News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor KD day returns

Started by yellowhousejake, August 02, 2011, 10:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

When we use my 03 for a demo I always get to explain that very thing when people ask what the On/Off switch is for. 
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

POC

Duh...I was reloading all 6 back into the box.  I only have to load 4.  Or single load them as you all suggested, which, more than likely would be quicker.

:thumbsup:
To all Riflemen on the planet; we are here; we are waiting.

OutaAmmo

Quote from: dragonfly on August 09, 2011, 09:00:35 PM
Yes 40, and a score of 200 and above  :cool2: .

D-fly

What is the course of fire and at what disatance?  Rapid and slow fire?

OutaAmmo

AuntieBellum

Quote from: OutaAmmo on August 16, 2011, 03:54:35 PM
Quote from: dragonfly on August 09, 2011, 09:00:35 PM
Yes 40, and a score of 200 and above  :cool2: .

D-fly

What is the course of fire and at what disatance?  Rapid and slow fire?

OutaAmmo

Take the 25m CoF and shoot it all at one target (pits will pull and score in between each stage).  Stage 1: 100 yds, Stage 2: 200 yds, etc.   Everything else is the same.  O0

Unless Bill 3 decides to do something funky, that is...  :cool2:
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Rimshot

^:)^  My time off request for KD weekend got approved!  ^:)^
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

AuntieBellum

Quote from: Rimshot on August 22, 2011, 10:57:30 PM
^:)^  My time off request for KD weekend got approved!  ^:)^

Guess that means I'll be ready to share my tent with a smelly boy.   ;D

But I'm not sharing my ammo - I have to draw the line somewhere.   &)

SPQR

Well i hope you all have fun.

We happy few, however, will be running a shoot at Bedford with 50 to 100 shooters.  While you all sun yourselves at the shooting resort of Camp Atterbury we will be Saving the Country with our deft instructing skill and selling M1s with my eloquence.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

AuntieBellum

:bow: :bow: :bow: to the ever-heroic SPQR.  Thank you taking on the task of awakening those droves of Americans among the corn stalks.

But we'll be able to shoot KD gooder than you.   >:D

yellowhousejake

Quote from: SPQR on August 23, 2011, 12:25:28 AM
Well i hope you all have fun.

We happy few, however, will be running a shoot at Bedford with 50 to 100 shooters.  While you all sun yourselves at the shooting resort of Camp Atterbury we will be Saving the Country with our deft instructing skill and selling M1s with my eloquence.

I can't wait for your AAR. What will it be this time?

"As I passed the time on the Siberian Tundra waiting for my water to boil, the silence was broken by the sound of hoof beats. A rider approached, dusty and tired from the five day ride, thirsty as well I thought. I offered him the last of my darjeeling seeping in the pot, and waited for him to sooth his parched throat. 'We need a shoot boss' were his only words. I had already saddled my pony..."

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

techres

While the others play, SPQR will be leading the charge:

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more..."
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Nickle

About the 1903, 03-A3 and 1917, you can reload with stripper clips.

Do NOT use the same stripper clips that the M14 uses, they are the wrong size.

If you search eBay or Gun Broker, you can usually find Swedish Strippers  ++) (for the Swedish Mausers, get your minds out of the gutter. They work well, and last.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

DaveD

My Saturday is tied up with the Cloverdale 1 Day, but I just might make it for Sunday.

Got to get some ammo loaded though.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

Bill 3

Let us know what time so we can meet you at range control...

None of that funny stuff with the huge drop now.   **)

Quote from: DaveD on August 23, 2011, 07:46:31 PM
My Saturday is tied up with the Cloverdale 1 Day, but I just might make it for Sunday.

Got to get some ammo loaded though.
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

SPQR

The Siberian Tundra is frozen, there is no dust.  I was thinking about relating a story from when I went on holiday with Reinhold Messner and we ended up traversing the Taklamakan Dessert on foot to escape Uyghur bandits. 

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Rimshot

Reinhold Messner?  Wasn't he my high school gym teacher?

Oh that was George Newsman.  Carry on, then.
:P

"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

yellowhousejake

Quote from: SPQR on August 24, 2011, 08:38:21 PM
The Siberian Tundra is frozen, there is no dust.  I was thinking about relating a story from when I went on holiday with Reinhold Messner and we ended up traversing the Taklamakan Dessert on foot to escape Uyghur bandits.

Depends on the time of year and the location, and whether or not Stalin`s slaves laid gravel roads.

Mike Hammer never used an Enfield rifle either, but he always smelled cordite after a gun was fired. Embrace the story... embrace it...

YHJ

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

SPQR

"we burned during the day and froze during the night.  The only fuel we had for fire was the camel's dung.  We collected it like it was precious gold.  We the camel died of exhaustion, we burned it too."  Dude, look up Reinhold Messner, the guy was badass

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

KYWindage

I did, but Chuck Norris came over and wanted me to try out his new hanglider.......
"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct

techres

Alright, alright.  Back to work.

Do we have a list of attendees?
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

yellowhousejake

Me as an instructor and shooter, Brian Heeter as a shooter.

No one else has sent me any of the required info to attend.

YHJ

YHJ

brianheeter

I kinda like the instructor to shooter ratio!
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

yellowhousejake

Well we got plenty of time yet, and I understand Bill has several folks who plan to attend, so just the number of emails to me for main gate info is not a good indicator. There will be a message posted here reminding folks to email their info if they want to attend, about two weeks prior.

YHJ

YHJ

AuntieBellum

Info incoming via email tonight.

Now if I could just find somebody to show me how to use this funny machine that makes ammo.   ::)

yellowhousejake

Quote from: AuntieBellum on August 30, 2011, 09:09:43 PM
Info incoming via email tonight.

Now if I could just find somebody to show me how to use this funny machine that makes ammo.   ::)

I can, but I might need to run a few hundred rounds through it for my rifle, just to make sure it is set up right for you O0

YHJ

YHJ

AuntieBellum

BUMP!  Anyone else gonna sign up?  Everyone sent their info in, right???   ???

Bill 3

Last Call for complete info.  If you are planning to attend, I need the following done in total:

• If not specifically listed as an instructor, you must be signed up on EventBrite
  • Full Name as on your legal identification
  • City, State, and Zip of current residence
  • Forum Name
  • Date of Birth
  • A contact phone number

For each rifle:

• Make
  • Model
  • Caliber
  • Serial #

If your info is incomplete you will not shoot and may not be allowed on base.  If you are allowed on base and your rifle information is not complete, you risk your rifle(s).

This information must be complete and turned into YHJ and myself(Bill 3) by 10pm(CDT) on Monday, Sept. 12th, 2011.  Late information will not be accepted.

Thank you

- WRWIII
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

OutaAmmo

Anyone camping besides me?

Is anyone doing lunch or do we need to brown bag it?  Maybe deep fried bacon wrapped Twinkies on a stick.

How many are signed up?

OutaAmmo

brianheeter

Quote from: OutaAmmo on September 10, 2011, 05:04:07 PM

Maybe deep fried bacon wrapped Twinkies on a stick.

Mmmmm....  deep-fried bacon-wrapped Twinkies...aaaahhhhhhh....  Oh! *ahem*  Sorry.

The one time I've done this before we stayed pretty busy.  As I recall (no guarantee that I do that accurately) we had lunch when we were in the pit minding the targets (I was in the 1st relay to shoot).  A sub sandwich with nothing that will make it soggy is my typical choice ('cause I get it the night before since I'm on the move before Subway opens).

I will only be there on Saturday and I won't be camping.  Following the thread, so far it is just me, AuntiBellum and YHJ.  I'm sure someone will reply with a tally of who is signed up.

Last time was a blast.  Can't wait to do it again.

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Bill 3

Hi All,

The number of people attending is currently 19-20 from three different states.  Once I have everyone's info complete, I can confirm that number.  Brian, I need you to get signed up on EB if you haven't since the last call post.  I would encourage everyone to camp and we have "occupation" of the range from 1800L on Friday until 1800L on Sunday.  I will get there on Friday as well as some others that I know will be there Friday and camping on range for the weekend.

An email with complete details will go out to everyone that provided the needed information after the roster is finalized tomorrow.

"deep fried bacon wrapped twinkies...."   Bacon..... it goes with everything!

Looking forward to a great weekend!

Bill 3

Also,

Anyone not planning on being there for both Saturday and Sunday should PM me with there time schedule.

- WRWIII