News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Women's only Appleseed in Lodi, WI Aug 27-28

Started by Trisha, August 22, 2011, 11:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

We are having our first Women's Appleseed in Wisconsin!!!! It is this weekend August 27-28 in Lodi, which is just north of Madison. Come on over, do a boarder raid and enjoy learning new skills or improving your skills.

I hope to see you there! If you have any questions please let me know!

Event information page: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20376.0

Puma Mami

I wish I could have joined you guys, but I was working at the Dakota County Gun Club's Family Fun shoot doing some 7th stepping. We had a great response!

I would like to get to a Ladyseed sometime, though, and bring a bunch of friends!  ;D
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

Trisha

That's what I would like to hear! Maybe MN will have another Women's Appleseed and I will head up there!!!

sparks1

From the sounds of it ...Mn. SHOULD have a ladyseed. Some women like the idea of not having men around  :slap:, and just having women instructors. :bow:
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Trisha

Quote from: sparks1 on August 27, 2011, 11:12:06 PM
From the sounds of it ...Mn. SHOULD have a ladyseed. Some women like the idea of not having men around  :slap:, and just having women instructors. :bow:

There was one at Hinckley last year, but I think the next one should be Winona since that was where I had my first Appleseed and it is an easier drive for me.  ;D Haha, that is a bit selfish of me to request that.

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Trisha

Kosciusko

Quote from: Trisha on August 27, 2011, 11:26:25 PM
Quote from: sparks1 on August 27, 2011, 11:12:06 PM

There was one at Hinckley last year, but I think the next one should be Winona since that was where I had my first Appleseed and it is an easier drive for me.  ;D Haha, that is a bit selfish of me to request that.

I'm on the BoD  in Winona.      As part of  deal  I struck for holding Appleseeds,  I'm supposed to stay on the property pretty much at all times during Appleseed weekends.   I could remain  (minus my RedHat)  in or near my truck  over by the farm buildings for the duration of the shoot.  That's over 250  yards away from the firing line.   It would give you a   _nearly_   XY-chromosome-free event.      :)   

If you want to try and fit one in, let me know.

PS  The frontage is about enough for 25 people on the firing line.

Trisha

Quote from: Kosciusko on August 29, 2011, 01:28:00 PM

I'm on the BoD  in Winona.      As part of  deal  I struck for holding Appleseeds,  I'm supposed to stay on the property pretty much at all times during Appleseed weekends.   I could remain  (minus my RedHat)  in or near my truck  over by the farm buildings for the duration of the shoot.  That's over 250  yards away from the firing line.   It would give you a   _nearly_   XY-chromosome-free event.      :)   

If you want to try and fit one in, let me know.

PS  The frontage is about enough for 25 people on the firing line.

Alright, Aftermath and VMT if this is something you want to do this year let Kosciusko know. Some "Manslaves" are always welcome to help with set up, tear down and of course making us lunch! We had chicken and vegetable kabobs on Saturday and cheeseburgers on Sunday in Lodi...YUM!

Puma Mami

Quote from: Trisha on August 27, 2011, 11:26:25 PM
I think ladies in general will probably prefer Winona to Hinckley because it has a real bathroom and an actual clubhouse building. ; ) It's a further drive from the Twin Cities, but we have to get a room or camp at Hinckley anyway. So Winona would be good.

But now one of my friends that I thought would want to do a Ladyseed is thinking of Hinckley, and bringing her husband along, too.  O0

If we can get a Winona Ladyseed listed with the MN DNR "Becoming an Outdoors Woman" program online, we will probably fill the line that way. Sparks talked to the DNR guy that heads that up while we were at the event Saturday, and said he was receptive to doing that.

I guess it would need to either be in October or early November, or wait until spring, though.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

Trisha

What I would recommend is finding out how many women you could get to the Women's AS before it would even be posted. We had a very low turn out (1) at ours and we did a lot of promotion for it. Instructors, ask your wives, girlfriends, sisters, mothers, all the females you know and live somewhat near there to see if they would go. If we get them to go, they are more likely to bring someone with them.

sparks1

Puma: Real bathrooms???? Hinckley has real bathrooms.  >:D  At least compared to our founding fathers/mothers facilities.

Ladyseed??? Ms.Pam says she could be tempted....especially with manslaves cooking.  ^:)^
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

I like the LaCrescent angle myself.  It's got the same ammenities as Winona.  Except for a wider line. ^-^
It's a great range, and the club seemed real supportive. 
The one issue with it is the location:  Just minutes from both Winona and LaCrosse.  It's already a strong area.  That's likely why it didn't do so well, the last time.  However, if it's a Ladies' shoot, all that goes out the window.  And we can make use of an excellent resource.

Kosciusko, vmt193 should have the info.  LadySeed or not, we need to get back in there next year.
We need more locations on the schedule. 

If I was State Coordinator; here's how it would go down: 
SC calls up LaCrescent tries to set up a LadySeed, or two. ^-^  With an EXTRA event at Winona as a fallback plan. -In case they've forgotten about us.
SC would have AC to work the DNR angle.
Then the SC would appoint Sparks1 chief executive man-slave for all LadySeed events.
Aftermath could man the LP/OP. @)

October/November are still pretty open!

If I recall correctly - The one in Hinckley had a not-too-bad turnout for about a month's notice.

Anyway, that's what I would do.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

professor gun

You should visit the La Crosse Rifle Club which, by the way, is a few minutes from Gopher State Sportsman's Club in La Crescent.  La Crosse and Gopher State is the same area and will be drawing on the same population.
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

Puma Mami

Quote from: sparks1 on August 29, 2011, 08:45:25 PM
Puma: Real bathrooms???? Hinckley has real bathrooms.  >:D  At least compared to our founding fathers/mothers facilities.

Ladyseed??? Ms.Pam says she could be tempted....especially with manslaves cooking.  ^:)^
Yes, Hinckley works fine for me...but some ladies are a bit more particular.  ;)

I would be glad to see Pam at a shoot. I think she would have fun! Maybe it would be more fun before the snow comes, unless she likes being out in the snow all day...

Puma Mami

Quote from: Trisha on August 29, 2011, 04:15:08 PM
What I would recommend is finding out how many women you could get to the Women's AS before it would even be posted. We had a very low turn out (1) at ours and we did a lot of promotion for it. Instructors, ask your wives, girlfriends, sisters, mothers, all the females you know and live somewhat near there to see if they would go. If we get them to go, they are more likely to bring someone with them.
I would need to know some estimated dates and locations to find out if my friends could go. They are all very booked up on weekends.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: professor gun on August 29, 2011, 10:44:24 PM
You should visit the La Crosse Rifle Club which, by the way, is a few minutes from Gopher State Sportsman's Club in La Crescent.  La Crosse and Gopher State is the same area and will be drawing on the same population.

That's the idea!  Men go to La Crosse, and send thier reluctant wives to La Crescent. ;)

Cooper

I may have my Chicken Ridge Orchard DAR up and running in the coming months.  The shooting line and target line are mowed, and I posted and broke in my first targets on Sunday.  It's just outside of La Crescent, has plenty of space for primitive camping or RVs, and I can even add a second outhouse if needed!  >:D 

Should be able to get 15-20 on the line and a little aerobic exercise would be a free bonus when checking targets!  Large polebarn for lunch and history, fire ring for afterhours...  Lots of free apples too!

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Puma Mami

Quote from: Cooper on August 30, 2011, 09:13:45 PM
I may have my Chicken Ridge Orchard DAR up and running in the coming months.  The shooting line and target line are mowed, and I posted and broke in my first targets on Sunday.  It's just outside of La Crescent, has plenty of space for primitive camping or RVs, and I can even add a second outhouse if needed!  >:D 

Should be able to get 15-20 on the line and a little aerobic exercise would be a free bonus when checking targets!  Large polebarn for lunch and history, fire ring for afterhours...  Lots of free apples too!

Coop
That sounds great, Cooper!

What dates could you do that? If it's too cold by the time it could be put together, some of my friends would not want to be out camping in my tent with me, though. So an additional one in late April/early to mid-May would probably be good, too. If it's offered in warm (but not too hot) weather I can probably stir up several of the dance ladies, who always enjoy an adventure.  ;) They are often booked three months out, so advance planning helps a lot.

professor gun

Quote from: AFTERMATH on August 30, 2011, 09:01:24 PM
Quote from: professor gun on August 29, 2011, 10:44:24 PM

That's the idea!  Men go to La Crosse, and send thier reluctant wives to La Crescent. ;)

Why can't they shoot together?  My wife and I always have. 
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

Cooper

Prof Gun,
I believe they are corresponding regarding a "Ladyseed."
If you would like to register and dress "female" it might be approved at the discretion of the shoot boss.
If you would like me to pass on telephonic contact information, I would be happy to do so.  I have neither landline or mobile contact information for you.  This left me in an ackward but not particularly stressfy position earlier this morning.  Reply at your leisure.

"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim