News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 19th SoCal Events

Started by Foppish Dandy, February 27, 2012, 06:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foppish Dandy

Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

Rocket Man

What are you doing with Sam's avatar?   ;D

There's a bunch of them.  I'll be at Azusa on April 21-22.  The others include Corona (Apr 14-15), Bakersfield, Piru, and Rainbow (all Apr 21-22).  Lots in Central and Nor Cal too.

We always do some special stuff on Patriot's Day Weekend, so be sure to spread the word.
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

Foppish Dandy

Haha! I decided to swap out the name for an old stand-by that I haven't used for a while. :)

Ah... I was actually hoping that something would be going on the actual day of April 19th. Looks like I'll be spending some time at the indoor range w/ a stack of handouts.
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

SoulMan

There may be an opportunity for someone to do a Library Seed sometime between April 16-19 in NorCal. During that time Jenness Park Christian Camp in Northern California is having a homeschool family camp focused on learning the faith of our founding fathers and the courage it took to sign the Declaration of Independance.  This is one of many great target audiences for Appleseed.

http://www.jennesspark.com/program_camps/home_school_family_camp.php

Unfortunately, I cannot make it to that one because of military obligations. Please send me a PM if you are interested.
The 1st and 2nd Amendments capture the spirit of the Constitution; the 9th and 10th, its soul.