News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A New Year's message from the Idaho State Coordinator

Started by Reformed Redneck, January 03, 2012, 10:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reformed Redneck

Greetings to you all,

Here we are with 2012 already under way.

I want to let you know some of the things we have done for the coming year.

First, we have a good number of shoots already on the schedule, and are currently negotiating some additional events. Our first scheduled event in Lewiston already has 8 people signed up. This is very encouraging. We also have a History Boot Camp, and an Instructors Boot Camp on the schedule. Our intentions are to have a couple of Ladyseeds and another two day KD event as well.

Shoots in Blackfoot and Rexburg are in the process. I am in contact with a representative from the range in Nampa, and hope to have a date, or dates, there this year. We have not given up on Pocatello, and have some hope to be able to schedule events this year. One of my goals for this year is to be able to support the instructors in the southern part of the State, and help them form a self sustaining core group. I have had a number of inquiries about setting up some events in places we have not been yet, but these will require some further discussion and negotiations. We should also have a date for Moscow before long.

I would hope to bring our current IIT's up to Instructor status this year as we add more to our number as the year progresses. As a region, with Washington, Oregon, and Montana, we are seeking to develop new Shoot Bosses to handle the anticipated increase in venues and events.

We want to take every opportunity to be 7th stepping, introducing new people to Rifleman marksmanship and our historical heritage. Wouldn't it be great to fill all of the lines?

In that vein, perhaps many, if not most, of you are aware that Shadowman has volunteered to be our Regional Promotions Coordinator. He resides in Washington, but has agreed to give us all some help in identifying various ways to get the word out about Appleseed. From what I have seen, he is quite adept at this. I am including a little note from him below, and would encourage everyone to consider helping and coordinating with Shadowman as he seeks to expand our effectiveness in the Region.

Here is his note:

Something else new for 2012 -- I will helping us get the word out about Project Appleseed as the Regional Promotions Coordinator.  I have contacted a homeschool convention that will be held in Nampa, Idaho on June 1-2.  This may give us an opportunity to present the history of April 19, 1775 to a workshop or to the whole convention.  We also may be able to put together a display table in their exhibition hall.  Negotiations continue with respect to that event.

I will continue to look for leads that will give Project Appleseed statewide visibility in Idaho, but I can't do the work alone -- I need your help.  What can you do to help with promotions, you might ask?

Volunteer to help with the June 1-2 homeschoolers exhibition if it materializes.

Identify a gun club, scout troop, or local homeschool group that would be willing to host a libraryseed type of event.

Volunteer to help with a presentation to a small local group.

Contact your local newspaper or other media outlets about upcoming Appleseed shoots in your area.

Become active on the https://www.facebook.com/NorthwestRegionProjectAppleseed facebook page.

Share your 7th stepping experiences on the Idaho Appleseed forums so we can learn from each other.

I hope each of us will volunteer for 2 or more promotional events this year.  Our efforts will wake up some sleeping Americans and translate to new shooters on the line, some of whom will take orange hats, then red hats...  Who knows, your efforts may fill the firing lines of our already scheduled events and perhaps lead to partnerships with new shooting ranges.

Shadowman

So, there you have it. There a numerous opportunities that lie within our reach. Let's make good use of our resources and time to expand our effectiveness as we seek to wake up our fellow citizens, and introduce many of them to the Rifleman experience.

Thanks to you all for your continued efforts. May we have a successful, safe, and productive year.

With best of regards for you all,
Reformed Redneck

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."