News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2011 Southern CA Appleseed Christmas Party!

Started by bob 210, November 09, 2011, 06:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

OK folks, it's official! Mr Bill has once again volunteered his home as a place of gathering for all CA Appleseed Instructors that are willing to make the drive. He lives in the Santa Clarita area and once I find out who's attending I will send you the addess, so make sure you reply here or send me a PM. It will be a pot luck dinner on Sunday, December 4th, 2011 at 4:00pm. Post here what dish you will be bringing. For the NorCal Instructors - it would be great if you all could get together on the same date and we could do a skype video call or some thing.

OK, this is what we have so far:

Bob 210 - side dish
V - ?
Camljr - side dish
Penny's dad - Green Chile
Cal 7.62 - ?
Rocketman - Lentil Kale Pasta
Mr Pete - spicy peanut pasta
Lock3 - Carnivore entree
Psych Doc - green salad
Justin - ?
Rock-chucker - venison
SS and JA - Ham and raw veggies
Francis Marion - cornbread
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

V

Hey Mr. Bill !!!

It was great to see you at Corona 210 but we didn't get a lot of time to socialize there. I'll certainly be there at your party to help out. Thanks for hosting us at your wonderful house.

Who else is going? Shout out here so we can plan out who's bringing what and help make this easy for Mr. Bill.

Cheers
Phil

Camljr

Iwill be there with the better half.

Will bring a side dish.

Thanks Mr. Bill!  I look forward to seeing you again.    :slap:
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

SavageShootr

Sounds like this will be fun as usual.

I will check our schedule before I commit. But, if we are available Johnnyappleseed and I will be there.

I will post what I am bringing after I am certain we will attend.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Cal 7.62

I plan to attend. This time I'll  try and drag the mrs. along  encourage my wife to help us celebrate. I'll  figure out a side dish before then.  :pop:
Steve
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Psych Doc

Will be there, possibly with Mrs. Psych Doc. Planning to bring green salad. See you there!

TowedJumper

Just a thought, but next year could we schedule a hole in the AS schedule to make sure we have time to do this?  Just one weekend?  Hate to have an event conflict with the christmas party and I would consider going to a party wherever it is (even Santa Clarita), but I am scheduled up for that weekend.  AS christmas party vs appleseed event.  Shouldn't be a choice we have to make.

Just sayin.
"American parachutists -- devils in baggy pants -- are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere."  -- Entry from a German Officer's diary captured during the battle of Anzio

Jump footage (generic youtube, not mine) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DZPIGhL3bY&feature=related

pennys dad

Rocket Man

One week to go...

Myself and my better half will be there.  Current plan is to bring Lentil Kale Pasta.   :o
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

SavageShootr

At this point I have to work Sunday. I'll try to get out early.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

Mr Pete

Sign us up.

The count will be three.  We will at least bring a spicy peanut pasta dish.

-Peter
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

L0ck3

I am planning on attending the 'Christmas Gathering' on the 4th.

I'll bring a carnivore entrée.

Also, I'm not sure if other so cal folks know about this; I found out from Cam. Maybe a message blast out to folks might inform them?

-L0ck3
Thanks.
L0ck3 (Tom)
310-709-5608
I am capital L zero c k three on Appleseed forum and LibertySeed forum.

Every man has a property in his own person. This nobody has a right to, but himself.
--John Locke

Government has no other end, but the preservation of property.
--John Locke

pennys dad

I see this is at Mr. Bills house, but where is that?

Justin

Quote from: bob 210 on November 09, 2011, 06:04:10 PM
He lives in the Santa Clarita area and once I find out who's attending I will send you the addess, so make sure you reply here or send me a PM.

:)
"Le médiocrité est l'ennemi de la parfaite." -

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed
http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Appleseed/203137793037851

DesertDog

TowedJumper, Krahnic and I will be closing up Fresno.  I agree with him on keeping a date open.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

rock-chucker

Lixian and I will be there.  Will bring some venison, and perhaps something extra, depending on how things shape up.  Some pie, perhaps.  Gotta have pie!

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Steve

pennys dad

Quote from: Justin on December 01, 2011, 11:54:51 PM
Quote from: bob 210 on November 09, 2011, 06:04:10 PM
He lives in the Santa Clarita area and once I find out who's attending I will send you the addess, so make sure you reply here or send me a PM.

:)

It is 12/2 this takes place 12/4

Cal 7.62

I'm bringing cakes for dessert.
"Let them eat cake"
Since there's no cake eating smiley, I have to use this-  :pop:
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

4Posterity

Yeah, what Towed Jumper said.  Most of the San Diego contingent will be at the Rainbow Range working an event.  Kinda feelin' like red-haired step-children here................

Quote from: TowedJumper on November 20, 2011, 06:47:49 PM
Just a thought, but next year could we schedule a hole in the AS schedule to make sure we have time to do this?  Just one weekend?  Hate to have an event conflict with the christmas party and I would consider going to a party wherever it is (even Santa Clarita), but I am scheduled up for that weekend.  AS christmas party vs appleseed event.  Shouldn't be a choice we have to make.

Just sayin.
To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

Calvin Coolidge

MrBill

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."  Mahatma Mohandas K. Gandhi

sespe

I miss you all terribly, and will miss this also.  After 4 years of no hiring, I am deep in the middle of our second academy of the year.  Perhaps next year I can attend more than 1 AS and hang out with you more...
I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

SavageShootr

JA and I will be there. We are bringing ham and a veggie thing we picked up at Sam's Club.

We will miss you TJ! DD! Mark! And all others who are handling the work so that we can have the fun. Thanks each of you.

Sespe, get back when you can. We miss you as well.

Scott1600

Sadly, I will be unable to attend.  Thank you for the gracious invite!
Hope you all have a great time and a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
Best wishes to all,
Scott
"Objects of the most stupendous magnitude, and measure in which the lives and liberties of millions yet unborn are intimately interested, are now before us. We are in the very midst of a revolution the most complete, unexpected and remarkable of any in the history of nations." -John Adams, July 3, 1776.

Francis Marion

Thanks Mr Bill for hosting us again.  We'll be there with cornbread.  Looking forward!

Shoot in peace,

-FM

HollywoodMarine

Trying to get off work early not sure if I will make it. Will be late though
A wise man can learn from a fool, but a fool cannot learn even from a wise man.

Embrace the suck!

V

My attempt to fix the url link
Quote from: MrBill on December 03, 2011, 12:34:30 AM
Welcome everyone,

Sorry about the Event vs Party dilemma Towed Jumper but you made the right choice.  There will be more Chirstmas Parties to attend in the future.

My address is:

15601 Saddleback Rd
Santa Clarita, CA 91387

1-661-251-4392

Google Maps for Mr Bills Place

See everyone Sunday!

Cheers

Mr Bill

kool aid

Kool Aid +1
Tri-Tip, of course......

Also a few refreshments and some paper plates/cups/plastic cutlery as well....

See you shortly
bruta' k
Take a moment and remember the kind of man you chose to be when you got yourself out of that last scrape. Maybe you prayed that you would be different if he delivered you. Maybe you found hope here you thought unreachable. Do not concern yourself with anything 'els THAT. Make the mission first.

Mr Pete

Erg...

Something came up and I must send my regrets.

Have fun and happy holidays to all!

-Peter
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

4Posterity

Well, we missed the party but instead we promoted California's newest Red Hat, JShoebot (Jeff).

Jeff did an excellent job today, easily proving that he is more than ready for his promotion.  A lot of you had a hand in helping Jeff along, and thanks to all of you for for the good work.

Congratulations Jeff!

Mark
To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

Calvin Coolidge

SavageShootr

We had to miss it also. I gave Bob a call... Sorry MrBill but we didn't want everyone to come down with what JA is on the verge of getting.

I am sure the party is going strong.

CONGRATULATIONS JShoebot!!!