MN        3          1    -2            0.33
    NH        2          2      0           1.00
    IA         2          1     -1           0.50
    CT         2          2      0           1.00
    IL          2          3      1           1.50
    WV        2          1     -1           0.50
    KY         2          1     -1            0.50
    AZ        2           3      1           1.50
    MO       1           2      1           2.00
    MT        1          1       0           1.00
    MI        1           1       0           1.00
    NJ        1           1       0           1.00
    MA       1           1       0           1.00
    NC       1           1      0            1.00
    GA       1           1       0           1.00
    NV       1           1       0            1.00
    NE       1           1        0           1.00
    WA       1          1        0           1.00
    TN        1          1        0           1.00
    AL        1          1        0            1.00
              77        59      -18   

0.766233766233766   Percent of Last Year
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

kmkahuna

After the Piru Mudfest, I wanted to sign up for April but it was sold out on the website. Rainbow was also sold out, and I was able to get the brood signed up for May, but I'm pretty sure Maria has to work, so she can't make it.
Also, June in Rainbow sold out before I could make my reservation or Max's reservation, but I was able to get Maria and Lily signed up...hoping for a cancellation.
What gives? What's the secret to getting an event?
I live in San Diego AND in Westlake Village, so I'm pree-ty flexible between Piru, Rainbow and Escondido.
Are there that many attendees or is there some reservation thingy I'm unaware of as a Newbie?
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
Samuel Adams, September 1722 -- October, 1803

Foppish Dandy

As of last night, Patriot's Day Weekend at Piru should still have 40 spots open... I did notice that Rainbow was sold out.

kmkahuna

Quote from: Foppish Dandy on March 29, 2012, 04:30:53 PM
As of last night, Patriot's Day Weekend at Piru should still have 40 spots open... I did notice that Rainbow was sold out.
Well, that's Maria's birthday weekend, and looks like a romantic day in the dirt firing at redcoats ain't in the cards for us!  Heh, heh... :)
We'll see you in May!
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
Samuel Adams, September 1722 -- October, 1803