News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Congratulations to California's Newest Redhat...Leonidas!!!

Started by Freeman, May 25, 2011, 02:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeman

Leonidas is the newest man with the hat. Leonidas is an invaluable addition to the instructor team, bringing as much passion for Appleseed as anyone. Leonidas was offered the Orange hat just a few months ago. In that short time he has worked a lot of shoots all over Southern California to earn his red hat at break neck speed. He has also done a libraryseed or two to boot. Welcome to Club Re Hat.
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

LayloPro

Yep!! He surely did!! O0 ^:)^ ..:.. :))

Found a neat way to make a Marine giggle like Elmo tho'....perhaps Jeff may find this spot & post the picture..... **) **) %) :cool2: ;D

He has done a surprising amount of historical research & learning to be able to fluently converse in the facts of "the Day".....
Fun seeing this next wave of instructors coming up.....I like the fact we haven't "used up all the good ones"!!

Leonidas, congrats!! It was fun having you come out when talking about the program a bit to our little group on Sunday....and you are more than welcome to return to the IE any time.....

We've got this one old kinda grumpy Marine that likes "new faces"....... **) **) **) :))

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

Evenstar

'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

passinthru

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
Thomas Jefferson

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Francis Marion

Leonidas is the only guy to score '300' while shooting an AQT... he's California's 300th Rifleman!

Well done, Joseph.  You're all set to improve and educate your fellow Americans.  Thank you.

Leonidas

Thank you everyone, I would like to say that when a person accomplishes a task he does not only represent his own labor and talents, but reflects the talent and labor of his teachers. I appreciate the hard work that has been put forth by Chris, Steve, Justin, Francis, Ain, Mark, Cameron, Peter, Bob, Dan, Jackie, Cameron, Michael, and every other instructor I have had the pleasure to work with. Without your expert tutelage I would not be an instructor nor would I be the Patriot I am today. I really feel as if we are a not only a team, but a family. Thank you.. ;) Everyone keep up the good work and I'll see you on the trail. I submit to you evidence that laylopro is keeping up the Navy tradition of close contact with handsome men (See Pics below)
"I love the People of Boston. I once thought, that City would be the Christian Sparta. But Alas! Will men never be free! They will be free no longer than while they remain virtuous. Sidney tells us, there are times when People are not worth saving. Meaning, when they have lost their Virtue. I pray God, this may never be truly said of my beloved Town." Samuel Adams

asminuteman

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

Leonidas

Laylopro is on the left, and the devastatingly handsome guy on the right is me.
"I love the People of Boston. I once thought, that City would be the Christian Sparta. But Alas! Will men never be free! They will be free no longer than while they remain virtuous. Sidney tells us, there are times when People are not worth saving. Meaning, when they have lost their Virtue. I pray God, this may never be truly said of my beloved Town." Samuel Adams

passinthru

:-[ :-[ :-[
Oh mYYYYY!!!!,   I posted w/o knowing about those Laylo pics...................... ::) ::) ::)   :o :o    :sos:
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
Thomas Jefferson

asminuteman

LayloPro

Heh!!   ;D ;D **) ..:.. :))

Way to make a Marine giggle like Elmo??  **) **) **) **)
Tickle him like Elmo!!  :cool2: ;D ;D ;D :))

He looks much less intimidating when he's laughing like a young lad.......more like a young Spartan lad, in fact....... ^:)^ **) **) **) %) O0 :))

Things the military taught us.......... :sos: @) ++) ..:.. ;D

LLP

"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Mr Pete

Nice hat!  I relish the history talks during the AA dinner.  Gotta do more of those!

-Peter
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

ChadC

-Chad