News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Oregon Christian Home Education Conference Promo, June 22-23, 2012

Started by George Hacker, March 20, 2012, 02:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

Status and Task List for:
Oregon Christian Home Education Conference, June 22-23, 2012
Last Updated: June 21, 2012

Event Information

Location:Oregon Convention Center, 777 NE Martin Luther King Blvd, Portland, OR
Date:June 22-23, 2012
Promo Boss:ShadowMan
Promo Team:Prescott, ShadowMan, tionico, Theophilus

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Venue contacted, booth space approved
  • Promo Boss needed
  • Management of booth materials and supplies
  • Booth load-in and set up staffed and scheduled (2:00pm-7:00pm Thursday)
  • Booth staffing for Friday
  • Booth staffing for Saturday
  • Booth tear-down and load out staffed and scheduled(4:30pm-6:00pm Saturday)

Booth Staff Schedule

________FRIDAY_________
_______SATURDAY_______
8:30am-12:00pmPrescott, ShadowMan, tionicoPrescott, ShadowMan, Theophilus, tionico
12:00pm-4:00pmPrescott, ShadowMan, tionicoPrescott, ShadowMan, Theophilus, tionico
4:00pm-7:00pmShadowMan, Theophilus, tionicoteardown: ShadowMan, Theophilus

Event website: http://www.oceanetwork.org/calendar/conference
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Prescott

I can help staff the event on Friday, but will be at EEGC on Saturday.

I will make sure we can staff both events that weekend.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

George Hacker

Quote from: Prescott on March 21, 2012, 02:34:26 PM
I can help staff the event on Friday, but will be at EEGC on Saturday.

I will make sure we can staff both events that weekend.
That will be great, Prescott!  I think this will be a great promotional event for Oregon.

It would be ideal if we can have shooting events this promotional event can feed shooters into.  I'm hoping we can sell out the July and August Redmond, OR shoots and the August Stevenson, WA shoot.  If any range opportunities present themselves, try and get them to schedule shoots in July - October.  We are learning as we go since this kind of promotion is new for us.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

George Hacker

Bueller?  Bueller?  Bueller?

This is a Friday/Saturday event.  We need Appleseed volunteers to make this happen.  This is a HUGE promotional opportunity for Project Appleseed in Oregon.  Please check your calendars and sign up to volunteer sooner than later.

George Hacker

BTT - We still need volunteers for this show.  Even if you have talked with me informally, please reply to this thread and let me know what you would be able to do to help with this event.  It is just around the corner.

- ShadowMan

RL

I think Griff will now be available both days. I had such a great experience at the Washington show that now I want to come to the Oregon show. I have, however, also been encouraged to attend a safety summit on Saturday with SAR. Not really worth coming down for just one day I think...so I'll probably skip the SAR thing.

RL, I put you down for both days.  Thanks for stepping up to help and I look forward to working the show with you.

- ShadowMan
...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people.
John Adams, from the Boston Gazette, February 6, 1775

We live, my dear soul, in an age of trial. What will be the consequence, I know not.
John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 1774.

scuzzy

Have a banner up for y'all on the website as well as an info page:

http://appleseedinfo.org/cheo.html

Sorry didn't get this up sooner. I was just made aware of it a few days ago.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

George Hacker

Quote from: scuzzy on June 17, 2012, 03:02:34 PM

scuzzy,

We are doing a different conference.  The CHEO is for Ohio.  Our event is for OCEANetwork - Oregon Christian Educators Association Network.  Here is the website for the event we will be going to this weekend:

http://www.oceanetwork.org/calendar/conference/

Thanks for trying. :)

- ShadowMan

scuzzy

Quote from: ShadowMan on June 17, 2012, 06:11:32 PM
Quote from: scuzzy on June 17, 2012, 03:02:34 PM

scuzzy,

We are doing a different conference.  The CHEO is for Ohio.  Our event is for OCEANetwork - Oregon Christian Educators Association Network.  Here is the website for the event we will be going to this weekend:

http://www.oceanetwork.org/calendar/conference/

Thanks for trying. :)

- ShadowMan

DOH!!
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Prescott

Shadowman,

As RL pointed out, I will be available to work both days if needed.    I did not sign up EEGC for the June date, as it took to long to work the new arrangements to use their range for AS.   

The hours that the convention is open is much longer than the Washington Homeschool convention we worked last weekend, so I hope we can recruit a couple more instructors to help us out.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

George Hacker

Quote from: Prescott on June 18, 2012, 12:44:37 AM
Shadowman,

As RL pointed out, I will be available to work both days if needed.    I did not sign up EEGC for the June date, as it took to long to work the new arrangements to use their range for AS.   

The hours that the convention is open is much longer than the Washington Homeschool convention we worked last weekend, so I hope we can recruit a couple more instructors to help us out.
I just got done talking with Theophilus and he will be coming in around 4pm on Friday and will work the booth all day Saturday.  Saturday won't be as long since it will go from 8:30 to 4:30 (WHO went from 9:00 to 4:00).  I'll post and see who would be interested, but I think we have a solid crew so far.

I think RL and tionico plan to work the whole event from front to back.  I don't expect them to do set up or tear down since you and I are local and can do that.

- ShadowMan

George Hacker

BTT

Any more SW Washington/NW Oregon folks want to get in on the fun at this event?  Last chance.  I am preparing the booth schedule.

Prescott, Theophilus, and I will be responsible for booth setup on Thursday evening and tear down on Saturday evening.