News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Reloading ,any one in my ao if you want to learn

Started by Wade, July 19, 2011, 06:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wade

If any one in my ao wants to learn how to reload there own ammo send me a pm I am home from time to time I would be happy to coach you on how to reload , and then you can decide if reloading is for you or not with out having to buy equipment and supplys  O0,,note if You do decide to reload your own buy data books and reloading books  not to worry I can put togather a list(small).

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Wade

Offer of showing how to reload still stands ,,looks like I should be home before the next shoot  dec 31 jan 1st.

Wade
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Old Dog

Anyone wanting to save money, (usually) make ammo more accurate than factory loads for their rifle/handgun, and learning to be less reliant on the local gun store/walmart should take Wade up on this offer.

I've been trying to get my youngest son to reload for years with no success.  Recently he bought a .40 S&W handgun (I don't have one, never will and have no stock of ammo for it) and decided he wanted to start coyote hunting (so I gave him a Savage bolt action rifle in .223 Remington).

His first reloading session was to try five different powders in .223 Rem. to see if he could find what his rifle liked best.  The H335 gave him the smallest groups.   Yesterday he sat down to reload 100 rounds of that same "recipe" and before he was done he'd gone through a whole 1 lb. can of H335 and had a jug of about 250 rounds of very accurate .223 ammo for his varmint rifle (who knows, it might shoot good in his AR15, too, but he hasn't tried it yet.)

He sat down Thanksgiving day and loaded almost 400 rounds of .40 S&W ammo for his pistol.  He started out to load a 100 rounds, found out reloading is no big chore and can be kind of fun (learning, doing, and having more ammo to shoot when you go to the range) and he just kept going to he'd gone through all the brass we'd been accumulating.

Folks, reloading can be very rewarding both from a cost savings over time and from time spent with the kids teaching them when they get big enough (or finally get interested).

Rifleman should be taking advantage of learning new skills that support being a rifleman.  I think reloading your own ammo is one of those skills.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

George Hacker

Wade, are you getting any responses to your offer to teach reloading?  I hope so - reloading is a lot of fun.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

WAshooter

I have heard it said that reloading will not save you money on shooting, it allows you to shoot alot more for the same Money

wcmartin1

Quote from: WAshooter on January 29, 2012, 10:46:37 PM
I have heard it said that reloading will not save you money on shooting, it allows you to shoot alot more for the same Money

True dat.
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Wade

Well reloading does not save money on one hand since you end up up shoottting more for the same money another  good thing about reloading is since you had to take the time to load up the ammo one tends to take the best shot they can ( you allready have time invested in it  whats a little more) So  for the same money you get more trigger time your trying harder and learning more  I see it as a  Win Win Win  O yea and better ammo so there is another WIN  so for abit of time you get 4 Win's,,,how can you beat that ?

Wade
WOOF!

wcmartin1

Quote from: Wade on March 18, 2012, 04:23:31 PM
Well reloading does not save money on one hand since you end up up shoottting more for the same money another  good thing about reloading is since you had to take the time to load up the ammo one tends to take the best shot they can ( you allready have time invested in it  whats a little more) So  for the same money you get more trigger time your trying harder and learning more  I see it as a  Win Win Win  O yea and better ammo so there is another WIN  so for abit of time you get 4 Win's,,,how can you beat that ?

Wade

And the process of reloading is also an enjoyable stress reliever.
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Atmosfear

I would be interested in taking you up on it, where is your "ao"??

usmcdocj

Quote from: Atmosfear on July 19, 2012, 12:56:45 PM
I would be interested in taking you up on it, where is your "ao"??

+1  Also interested if you are still offering.  Where yat?
"The moment one proclaims superiority is the same moment others should start to question that very thing."