News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor Shoot n BBQ

Started by Cal 7.62, October 09, 2011, 12:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal 7.62

I originally planned this for the Bakersfield instructors as a team building event, but on 2nd thought, it might be nice to open it up for other instructors who might want to come join the fun. I have enough backers for 20 shooters.

What : Practicing our shooting and teaching skills. Enjoying the company of Riflemen.  O0

Food: Depends on how many bodies we get. If only a few, I could buy some steaks or chicken or hamburgers and have everyone else bring a side dish or drinks or dessert. If more than a few maybe others else could help out with the meat.

When: Fri. Oct. 21 (from 9ish  all day or as long as you want to stay, I plan on camping overnight Fri.-Sat.)

Where: Dome Springs Campground turnoff. (see link below)
The shooting area is a wide dry wash, with "badlands"  type terrain in the Los Padres Forest.
(bring your jacket and a few survival items in your vehicle, the mountains are no place for the unprepared)

(NOTE: Change the "From" directions from Bakersfield to your location for appropriate directions.
Link from Google maps. -
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Bakersfield,+CA&daddr=%2B34%C2%B0+43'+0.26%22,+-119%C2%B0+15'+40.57%22+(34.716738,+-119.261270)&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=34.713678,-119.268951&spn=0.229722,0.527&sll=35.035619,-119.266205&sspn=0.915293,2.108002&geocode=FezAGwIdKOvn-CkNy5S5yGvqgDHIdP6YCQw2WQ%3BFUK8EQIdqjfk-A&vpsrc=6&mra=ls&t=h&z=12

Send me a PM if you're interested or have questions.
Steve aka Cal 7.62

"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Mr Pete

Erg...<sigh>...Steve, fantastic idea I wish I could make it. 

In the words of ItsanSKS, "consider that stolen".  I'm going to plan Friday night BBQs wherever possible.  Calm before the storm kind of thing.  Dano (the host with the most) has always been very good at Friday night movies but I can do it even if all I have is a grill (I'm the host with the least).

Have a great time and, "Where are my sling adapters!"
-Pete
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

Cal 7.62

Mr Pete-
Making a few refinements to the "sling thing" I'll punch out a few more manually and let some lucky SB(s) test them out and give me some feedback on the refinements before going into production.

Ken -
try this link-
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Dome%20Springs%20Camp,CA

Or  Google "Dome Springs camp". It's just off of Lockwood Valley Rd., a little east of Hwy 33.
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

eaglescouter

Cal, sounds fun, but insufficient notice for us wayupnortherners.

Thanks for the offer!
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

gratefuldog

I'll see if I can get the day off... Adventure pass required? Magnetic ammo? Clay pigeons ok?

Pete

Cal 7.62

Grateful Pete,
There'll be a big dirt cliff behind the backers so magnetic ammo is no problem. O0
Bring your pigeons, we'll take care of em!  >:D
I'll find out about the Adventure Pass and let you know.  @&)
Keep me posted if you can get the time off or not.
Steve