News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC?

Started by 9mm4545, January 14, 2012, 03:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

We have a number of relatively new Orange Hats in the state and it seems to me that it is about time for an IBC. PHenry has agreed to run it and we might even have a venue not too far from Gainesville. The question is: who is up for an IBC? All it would take is one weekend of your time devoted to becoming the most effective instructor you can be. Anyone?
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

theri

Bruce

Depending on the date I am interested in attending.

Terry
Whiskey Tango 9

bill o rites

i could always use an IBC   :---
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Sly223

I'm in,
I think,
I hope,
the when is more important than the where for me! ~~:)
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

pikid89

If its near to gainesville Im in...much further and I won't be able to get the time of from work or school

9mm4545

We have a date and a place. March 31-April 1 at Smoakingun's house between Melrose and Keystone Heights. Camping is available or you can get a hotel in Palatka about 20 mins away. Now, who is in?
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

smoakingun

primitive camping is available here on the property, or, more upscale camping is available in my spacious workshop.  O0
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

Heimdhal

I would love to attend one, and have been meaning to for over a year now, unfortunatley I wont be able to make that week as I have a previous engagment that cannot be changed.

Make sure yall dont have too much fun with out me!  O0

9mm4545

The IBC is now up and all official so you can go to eventbrite and sign up. Come on, don't be shy! Here is the event information and a link to register: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27469.0 The ship needs all the bailing it can get and an IBC makes for bigger, faster, better bailers. Be all the instructor you can be. Gain confidence and poise with your presentations and demos. Appeal to the ladies. Children will look up to you and adults will marvel. Just do it!

pikid89

What is needed firearm wise for an IBC?

9mm4545

Generally, an IBC just needs a demo rifle as it is not considered a shooting class but rather a class on how to teach. Even a fake rifle would work. If you have anything unusual or exotic though that the other students might want to become familiar with in case they encounter one on the line, then by all means bring that too. Now, Smoak does have a firing range at his house so if someone was able to find the time to test some primers, then that would be understandable...

pikid89

Oh ok, I thought an IBC was like a RBC for instructors

my mistake

9mm4545

I have been reading after action reports from IBC's in other states and they remind me how very valuable they are for increasing the professionalism of Appleseed instructors. The opportunity to present, for example, IMC before a group of other instructors before being put in front of a bunch of students is a huge confidence builder. By honing your presentations on everything from NPOA to The Strikes before senior instructors you can maximize your ability to effectively reach your students. I think we need to show the other states that Florida leads the way in having the best instructors in the program. So, go ahead and sign up now. You know you want to do it.