News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Salem, OH July 9-10, 2011

Started by EZ3, July 11, 2011, 07:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

First, a big THANK YOU to the Salem Hunting Club for doing a great job of hosting their 2nd annual Project Appleseed event.  This club has outstanding facilities, including a sweet rifle range (at a reasonable price, if you happen to live in the area).  Jake, who is an officer of the club, fed us well, carted our gear to the firing line each morning, and back in the afternoon, and generally spoiled students and instructors all weekend.  He even got to shoot a little.

Seventeen students, two of them returning Riflemen, came out to soak up the rays, the marksmanship instruction, and some American heritage.  Three juniors did an outstanding job on the line and during instruction.  Louis was particularly helpful to Birdman during his IMC presentation.  We discovered three new Riflemen, and one returning Rifleman re-qualified.

The "AQT Grind" in the Sunday afternoon heat proved to be a gruelling test for the shooters and their rifles, and hopefully provided a good stepping-stone for those who haven't earned their patch...Yet!

HUZZAH!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Birdman

Another great Appleseed at Salem Hunting Club, Salem, Ohio. Thank you Jake (and Jake's wife) for being such fine hosts.  You both are amazing and we thank you for everything you do to help Americans find what they are truly about. Please thank the club directors and members for again allowing us to use your fine facilities and range.

Thank you to the shooters that came both days knowing in advance that we were all going to be cooked well done by the end of the day.  It was an honor to be present to see steady improvement in marksmanship.  It was great to see the 3 juniors, the future of the country, having a great time, and listening well to the points of instruction.

Thanks Louis for helping the grownups learn the fine points of IMC.  I can sleep a bit easier knowing guys like you are following our footprints, and will continue on after our footsteps fade away.

I hope all the shooters had a great time and will continue to work on the six steps, NPOA, rifleman's cadence, and the other things we tried to teach you. Most of all, I hope we awakened something in you that catches fire, something that you have to share to others, what it really means to be an American.  You are now part of the "phone tree". It is your duty and honor to carry the message farther into the "wilderness".

Thanks to Shoot Boss EZ3, Redhat Falcon, and MrHappy for spending another weekend away from family to be with another sort of family. 

Here are a few pictures, just so you all know it really happened!:

EZ3 going over safety

1st Redcoat

MrHappy watching the line

Maybe not a 210 on the AQT, but what gosh darn big holes!

Gunsmoke fills the air...uh no...just a sunscreen smudge on the lens

MrHappy still watching the line

Day 2 review of the sitting position

That's a real nice shirt ya got there Jessica, where can I get one?

In the shade at Salem Hunting Club

The team star winners. Yep, they beat the IITs :)

Juniors Bubba and Mason with their second place star. (the juniors are the two shorter ones down front)

Mark, Rifleman...X2!

Rifleman Patricia doing it again

Juniors Bubba and Mason getting their patches and Appleseed stickers

Cory, Rifleman. Salem Hunting Club member

Brian, Rifleman, Falcon and EZ3

Even though this is a dummy rifle, this is the uncomfortable view downrange of a rifleman who truly knows what he is about

slim

"The juniors are the two shorter ones down front."  ;D

Looks like an awesome event. Huzzah!

Ratchett

Thank you Salem Hunting Club!! Sorry I missed the shoot this year, looks like a great time was had by all!

What a super looking line of Patriotic Americans soaking up the heritage of this country and the skill set of marksmanship!! ..:.. ^:)^ ..:..

Thank you EZ and falcon for border raiding and helping the Buckeyes have another successful shoot.

See you all on the trail soon,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

MrHappy

Another fine weekend in the sun. It was HOT! I'm finally starting to forget last winter. A big THANK YOU to EZ3 and Falcon for crossing borders and running the shoot. Imagine the outcome of April 19, 1775 if neighbors hadn't come to the aid of neighbors. Congratulations to Birdman for winning IIT3, now comes the hard part, learning all the history but what glorious history it is!
Salem Hunting Club is a beautiful range run by wonderful people. Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Jake for your hospitality and hogies so big one could cool off in the shade of them.
Congratulations to our new and repeat Riflemen and a WELL DONE  to everyone who participated. I saw many of you work hard at the fundamentals and reap the rewards on your targets.  Keep at it and you will qualify!
All in all, capital, simply capital!
Give me Liberty or give me Death
Slaves don't dream of being free. Slaves dream of being Masters ~ August Stetten