News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Any members of Port Malabar on here?

Started by ItsanSKS, October 06, 2011, 11:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Folks, I've recently been informed that there is a very nice range in Palm Bay, FL.  This range is called Port Malabar Rifle & Pistol Club, and it has all kinds of ranges, including a 600yd competition range, complete with pits.  Sounds like the kind of place that would LOVE an Appleseed, right?

I've sent an email to the Rifle Director, one Eric Kennard.  Though I haven't heard back from him yet, I'd like to get the ball rolling on this one, as I'd like to have our first event there sometime in spring of 2012.

We need:

Boots on the ground assessment of the facility- it looks like there are multiple firing lines, but I wouldn't know which one would best suit our needs.

Members to request us there.  Ranges cater to their membership first...

Someone local to promote the event, should we get one scheduled.

If any of you can fill one (or more) of these roles, please contact either myself or 9mm4545, and we'll get you pointed in the right direction.

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

bill o rites

george and I are members at port malabar. we could contact  eric kennard and try to get something rolling. might be a tough sell ,  last time we tried  this they wanted all paticipants to  to be checked out on range first,
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

ItsanSKS

While I would love to use their 600yd firing line, looking at their facility map, they have other rifle-capable ranges that would be suitable for our use.

Let me know how it goes, and if I can be of any assistance.

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

bill o rites

just got off the phone with  rifle director at port malabar he put me in touch w/ club pres.  we need a written proposal  .  what's a proposal? %)
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

hawkhavn

Bill,

I'm certain 9mm4545 or Itsansks will be on this real quick, but congrats for making the breakthrough on a new range. They can write up a quick overview and hopefully move this down the field a bit.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com