News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Casselton ND, June 4th and 5th

Started by Sven, June 07, 2011, 08:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven

The first ever Appleseed Event was held in Casselton ND last week at the Cass County Wildlife Club Rifle Range, couldn't ask for a nicer two days for shooting and sharing some history.  The club was very hospitable and I would encourage any Appleseeders in the area to become members, at $20 per year the membership is dirt cheap and the club deserves our support.  O0

While we had 15 participants registered in advance apparantly the floods in Bismark required the attention of several of our registrants so on Saturday we began with 12 shooters and were joined by Roger S who joined two of his children and a family friend.  Mercedes, Michael and Maria all shot very well on both days and should be able to make thier Rifleman scores with a little persistancy, they certainly have a great resource in Roger.  Roger had qualified as a Rifleman last year and handily shot Rifleman again with a 230, maybe an orange hat in the future?  :cool2:

Matt and Kristi joined us and had been at the Elk River AS last year, this time they left the kids at home and worked on the shooting skills of thier own, it paid off as Matt scored his Rifleman's patch on Sunday with the infamous 210, but getting dunked on Sunday wasn't much of a problem as warm as it was.  Kristi fought some equipment issues on Saturday and made steady progress throughout the weekend.  Keep at it Kristi, you too will get the coveted patch.  Congratulations to Matt in joining the ranks of Applecore, he has been promoting Appleseed in the Fargo/Moorhead region this last year and we look forward to his continued success in these efforts.   ~~:)

Ray and his son Frank also joined us again from last year's Elk River AS, Frank showed tremendous improvement from last year.  Ray is to be commended on efforts over the last year, he obviously took his instruction to heart and he and Frank will be Rifleman before too long for sure, you betcha.  ::)

7.62 not only instructed at this AS but was instrumental in filling a quarter of the line with his friends Matt, Joe and Nick.  Joe and Nick became believers in the efficiency of the LTR in shooting at 25 meters and put away thier AR's and bought a couple of Marlin 795's Saturday night.  They came back Sunday to shoot some much less expensive 22 LR ammo.  I fully expect to see tech sights on these rifles the next time I see them.   &)

Todd and his son Hunter were only able to join us on Saturday but they made great progress, Todd had a really nicely set up AR,  this was thier first time at an AS and there was a lot of learnin goin on and at the end of the day the results were impressive.  8)

A special thanks to Sparks for coming up from the cities to help out on Saturday, you were a big help.  I would've really been hurting without you there.  @)

7.62 is not only progressing as an instructor he has valuable assets as a promoter also.  Keep it up you'll be an asset to the AS program no matter where your work takes you, I look forward to seeing you as a Red Hat soon.

All in all a great weekend, the North Dakota AS is starting to take off with a number of shoots scheduled for this year, they even did an indoor AS in Minot last winter.  I look forward to seeing a great growing program up there.
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

sparks1

^:)^ Congratulations Matt...I know the North Bridge water dousing isn't the best way to go...but RIFLEMAN !!!!! Good work.
Ray and Frank...way to persevere. That dry firing will bring the skills around.

Sorta knew the Marlins would be obtained along with ammo. A rifle is a rifle and those will allow you to do the work to get the rifleman's patch with less expenditure. Then do some distance shooting with the AR's.

I see some more Appleseeds in the future for all the shooters. The Sportsmans club is a great venue...get another Appelseed on the  books and I will gladly come for instructing.

Thanks Sven and 7.62...I had a great time.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Sven

Try this again, Photo?!  Minnesota's newest Rifleman, Mr_C, congratulations.
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

Sven

This is going to be slow, it appears I can only post one photo at a time.  Six steps instruction..

Sven

Shooters preparing for the next string of fire.

Sven

More Photos.  O0

Sven

Todd and his son Hunter

Sven

Ray and his son Frank prepping magazines for the next course of fire  :---

Sven

Matt and Kristi, getting ready for an AQT.

Sven

Teams 7.62 and Sayler,  O0

Sven

Rapid Fire AQT

ndrifleman

Wish I could have been there!  Thanks for the pictures.
"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand. " Psalm 149:6

"The glorious inheritance which our fathers left us we must never betray.We must seize the torch from their hands, and transmit it with increasing brightness to distant generations." James Thornwell

sparks1

Quote from: ndrifleman on June 08, 2011, 08:58:24 PM
Wish I could have been there!  Thanks for the pictures.

You have some very happy Appleseeders from your state now. Get another shoot at Casselton when you can be there. Look forward to it.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)