News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Outbreak Omega Zombie Shoot, Ahlmans, Morristown-MN, anybody going ?

Started by Kosciusko, July 08, 2011, 01:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kosciusko

http://www.outbreakomega.com/

Meeting up w/ Habs, Mary, & Kenji there tomorrow.  Maybe do some 7th stepping.

anybody else?

Remember, if you're prepared for zombies, you're prepared for anything!

Blue Five

"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Kosciusko

Quote from: Blue Five on July 09, 2011, 01:09:23 AM
Have fun, Kevin, and good luck 7th stepping!  O0 O0

I called Habs.  He's already there, 7th stepping folks around the campfire.  His neighbors are from Iowa and are interested.

Blue Five

"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

AFTERMATH

Wish I'd have seen this Friday!  Darn!

Hope everything went well!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Kosciusko

Quote from: AFTERMATH on July 11, 2011, 08:54:30 PM
Wish I'd have seen this Friday!  Darn!

Hope everything went well!

It was   _hot_,   the ice trick worked well. 

7th stepped a couple dozen people while standing in line, left a big pile of tri-folds on the free table at the entrance.

I got to shoot a full-auto M-4 for the cost of the ammo.  That was a hoot.     :~

Lots of interesting people,  I would say "our kind of people", given the amount of hardware that was on display.      :---

Pistols everywhere.  I felt out of place until  Habs loaned me his Enfield #4, Mk II.  Lots and lots of rifles, mostly AR-15s, in every  caliber and configuration you could imagine, including one in 7.62x25 Tokarev that takes PPSh43 mags.    I got to shoot that one at the Winona range.

Most bays were 25 yards and under, but they did have at least one that was 100 yards. 

Was wondering about trying to get  a bay for Appleseed.   

Call me crazy, but give me feedback on this idea:         #)

Offer  a chance to shoot either a 60-second Redcoat (preferred, given the number of attendees and the limited time)  or a 4-minute rapid-fire AQT, using standard AS rules (no bipod, no sandbag, etc.)   

If the shooter cleans the Redcoat or scores 210 or better on an AQT,  a free AS T-shirt ? 

7th step anybody who comes within earshot, tri-folds, etc. 

Work in the zombie theme thus:  "Your ancestors defeated the Redcoats in the Revolutionary War  w/  black powder rifles.  Now, 237 years later, hordes of undead zombie Redcoats threaten our shores.   Can you shoot as well as the men of 1775?    Find out right here, right now.  If you can qualify , see about joining us and becoming an instructor;  if you can't qualify, join us, and let us teach you how.

You have a rifle, but are you  a Rifleman?"

OK, now you can call me twice crazy.     ++)

AFTERMATH

Kevin, you wanna set it up?  We can certainly do something!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Kosciusko

Ok, I'll check it out.  Habs will be going, so that's 2 of us to start.