News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Minnesota, can I have your attention please? - Like you have a choice. ;)

Started by AFTERMATH, September 09, 2011, 05:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Minnesota,

Mike or as many know him, vmt193; is MN's first Rifleman, MN's first Instructor and for the last three years - MN's first and only State Coordinator.  He is responsible for the first Appleseed, ever! 
For three years he held the office that nobody else wanted - Presiding over three years of growth and expansion for Minnesota's sprouting Appleseed program.  It is thanks to him, that we are all here.
In August, he indicated that it was time for someone new to take the office, and that he would be stepping aside, pending a replacement - Allowing 'changing of the guard.'  After all that Mike has done for us; who could deny this request? 
Finding a replacement wasn't necessarily easy, it took a few weeks.  However, being that there was a job that needed to be done, and someone needed to do it - Kevin(Kosciusko), saw his opportunity for, uh, Glory and courageously stepped up to the plate.  You may recognize Kevin from many various shoots in this, and surrounding states.  He's been at every Winona shoot, since the beginning, and is really the man behind all of the now notorious events at the Winona Sportsmans Club.  Kevin is a dedicated Appleseeder and true to the Mission.  I can think of no one better to fill the role.
All factors were in place, all that was left was ceremony.
In Winona, on the 3rd Anniversary of our first shoot there; Mike formally passed the torch into the very capable hands of Kevin.  Thereby, closing one chapter of MN Appleseed history and beginning another. 
We owe much thanks to Mike, you can still tell him in person - He'll still be out there on the trail - Instructing, SB-ing and BS-ing.
Kevin has some big shoes to fill.  (If there is a pun to be intended there, I'll intend it.  Though in truth I know not the shoe size of either one of them.)  Please give Kevin your full support and all the respect due a State Coordinator of Minnesota!  Or else!   &) &) &)

Thank you Mike, and thank you Kevin!

See you both on the Trail, soon!

Now I wonder if there's anyone interested in an Assistant SC position?  Somebody?  Anybody? :(

Oh, well, have a great weekend of shootin' and Seedin', MN!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

colycat

MN is in good hands, once again.  Thank you to Mike and thank you to Kevin.

You guys over there know how to do it :bow:
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Blue Five

Thanks for the hard work, Mike!  I look forward to seeing you soon.

Kevin, congratulations!  I know you are the right person for a State Coordinator position.  Thanks for stepping up!

-Nathan
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

dragonfly

Thanks VMT, congratulations Kosciusko. Minnesota, once again, you are in great hands.

D-fly   Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

sparks1

Many thanks VMT...Great job, even tho you never fail to remind me of getting wet at Leeds.  :slap:

A new SC?????  Ruh Roh!!!   ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)

&) &) &) &) &) &) &) &) &) &) &) &) &) &) &) &) &) &) &) &) &) &) &) &) &)

Get ready Minnesota!
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Taylor

Thanks for your dedication Mike and congratulaitions Kevin, looking forward to working with you again soon.

Taylor aka Mike
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Puma Mami

Congratulations, Kevin! I'm glad you were willing to step up and take this on! I liked your leadership of the discussion about growing Appleseed in Minnesota, and I feel confident we are in good hands.  :)
Now onward to fill those lines...

And thanks, Mike, for all your hard work, and for hanging in there for three years! That's a lot of hours, work and efforts you have put in, and we appreciate it  O0  I'm glad we'll still be seeing you around on the Appleseed trail.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus