News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Portland Expo Gun Show - Oct 14-16

Started by George Hacker, October 05, 2011, 01:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

Has Appleseed ever had a presence at the Collectors West Gun and Knife show at the Portland Expo center?  There is a 3-day show coming up October 14-16, the weekend before the Castle Rock, WA shoot.  I would be willing to help with this event with other instructors and IITs.

Show hours Friday, 12:00 - 6:00pm, Saturday 9:00 - 5:00pm, Sunday 10:00 - 4:00pm.

I think the cost is $80-85 for a 8' table.  Does Oregon/Washington Appleseed have a gun show exhibition kit?

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Prescott

I went to the last Show, but not as an exhibitor.   I have never heard of anyone in the NW working the show, and I would be willing to give it a shot next spring.   I will be working the Yakima shoot this weekend, so can't help you with this one.   We should get a kit ordered so we can get prepared for the next one.   
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

George Hacker

Quote from: Prescott on October 10, 2011, 11:51:39 PM
I went to the last Show, but not as an exhibitor.   I have never heard of anyone in the NW working the show, and I would be willing to give it a shot next spring.   I will be working the Yakima shoot this weekend, so can't help you with this one.   We should get a kit ordered so we can get prepared for the next one.
I agree.  The thought of working this gun show was kind of last minute.  Something like this needs more lead time and planning.

Perhaps we ought to plan on working a booth at a home school convention instead.  Thoughts?

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

Prescott

Do you know the date of the home school convention?   That might actually be more productive than a gun show.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

George Hacker

Quote from: Prescott on October 19, 2011, 12:16:04 AM
Do you know the date of the home school convention?   That might actually be more productive than a gun show.
Here is what I found out so far:

2012 The 18th Annual Oregon Christian Home Education Conference

777 NE ML King Blvd.
   Portland, Oregon (OR)  97232
   United States of America (US)
Date(s):  6/22/2012 - 6/23/2012
Event Contact Email:  mail@oceanetwork.org
Hosting Organization's Info
Name:  The Oregon Christian Home Education Association Network (OCEANetwork)
Address:  7985 Falls City Rd., Dallas, Oregon (OR)  97338
Website(s):  http://oceanetwork.org and http://oceanetwork.org/calendar/conference/index.cfm
Contact Person:  503-288-1285, mail@oceanetwork.org

There may also be an event in southern or central Oregon.  Will keep looking.

- ShadowMan

George Hacker

Another resource is http://www.meetup.com/Oregon-Freedom-Network/.  This looks like a Tea Party group with around 75 or so members.  I'm sure meetup.com has other groups that might be interested in what Appleseed has to offer.  I don't have a meetup.com account so I couldn't go deeper and get contact information for the Oregon-Freedom-Network group.

meetup.com seems to be a global site so this might be of interest to other Appleseeders across the nation.

- ShadowMan