News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Two perfect Scores at WW2 Shoot

Started by wildman, September 18, 2011, 07:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

Hawkeye Jr and JohnnyReb both shot perfect scores at Ramseur on Saturday at the WW2 Marksmanship Course.

The COF includes 16 target pairs at 200, 300,and 400 yards plus four "F"targets. Each target pair is one "D" (larger) and one "F" (smaller) target. Only two rounds are allowed for each target. Points are awarded for rounds saved. In addition to the pairs each shooter must engage the four "F" targets with only one round.

A perfect scores means that all targets were engaged and hit with only one round each. Congratulations to both JohnnyReb and Hawkeye Jr. for their outstanding work.

JohnnyReb shot his perfect round with a scoped FAL. Hawkeye Jr. shot his using a standard 1903A3 with iron sights.

Second place went to Keaton and his M1 with a score of 98 and third place went to wildman and his 03A3 with a score of 94. Three other shooters had qualifying scores: DisneyD, J Martin, and 7.62 BBQ.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

hawkeye

Both Lawson (Hawkeye jr.or law man on the forum) and Keaton have come a long way since their first Appleseed in 2006. I thought one day they will leave me in the dust with their shooting ability but not this soon! oh well. We had a great group Saturday with the overcast and all it made for a good shoot. I don't remember anybody ever shooting a perfect score iron sights or scope . Both boys shot with slings only, prone and issue grade rifles. Counter attack was a lot of fun, especially with the cooler weather. Steve 
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

M1NC

Congrats to Lawson - he made my job as scorer easy!

*Perfect shot*

*Perfect shot*

(Repeat for entire COF)

O0
Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

The Kid

Lawson you shot incredibly well.  Not to mention the fact that you did it with a 110 year old bolt gun and in half my time. Hawkeye, is it only because on he knowledge that you and many others gave us that we have done so well, so thank you to all.

Thank you Wildman for putting on a great shoot as always and I am looking forward to counter attack next month.  :~

Matt I don't think I have ever seen you shoot that well you are really starting to get a hang of that Garand. We are going to have to start looking behind our backs because you are coming man, great shooting. Do you think you could post those photos you took of us?

To all the new shooters and any others who are thinking of coming, please come back. It is because of you guys, and the stiff competition that you bring, that not only this weekend but all that make these shoots interesting and fun.

For me I have learned a couple very good lessons this shoot.
1)Always make sure that your local Garand armorer, Hawkeye, is at the matches. He will save your bacon.
2)After having my rear sight fall apart make sure your screws are tight.
3After then having your rear sight fall off have the common sense to check your front sight allen otherwise it will fall off too (And I only speak from experience).  :wb:
4) Make sure your gas block nut is tight otherwise that will wiggle off too.
5)Lastly, when you are sitting on the back of the Range Boss's truck using his tools watch your 1911, it might run off if you don't put all his tools back.  ;)

Thanks for the great shoot guys!

Keaton
"I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom." Lincoln

ThaiFighter

amen on #2!  >:(

A good time was had by all.    Thanks to Wildman for setting it up and congratulations to all those who shot well.  I enjoyed making new friends and visiting with old ones.  See you men on the trail!

W
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

TheIronMantis

I had a great time.  I have never shot beyond 200 yds.  It was great applywhat I have learned and been instructing at 25 yds work at full distance. Thanks for putting on a great event Wildman.  I'll see you guys in December for the KWSC!

wildman

OK from now on Hawkeye Jr. is Law Man. Sorry about that I'm gettin' old.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

M1NC

Quote from: The Kid on September 18, 2011, 11:04:42 PM
Do you think you could post those photos you took of us?

You got it - PM me your email address if you want the raw JPEG

Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness