News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome to Idaho/Washington's newest Orange Hat, BrassyLassie!!!!

Started by Western Rose, October 10, 2011, 01:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Western Rose

I'm sure by now many of you have heard of "Brassy Lassie", though you probably know her better by Gina.

For those of you who don't know Gina, shot her first Rifleman score at Coeur d'Alene, Idaho in July.

At that point, she decided she didn't want to be the only Rifle(wo)man she knew, so she asked if she could get the Coeur d'Alene, Idaho October 8-9, 2011 event changed to a LADYSEED. She was told, "if we can get 15 pre-registered a month in advance, we'll make it a Ladyseed". As she began to work on getting her friends out on the line, she also attended the Medical Lake, WA event where she consistently shot to Rifleman's standard. There she was awarded a pink "Shoot Like A Girl... If You Can!" hat.

Well, this past weekend we had 28 LADIES on the line in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho for Idaho's FIRST Ladyseed. At this Ladyseed, Gina began to help the instructors out when she was asked if she would be willing to help bring one lady who came a little late up to speed. Sunday morning she let the instructor crew know that she would like to be an Instructor. She was promptly dubbed with her orange hat and put right to work.  :D

Thank you so much, BrassyLassie!!!!!!!  O0 ^:)^

Oh, and now that you have a challenge coin as well, we'd better not catch you without it.  ;) ;D

BrassyLassie working with her friend, Jenny.

BrassyLassie as part of the Ladyseed Instructor Crew.

More pictures will be forthcoming...
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

George Hacker

Welcome to the team, BrassyLassie!  Thanks for stepping up and taking an orange hat.   ^:)^

Once you got a taste of instructing with your friend, you found out how addicting instructing at an Appleseed can be.  Hope we cross paths on the Appleseed trail.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

hawkhavn

Congratulations, welcome to the Northwest crew!
Fanatastic job on turning out a huge Ladyseed!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Scarecrow

Evenstar

Gina, I don't even have to tell you how EXCITED I am to have the opportunity to work the line with you. Thank you and welcome! Can't wait to be on the line with you again! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ Thanks again for your promotions work for this past weekend's Ladyseed in CdA! :)
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

TruTenacity

Thank you, Gina, for ...
     an incredible job 7th stepping,
     helping out on the line Saturday,
     bringing a late arrival up to speed,
     taking on the Orange Hat,
     doing a bang up job on the line Sunday.

You're a great addition to the Northwest Region!

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

BrassyLassie

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.  And yes ShadowMan, it was addicting, and a wonderfully precious thing to watch the women and young ladies move from unease around rifles to big grins and confidence.  I. AM. HOOKED.  Came home to my husband and three sons (all but one are Riflemen), and my husband said "ahh, you drank the orange kool-aid." 

Yes, I did, and it is SSSWEET!  My household of men are very supportive and excited, and who knows, maybe this time, Mama is leading the way?!?

Roland

Hey, great to see you took up the orange hat. I'm happy to say I won the family bet about who the first orange hat in your family would be! it'll be great to work with on the line.

Dirk/Roland

P,S. TT, that doesn't look like an AS standard hat...

The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Reformed Redneck

Brassie Lassie,

Congratulations on the orange hat and welcome to the Inland Northwest Instructor Corps. I figured that hat would be in your future some time soon. This is a pleasant surprise. Good response to Robb's orange koolaid comment. He's next. And let's get your last family member his Rifleman patch soon. Now that we've seen your effectiveness 7th stepping, we'll want to tap into your abilities to help bolster Appleseed in the area.

Great job by everyone, and kudos to the Instructors.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

OnlyHitsCount

Given all of my prodding on Saturday, it should be no surprise that I was excited to see you take the orange hat on Sunday!   ^:)^

What a wonderful group of women that you brought to the line this weekend!  Your efforts 7th stepping certainly paid off.   :bow:   Remember that you don't have to stay in Cd'A, we have several events on the schedule in Yakima as well, and you would be greatly welcomed!   ;)

Welcome to the trail!

OnlyHitsCount
That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wondrous works.  Psalm 26:7

The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  - John the Baptist

God doesn't believe in atheists.  (Romans 1:20)