News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor KD day returns

Started by yellowhousejake, August 02, 2011, 10:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

Q-source and I will be at the red roof inn. I hope we are still welcome at the bonfire.  :)

West

I will be there Friday night if there are any other campers.  Expect me around 7pm.  If no one else will be there Friday, then I will be there Saturday, and camp that night.

Also, I will be offering cleaning services - if you want your rifle cleaned after a full day of shooting just let me know and I will take care of it up until the point that it's too dark.  I will also be bringing a range of tools and rifle items so if you need repairs done, or things added, let me know.

West :))

hawkhavn

Superheat,

Sorry I am going to miss you on this one! We have an overfull shoot just down the road to take care of the same weekend.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

AuntieBellum

Rimshot and I will be camping both Friday and Saturday.

And my AR runs good dirty...I was almost sad that Rimshot cleaned it for me last week, but perhaps it was time after 10 months of shooting that included an RBC and a sandy day in Racine.   ;)

Thinking of group ideas for dinner Sat PM...
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

AuntieBellum

Sat nite dinner ideas:

Grill burgers and hot dogs

OR

Giant pot of chicken and noodles

Some super-scrumptious desserts - I could make and transport cherry or apple crisp pretty easily.  I don't have an easily moveable grill...or a giant pot...or a camp stove, actually.  But dessert I can do in advance.   O0

OutaAmmo

Sat Night Dinner Ideas:

I have a portable fish cooker.

I have cooked fish at Osage Beach RBC and at Ottawa IBC and had no complaints.  Deepfried Pollack (Walleye)

Would need some coleslaw/potato salad and rye bead for sides.

10lb box of fish feeds 20 hunger Appleseeders

AuntieBellum

jmdavis

Not food, but a few things that you will want to have if you have them.

1. Pen and notebook. There will be things that you want to write down.

2. If you have them bring binoculars or a spotting scope. Do not go out and buy either specifically for the KD but bring them if you have them. These will help you to spot your shots when they are marked by the pits.

3. A clipboard. Your AS clipboard will be fine. I will be printing out data sheets for everyone. These are 2up on 8.5x11 and have rifle, ammo and shot information specifically for D targets. I will also print some SR target data sheets for anyone interested in shooting the 200 yard High Power SR target.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

SPQR

I think Bill and Jake may have Databooks for people.

Edit: Bill and Jake do you guys still have some databooks?
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

yellowhousejake

Quote from: SPQR on September 14, 2011, 05:03:07 PM
I think Bill and Jake may have Databooks for people.

Edit: Bill and Jake do you guys still have some databooks?

You and Bill have all the current supply of DataBooks. I'll have one for my M1 and one for .5's AR.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Texas Rifleman

Sounds like a blast, wish you guys were closer !!!!
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

AuntieBellum

Quote from: Texas Rifleman on September 14, 2011, 08:50:13 PM
Sounds like a blast, wish you guys were closer !!!!

You know, we're not THAT far away.   ;)

As far as things to bring, I'll have a spotting scope and binoculars.  I don't have a super fancy stand for the spotting scope like the high power shooters, but it should do the job anyway.  Do we want any kind of cover to put to the side for breaks?  I can bring shade, I just need to know before I start loading up as it goes on the bottom of the stack.   ;D

How's our menu looking?  I have one chance at about 1pm EST tomorrow to stop at a real grocery store, so if there's anything special I need to pick up for baking or cooking, I'll need to know by then.  I can even stop at a GFS at that point if that's the better option.

Anything else I need to bring, just give me a call.  Most of you have my number.   I'll be up for awhile.  This hotel room smells funny.

ITB

Quote from: hawkhavn on September 11, 2011, 09:18:39 PM
Superheat,

Sorry I am going to miss you on this one! We have an overfull shoot just down the road to take care of the same weekend.

HH

Ditto.  You know, some of us are busy getting folks off the couch and making Riflemen.  Event to Shoot Boss and such.....

I'm really bummed I'm missing this.  Would've loved the opportunity to shoot a FD AQT with the Garand.

West - hope to see you another time.  Glad to see you back stateside.  Thank you for your service.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

West

ITB,

Too bad I am going to miss you, and Miki also.  Nice picture by the way, if you won't do it with a pink rifle, then don't bother!

I am going to bring food for myself, I have a strict diet, but I do have access to the chow halls if people want food I am more than willing to pick stuff up.  There are two or three on post, and a Base Exchange and probably a commissary.  If we need anything, don't hesitate to ask, and I will be making runs for ice.

Do we have a couple of big coolers coming so we can fill them with water?  It's going to be warm and sunny this weekend, and even though it is cooling off, hydration is neccessary (BILL!). 

Make sure everyone brings weather appropriate gear as we do not have cover (apparently?) and it looks to be chilly at night (scoot closer to the campfire).

Bill, how much are those data books?  I want to buy a few....

West :))

Superheat

I have a 10 x 10 portable canopy.  Just say the word and I will bring it.  I "assumed" that we would be moving the firing line all day and a canopy would be useless. 

yellowhousejake

I will be bringing a construction water cooler. If AB brings hers we can have one in the pits and one at the 500 yd line for filling water bottles.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

AuntieBellum

I'll bring my water cooler then, too.  I also have 5 lbs of pasta salad, two large bags of potato chips, and whatever baked goods materialize from my kitchen.
The firing line will be moving, but we're not using the width of the entire range. I'll bring my pop up and we can use it or not. See you tomorrow/ Saturday!

Patriot Gal

We'll bring our 10x10 EZ-up and both coolers for water.  I'll be glad to bring apples and granola bars for everyone to munch on during the day.  Can't really do the perishables so AB and OA, we'll help with the $$ for the food you bring and anyone else for that matter. 

Already have our AS log books and covers from Voodoo Tactical-nice!  You know, Voodoo tactical will give AS instructors a huge discount, but the order have to go through CM at the owner's request, b/c he only wants to deal with one person.  But the discount is good! We met him at the NRA show in PA.

Really looking forward to this weekend!!!

Thanks everyone!!!
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

Quote from: yellowhousejake on August 23, 2011, 01:49:27 AM
Quote from: SPQR on August 23, 2011, 12:25:28 AM
Well i hope you all have fun.

We happy few, however, will be running a shoot at Bedford with 50 to 100 shooters.  While you all sun yourselves at the shooting resort of Camp Atterbury we will be Saving the Country with our deft instructing skill and selling M1s with my eloquence.

I can't wait for your AAR. What will it be this time?

"As I passed the time on the Siberian Tundra waiting for my water to boil, the silence was broken by the sound of hoof beats. A rider approached, dusty and tired from the five day ride, thirsty as well I thought. I offered him the last of my darjeeling seeping in the pot, and waited for him to sooth his parched throat. 'We need a shoot boss' were his only words. I had already saddled my pony..."

YHJ

LOLOLOLOL
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

OutaAmmo

Joanne  and I are bringing the fish and fish fryer, would be nice to have someone bring some side dishes to go along with the fish (i.e. potato salad, cole slaw, cookies, brownies or whatever)  We will have the tarter sauce and snake oil (malt vinegar) for the fish. 
OutaAmmo

Patriot Gal

Okay!  I'll bring the fixin's for coleslaw and bunches of brownies!!

Will someone volunteer the plates and plasticware?

Thanks for the offer of ice, West.  I'll need some for the coleslaw and for the water.  Probably easier just to get it at the base than to try to find it Sat. on the way in. 

See you soon!

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

AuntieBellum

AuntieBellum

If convenient, would someone be able to bring some toilet paper? Thanks!

yellowhousejake

Have a spare roll or two in my truck, just for that!

YHJ

YHJ