News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Please welcome our New California Shoot Boss

Started by V, October 19, 2011, 11:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V

Tim (Nero) earned his Green Hat at Chabot (Castro Valley).

Congratulations Tim.

With all the help from the IITs who have stepped up at this range we look forward to everyone progressing and spreading out from Chabot into the Bay area and beyond.

Congratulations again, and thanks you the whole team for everything you are doing.
Cheers
Phil "V"

hawkhavn

Nero,

Hearty Hoosier Congrats!!!   ^:)^
Way to go, you are certainly welcome back in Indiana anytime (as long as you bring American Amazon)!   **)

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Rocket Man

Outstanding.   ^:)^

There's great work being done in the Bay Area, that's for sure.
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

Cal 7.62

Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah!  ^:)^
Congratulations Nero on a job well done.  O0
Hope to see you on the trail someday.
OK, celebratin's over. Grab a BIGGER bucket and start bailing!  ;)
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Xeyed

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

Mr Pete

Congrats Nero...what ever happened to taking a break?   ::)

Don't worry, I know how well that plan goes.  ;)  Also, congrats to your Amazon since you all make a team that can't be beat!

Hope to travel with you sometime where there are these green things called trees...we don't really have them down south but I have distant memories of them being pretty. 

-Peter
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

POP

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

LayloPro

Well done, & well earned!!  O0 O0 O0

Congrats, Sir!! :cool2: O0 ^:)^

Lead the way for the Bay Area folks, you've started them coming out of the wood work there....don't stop for nuthin'!!

Git 'er dun!!! **) ^:)^ ..:..

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

Nero

Thanks, guys.   Particularly to those who have been making the trek up here from SoCal to help build the program:  Bob 210, V, Cam, Freeman, Mr. Pete, asminuteman, CSHR.   :bow:  And those we've met and learned from along the trail:  Chris_H and LayloPro, ATM, SPQR, and who can forget the Marpats.   O0

I'm fully aware of the reward for getting one thing done.  Towards that end, I'll just mention that we'll still need some help up here - we've got a good sized batch of IITs coming along  ^:)^  but it's going to take some assistance to bring them all up right, and quickly (please!  :cool2: ).  We've now got one shoot of 45 every other month for a metro area of 7 million.  That's not enough, and we've already got eyes on another range.  But we need to 'level up' those IITs, with quality, so we'll still be counting on the dedicated I-5 drivers corps for a while yet to assist with shoots (and with luck, a NorCal IBC).   ~~:)
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Camljr

Don't worry, Nero, we will still be assisting you in your trek forward...

By the way.... SBIT wasn't that bad after all, right?!?!?!?   &)    **)    Now a full fledged SHOOT BOSS!!!   O0  WAY TO GO, TIM!!!

I guess tossing you into the deep end worked out OK, HUH????    >:D

I see an IBC in the Bay Area's future....

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Nero

Quote from: Camljr on October 20, 2011, 03:43:04 PM
By the way.... SBIT wasn't that bad after all, right?!?!?!?   &)    **)    Now a full fledged SHOOT BOSS!!!   O0  WAY TO GO, TIM!!!

I guess tossing you into the deep end worked out OK, HUH????    >:D

It wasn't so much getting tossed in the deep end, but that you helped sign up the IITs that made SB worth going for - so take a bow yourself.   :bow:

Workin' on that.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

techres

Congrats Nero!  Hope to work with you again some time, this time in your neck of the woods.   O0
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

ATM

Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

franklinfarmer

A hearty congratulations and wishes for all the best in your new responsibilities!  Well done.

FF
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

TowedJumper

Quote from: Camljr on October 20, 2011, 03:43:04 PM

On behalf of all the other IIT's out here in the rest of the golden state "PLEASE schedule an IBC soon!!!!!!"  Learning it from a book is one thing, but not everybody learns the best from a manual.  I am one of those written plus visual types and being able to learn it right the first time is something I value.  I kick myself every time I teach something wrong at an AS or teach the right thing but with the wrong delivery.  Sometimes you only get one day with a student and I want everybody I contact to get the best history delivery and rifle marksmanship training I can give them.
"American parachutists -- devils in baggy pants -- are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere."  -- Entry from a German Officer's diary captured during the battle of Anzio

Jump footage (generic youtube, not mine) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DZPIGhL3bY&feature=related

Nero

Quote from: TowedJumper on October 20, 2011, 08:07:52 PM
On behalf of all the other IIT's out here in the rest of the golden state "PLEASE schedule an IBC soon!!!!!!"  Learning it from a book is one thing, but not everybody learns the best from a manual.  I am one of those written plus visual types and being able to learn it right the first time is something I value.  I kick myself every time I teach something wrong at an AS or teach the right thing but with the wrong delivery.  Sometimes you only get one day with a student and I want everybody I contact to get the best history delivery and rifle marksmanship training I can give them.

PM sent.

TowedJumper

Thanks Nero!  Reply PM sent.

Unrelated to the PM, I looked over my post and wanted to clarify that my request above was meant as a request with emphasis.   :cool2:  No demands!  I know how busy my AS schedule is and I am only a lowly IIT2.  I can only imagine BOB210 or V's schedule.  Hence the emphasis.  Good thing I didn't put it in CAPS.. I did say please though  ;D
"American parachutists -- devils in baggy pants -- are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere."  -- Entry from a German Officer's diary captured during the battle of Anzio

Jump footage (generic youtube, not mine) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DZPIGhL3bY&feature=related

TowedJumper

Oh, and sorry for being rude.  CONGRATS NERO!!!!