News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DAR Speech

Started by Marpat Pippi, July 26, 2011, 07:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marpat Pippi

I just tenatively booked a speech with the local DAR. They do everything way in advance, so it may not be until February, but they are going to put me in their program sometime this year. ^:)^

She would like me to focus on the Dangerous Dames and I will probably give some condensed strikes.

I will need to come up with a catchy title for my talk, and of course the specifics. If anyone wanted to suggest a catchy title (or anything else) ideas are welcome.  :)

SavageShootr

MP

Nicely done!

I will give some thought to a title for your discussion.

Something along the lines of Revolutionary Women comes to mind.

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Marpat Pippi

I was thinking "Ladies of Liberty" for starters.

Xeyed

Consider keeping  Dangerous Dames as it is respectful and appropriate.

Did a quick Google and could find nothing offensive.

A Dame may be:

Dame (title), a female title of rank, equivalent to 'Sir' used as the title of a knight
    Dame Slang term for any woman

Willingly admit that  I am not hip to the current urban phraseology.  8)
One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

Cookie

I remember when I was selected to go to a DAR/SAR luncheon. I think its awesome that you are goimg to speak at one. When I went they had a reinactor. But going to that made me do some research and I found out that one of my ancestors fought in the American Revolution. Good luck on your speech.

Cookie
There are people who try to be cool but it is those who lead the way that actually are. -Words of Ethan Stites

When you react to something in a negative manner, be it anger or fear. You just failed the Ego Ball & Dummy. -Spoken by Fred at the IL AIBC 7/24/2011

This planet is a test. If it wasn't then there would be intelligent humans. -Fred

Blue Five

Great, MP!  O0 O0

Keep us updated! 
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

ColoradoBoots

Great book to read for stories is Revolutionary Mothers by Carol Berkin.  Great background info on camp followers, Torries and my favorite out of the book Mammie Kate.  Kate rescued Steven Heard by putting him in a laundry basket on her head and walking out of the prison where he was held.  He ended up becoming the governor of Georgia. 

Colorado Boots
ColoradoBoots

A dame that knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up.
Mae West

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine