News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Golden Promo Op.

Started by AFTERMATH, March 17, 2012, 08:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

If you haven't read this; http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27475.msg207604#msg207604
Check it out.

Of particular strategic interest would be the Rochester, MN. showing.
Conveniently enough we have a shoot in Rochester about three weeks later...
That's close enough to keep it relevant - yet long enough for folks to prepare.

All MN locations... 
REG Eagan 16 EAGAN MN 55122
AMC AMC Eden Prairie 18 EDEN PRAIRIE MN 55344
CNK Movies 8 MANKATO MN 56001
REG Brooklyn Center 20 MINNEAPOLIS MN 55430
ODY Hollywood 12 Theatres ROCHESTER MN 55901
KRS Showplace Theatre SAINT LOUIS PARK MN 5541
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Notaeh

Kelli told me a week or so ago that she wanted to go to this...

Puma Mami

I'm going and bringing a couple of friends, and some Appleseed literature  O0  I'm going to hand it out at the end as people are leaving.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Notaeh on March 17, 2012, 08:55:58 PM
Kelli told me a week or so ago that she wanted to go to this...

Let me know if you need some brochures, if I have any left after this weekend; I can get some to you.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

warhog

In Mankato....... then I am there this should be good.
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

Notaeh

Note that you need to buy your tickets in advance.  We got a pair.

Movie :   Monumental: In Search of America's National Treasure
Date :   Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Time :   6:30pm

Quantity:   2 Adult

Where:   AMC Rosedale 14
850 Rosedale Center
Roseville, MN 55113

Puma Mami

I handed out a big stack of trifolds after the movie. I didn't count how many, but I would guess around 150-175. Everyone filing out of that theater who would take one, got one O0  I just said, "This is a different American heritage program you may be interested in," and to questions, "We tell the story of Lexington and Concord, the first day of the American Revolution," or "We focus on American Revolution history." A few people said they had heard of Appleseed before.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

dronning

I am really bummed I missed this.  Will it have a second showing?

Puma Mami

Quote from: dronning on March 27, 2012, 11:28:17 PM
I am really bummed I missed this.  Will it have a second showing?
It's going to be available in a few theaters starting this weekend, but not in Minnesota. You can go to the Monumental Movie web site and put your email into the "demand the movie" feature to help make that happen.

The movie is also going to be available on DVD soon with study guides and things. There is an email sign-up in the "resources" section of the web site to be notified when those become available. Here is the site: http://www.monumentalmovie.com/. They are also on Facebook under "Monumental Movie."

Two Wolves

I really thought there would be more replies on this post. I along with two other instructors and family went to see this movie last night. The message, IMO, was right on. After the show let out, I had a small supply of trifolds with me and the patrons quickly snapped them up.  ^:)^ I'm looking forward to seeing this again. There were lots of parallels with what we talk about in Appleseed. Mainly liberty. I'd give this a big  O0

My America, my Appleseed, my mission ~ Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

AFTERMATH

I guess Tues. evening isn't a good time for movie night.  Add to that the limited release.  For MN at least, half of our instructors were over an hour away from the location(s).

But it sounds as though the presence we did have was great!

Thank you folks!