News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Midland, TX Appleseed Dates

Started by wcmartin1, February 03, 2012, 10:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcmartin1

Approved 2012 Appleseed dates for Midland, TX:

June 9-10

November 10-11

Here's a link to the EIP - http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27828.0

Git-R-Done!  :---

Edited to correct dates in June and link the new EIP.

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Reddot

Thanks Bill,
I'm penciling both of these in on my calendar; I think I can twist Scuzzy's arm into coming as well O0
Give my best to John.
Chuck

wcmartin1

Sounds good, Chuck.  Look forward to seeing y'all again.
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Reddot

I'm hoping to get up there a few days early and partake of your excellent facilities.  I think I've told you before, Midland's the nicest range I've been on other than Camp Perry, you've got quite the place!  O0

scuzzy

Quote from: Reddot on February 06, 2012, 04:12:30 PM
Thanks Bill,
I'm penciling both of these in on my calendar; I think I can twist Scuzzy's arm into coming as well O0
Give my best to John.
Chuck

It won't take much twisting. I'd like to get back out there to Midland and see Bill and John.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

wcmartin1

Quote from: scuzzy on February 06, 2012, 08:57:07 PM
Quote from: Reddot on February 06, 2012, 04:12:30 PM
Thanks Bill,
Give my best to John.
Chuck

It won't take much twisting. I'd like to get back out there to Midland and see Bill and John.

Y'all are welcome anytime.

Reddot

Thanks Bill,
Please let us know when the leadership locks down these dates; I'll start working the time off with the boss ;)

wcmartin1

Dates have been approved by the Midland Shooters Association board.

Y'all get us on the schedule.

Flyer attached.

Hads Dad

Sweet. I'm hoping to come back to the Appleseed this year. Maybe I can trade in my frying pan.  What are the odds of getting an RBC in Midland?

wcmartin1

Quote from: Hads Dad on February 15, 2012, 01:57:27 PM
What are the odds of getting an RBC in Midland?

There was some discussion about this, and we certainly could accommodate one, but it's not going to happen this year.

Hads Dad

Quote from: wcmartin1 on February 15, 2012, 06:56:24 PM
Quote from: Hads Dad on February 15, 2012, 01:57:27 PM
What are the odds of getting an RBC in Midland?

There was some discussion about this, and we certainly could accommodate one, but it's not going to happen this year.

Sorry to hijack, are they going to have one in Davilla this year? I didn't see one on the schedule yet.

Scout

Not sure Had, working on this. I will make sure you guys know if we do. Thanks

Scout
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

wcmartin1

OK, y'all, it's official - WE'RE ON THE SCHEDULE!

GET SOME!  :---

wcmartin1

OK, Texas - we're about a month out from this one - http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27828.0

Several talented Instructors scheduled. 

Y'all come fill the line.

scuzzy

Hey Bill,

Me and Chuck will be out for this shoot. We're hoping to get there a day early so we can do some shooting on that fine range you guys have out there.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

scuzzy

wcmartin1

Shot a HP match across the course (200, 300, & 600 yards) with my M14 in Pecos today and won the match - DID ANYONE EVER TELL YOU THAT THE SAME SKILLS LEARNED AT AN APPLESEED MARKSMANSHIP CLINIC APPLY AT THE FULL DISTANCE?

The first Midland Appleseed event for 2012 is about three weeks out.  Y'all take advantage of the extraordinary marksmanship training and exceptional history as taught by some of the best instructors I have had the privilege to work with in about six years of being involved with this program.

scuzzy

Quote from: wcmartin1 on May 19, 2012, 11:20:23 PM
Shot a HP match across the course (200, 300, & 600 yards) with my M14 in Pecos today and won the match - DID ANYONE EVER TELL YOU THAT THE SAME SKILLS LEARNED AT AN APPLESEED MARKSMANSHIP CLINIC APPLY AT THE FULL DISTANCE?

The first Midland Appleseed event for 2012 is about three weeks out.  Y'all take advantage of the extraordinary marksmanship training and exceptional history as taught by some of the best instructors I have had the privilege to work with in about six years of being involved with this program.

Congrats on the win Bill. Just 3 more weeks! See ya then.

George Hacker

Huzzah!  Huzzah!  Huzzah! ^:)^

Well done, wcmartin1! O0

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

wcmartin1

Quote from: ShadowMan on May 20, 2012, 01:10:51 PM
Huzzah!  Huzzah!  Huzzah! ^:)^

Well done, wcmartin1! O0

ShadowMan

No Huzzahs necessary, but thanks anyway, ShadowMan.

The point is the fundamentals taught at an Appleseed Marksmanship and Heritage Clinic work if applied.

GET THEE TO AN APPLESEED - Midland would be an excellent place to start!  :cool2:

wcmartin1

Quote from: scuzzy on May 20, 2012, 12:56:59 PM
Congrats on the win Bill. Just 3 more weeks! See ya then.

See you soon, brother!

Thanks for the help.

wcmartin1

wcmartin1

One week away, y'all.

Don't miss out - sign up today.

wcmartin1

Just a few days away - y'all come join us!  :---

scuzzy

Quote from: wcmartin1 on June 05, 2012, 09:57:40 PM
Just a few days away - y'all come join us!  :---

Will be there. Me and Chuck will be there Thursday evening so we can have a full day of shooting on Friday. I dang sure can use the practice. Last AQT I shot was a 200! Didn't help with doublefeed on state 2 but that's just making excuses. Did get 86 on stage 4 but that didn't pull my rear out of the dirt. So yeah, I need a day at the range.

Hope to see you Friday out at the range too.

wcmartin1

wcmartin1

Online pre-registration has ended, but don't worry... you can still pay at the range in the morning and shoot all day.  O0

Don't miss out on this opportunity.  Take advantage of the excellent marksmanship instruction, detailed historical stories told in a way that you've probably never heard before, and honor the sacrifices for liberty made on our behalf.

See how you can become part of the solution going forward.

Directions to the Midland Shooters Association Rifle/Pistol Range here - http://www.midlandshooters.com/rangelocations.php

Hope to see YOU there!

wcmartin1

OK, Texas,

We're about a month away from the second event in Midland this year - November 10-11, 2012.

Y'all come join us for a great event at a world-class range.

wcmartin1

Two weeks out, y'all.

Great range and excellent Instructors.

Get Some!  :---

scuzzy

Quote from: wcmartin1 on October 25, 2012, 10:36:21 PM
Two weeks out, y'all.

Great range and excellent Instructors.

Get Some!  :---

Sounds pretty dang good to me. I think I'm gonna check this one out. Now if I can talk Reddot in to going a day early so we can pop off a few rounds then it would be perfect.

wcmartin1