News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Possible new range in Marshfield area... need guidance

Started by tittiger, February 08, 2012, 06:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tittiger

Before anyone shoots this one down. The range is right off of US 44 just a few short miles east of Springfield and offers the potential to have a range close to a population center.

I belonged to this range and and only drawback that I see now is that they only have 200 yards, so far.

I got contacted by Vice President/Rangemaster - Dennis Correll of the Marshfield Shooting club
http://www.marshfieldshootingclubinc.com/   and they are very interested in looking at holding an Appleseed. I think we could get some converts also by comping in the board of directors into one of the Osage Beach shoots or even just getting them up there to look around.

Anyhow Dennis would like to know who in Apppleseed to contact for more information. I told him what I could of the requirements and program but he needs a  few more specifics.

If anyone of you Red Hats  want to volunteer to talk to this gentleman let me know and I will have him call you.
(He wants to make the call for whatever reason.)

Thanks.
Joe 239-297-4189
"It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country from its government."
~ Thomas Paine

George Hacker

tittiger,

Have you checked out the following page?

http://appleseedinfo.org/host_appleseed.html

You may want to let the club officer look it over as well.  I'd talk with your state coordinator and you may be the boots on the ground that works with the range to get them signed up.

Best wishes,

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

TruTenacity

Presently, Missouri doesn't have a SC.  You should contact the Regional Coordinator, Patriot Gal.

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

tittiger

"It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country from its government."
~ Thomas Paine

Patriot Gal

Thanks all.  Tittiger and I have spoken.  It would be good if one of you "older" IITs/RH/GH could team up with tittiger and go check out the range.  It's always better for a couple of people to check it out.  However, since tittiger is a member there, I would gather it's a good place. 

The concern over just 200yds doesn't bother me.  We train at 25meters/yds and can show the students that they can take those skills out to 100-200yds would be great!

Thanks tittiger.

If I didn't send you a host application, let me know and I will.
Patriot Gal

Quote from: tittiger on February 08, 2012, 11:40:24 PM
Thanks much all :-)
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan