News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Flash! Piru, Ca. Friday November 11th, 2011 KD day/BBQ. There will be rockers!

Started by kool aid, October 28, 2011, 06:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kool aid

Greetings fellow Appleseed enthusiasts.

Mike Thompson, our host at the Piru Ca. Home range, has kindly given us the use of the full distance range for a morning of KD AQT's. Meet at 10 AM for safety briefing, shots down range at 1100 (11.11.11 @11:00  ^:)^) ) BBQ to follow around 1400 or when we've had enough. Menu will be 'santa maria tri-tip and all the fixin's.

While this will be a "run what you brung" kind of deal, there are a few of us who will be shooting our 'US Rifle, model 1903/O3 A3's", in keeping with the history of 'that day'.

I will remind those not familiar with the history of the AQT that it was developed for that particular rifle.

Please RSVP myself or cowgirl ducky if you plan on attending and if you will be planning on eating. I

Event is open to all who wish to attend. Bring your non-appleseed co-worker or family member or friend for a day of low pressure, fun and fellowship on what is the un-official aniversery of Appleseed's 'home range' in california being secured.
Range Fee's will be collected.

roll call:
(as of 10-28-11)

Kool Aid
CowgirlDucky
Hollywood Marine
GoneJohnny
Justin (?)
RocketMan
Take a moment and remember the kind of man you chose to be when you got yourself out of that last scrape. Maybe you prayed that you would be different if he delivered you. Maybe you found hope here you thought unreachable. Do not concern yourself with anything 'els THAT. Make the mission first.

SavageShootr

I regret that I will be at work. Sounds like it will be a blast.

Thanks for heading up the effort!
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

jacques

Two Words-Meriams Corner

Cal 7.62

Drat!
Now I know how Cameron felt while everyone else was at the 1st CA. instructor meeting in Fresno having fun. (rubbing elbows with the rich and famous)  **)
I'll be setting up for the Mariposa shoot that day.
You folks 'll just have to muster on and have as much fun as you can without me. LOL   ;D
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

kool aid

I was running the Piru shoot with Dano that same weekend.

You will be missed, Cal!
Take a moment and remember the kind of man you chose to be when you got yourself out of that last scrape. Maybe you prayed that you would be different if he delivered you. Maybe you found hope here you thought unreachable. Do not concern yourself with anything 'els THAT. Make the mission first.

Justin

"Le médiocrité est l'ennemi de la parfaite." -

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed
http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Appleseed/203137793037851

Rocket Man

I'm in. 

Was going to say "make sure Justin hears about it," but that's already covered.   :D
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

kool aid

See here I was just like : "d'ho dee d'ho, gee whiz, guess It's time to post about what mike ok'd TWO WEEKS AGO. "

So, here we go.

Bring your friends.

:DH:

HollywoodMarine

A wise man can learn from a fool, but a fool cannot learn even from a wise man.

Embrace the suck!

Justin

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed

pennys dad

WOW and DAMN!  THis is the Friday before the Calguns-CRPA Tactical Turkey Shoot.  Fortunately the shoot is on Sunday.  I will catch up with the boss on Monday and request the day off.  So I am in tentatively.  :-) I wont have a period rifle though, I suspect my AR will follow me up.

Rocket Man

We may have a spare Garand or two between us.  You never know.

Just sayin'.   ::)
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

pennys dad

sure if one is there i will learn on a OMSR "Old Man Sporting Rifle"  ;)
and leave my MSR "Modern Sporting Rifle" at home  ;D

LayloPro

Don't know at this point if I will be back up in NoNeva that weekend yet....if not, will be there.....probably with something (or several somethings) that are very loud to shoot......
If I can't be there, y'all have a round of fire for me, yes?

TTYS, and God bless.
LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Psych Doc

I will have to check with the wife. If I can get a hall pass, I'm in.

Camljr

Count me in, too...

I will break out the 1903 Mk. 1 for an old school AQT beside Kool Aid and Bob 210,
and of course I might try another AQT with my Krag!

BBQ sounds good to me... Whats the pony up for this?

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Justin

California Appleseed

Mr Pete

Trying to find child care for Thurs & Fri.  If I can then I'll bring a carbine...amongst other things.

-Peter
Quote from: Justin on October 31, 2011, 09:22:04 PM
Does anyone have or is anyong bringing an m1 carbine?
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

Rocket Man

I can bring my carbine as well...

There will be rockers, sure, but there will also be rollers!   8)

pennys dad

Ok, I am officially in.

Also as much as a period rifle would be cool, I will use my AR, I like MSR's

Camljr

Quote from: Justin on October 31, 2011, 09:22:04 PM
Does anyone have or is anyong bringing an m1 carbine?

I got a few Carbines to bring.

I doubt I will be able to ring the 1K gong with it though.... :'(

For that, I will use the 1917, or the 1903. I might try it with the Trap door 45/70... Hmmm....
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

LayloPro

"I might try it with the Trap door 45/70... Hmmm...."

I don't know why, but suddenly the chorus from "Somewhere over the Rainbow" just started playing in my head........ **) **) **) **) ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ..:.. O0
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

gratefuldog

I'm not yet sure if I'll be there...
  -but-
just in case no one's thought of it, it would be righteous and proper to extend an invite to our most gracious host, Mike Thompson.
just sayin'.

StormN

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

Camljr

Quote from: LayloPro on November 03, 2011, 12:33:02 AM
"I might try it with the Trap door 45/70... Hmmm...."

I don't know why, but suddenly the chorus from "Somewhere over the Rainbow" just started playing in my head........ **) **) **) **) ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ..:.. O0

You thought I was being funny???  I am seriously gonna try it... with black powder loads....

check out this article on the 2 mile long range shot testing done back in 1879.

http://home.earthlink.net/~sharpsshtr/CritterPhotos/SandyHook/SandyHook.html

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

Theodore Roosevelt

DesertDog

BBQ to follow around 1400 or when we've had enough.

So the BBQ will be after dark ;D ;D.  Sounds like a great time.  I'll be in Boulder City that weekend.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Justin

California Appleseed

artkat2

Kool, my strapping Greek brother, I regret that I most likely will not make it.

If by chance Jacques shows up, I expect a nice photo of a 3-way hug with Jacques, Hollywood and yourself, I miss my 11 '09 big brothers!
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

jacques

I have checked and the fiance and I will be there.

I do not have ammo for a period rifle, but I have been wanting to try my VZ58 at known distance. Should be interesting.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine