News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Dakota County family fun shoot promotion

Started by sparks1, August 27, 2011, 07:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks1

Well, we're baaaaack. just got done promoting AS at the Dakota County Gun Club (DCGC).

Puma Mami and I had a great time talking to attendees about AS and letting them know we are out here to teach marksmanship skills and interperse it with some Rev. war history. Lots of interest...we'll see if the lines get some more attendance from this.
Great venue as it is family oriented and easy to get the kids interested and so bring a parent with. Lots of "never heard of AS", but genuine interest when the facts were laid out.

Puma made some neat book bags/back-packs for the raffle, along with some AS made t-shirts. That and a couple gift certificates for adults went to the raffle. Puma did a great job on the bags and they will be a walkng advertisement for AS where ever they go.

Did some 7th stepping with the airport swat team and National Guard guys...let them know they shoot for free and to bring the family with. Both appreciative of the FREE thing.
Thanks again to the National Wild Turkey Federation for allowing us an opportunity to promote and to DCGC.

ps
I got to shoot some cowboy action weapons ( single action pistol/rifle (44-40's both) and a period shotgun. All black powder metallic cartridge stuff, and LOTS of fun.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Puma Mami

This event is very fun for the kids, and we spoke to many families interested in coming to Appleseed! It's a great venue because everyone there is already interested in shooting sports, but they don't all "know everything there is to know" like at a gun show  >:D. There was a lot of interest in having their kids learn about the American Revolution history we teach. One woman also said she wanted to bring a bunch of her female friends up to Hinckley this fall. People were extremely enthusiastic!

I gave away all of the drawstring backpacks before I took a picture, but I have a couple more ready to sew. So I can take a picture once they are done. I'm attaching some event photos here, too.

Next year we can set up some airsoft-type rifles with slings on mats next to our booth, and reactive targets of some type. That will be fun for the kids. The pencils and fans were a big hit. Both had the Appleseed web address on them.  O0
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]