News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Corona, CA May 21-22, 2011

Started by Freeman, May 25, 2011, 01:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeman

Just another beautiful weekend with Appleseed.

Saturday opened up with near ideal weather. The rains of January and February's shoots were gone, as were the gnats that plagued us in March. In their place was a sunny morning of about 75 degrees and 11 shooters eager to see what Appleseed is all about.

From the start of the event, I knew we had a good group. To a person, everyone was quick to pickup the safety rules and all quickly, safely and eager brought their rifles to the line to shoot the first redcoat of the weekend. When the results were in, the group had thoroughly beaten the 100 yard targets to a pulp. The group would clearly have trounced the advancing red coats before they had gotten in range.

Before long, it was clear that we had some returning Appleseeders. Pearce, one of our returning riflemen, was quick to show sub-4 MOA groups. His buddy Mike was not far behind and by the first AQT was already giving everyone a run for their money. Just to their right was Derf and his AR, competing with the best of the line.

Returning Appleseeders Jessie and Basil were also quick to get back into the swing of things. Both had very good AQT scores come the end of the day. Though I hadn't realized it until we got to the sitting position part of the day, Jessie is a bit of a legend in the IE Appleseed community. We all remember the girl back in October that was able to put her elbows on the ground while in the cross-legged position. To this day, we still mention, if are flexible enough to get your elbows on the ground like this one girl we had at Appleseed a few months back....

On the topic of legends, Mr. Pete and his wife Sandy showed up to shoot with us. Mr. Pete brought his super race gun to make us all jealous. Suffice it to say, Mr. Pete was scary accurate with that thing. I certainly wouldn't want to be his red coat target. Sandy on the other hand, showed us some amazing progress with her regular 10/22. I can't help but think we may have the next husband/wife instructor combo here...

On the far end of the line we had the trio of Nathan, Ryan and Jarom slugging it out to see who could shoot the best. All three started the day with some nice groups and ended the day with some more than respectable AQTs. I don't know who went home this last weekend with the best score, but I do know it was hard fought. Expect to see all three make rifleman very soon.

Our most notable shooter was Benji however. Relatively new to shooting, he started the day struggling to get on the paper. By the end of the first day, he was already turning in marksman scores on the AQT. By my estimation, he improved his score by a factor of 20 in one day. I'm pretty sure there is a record of some sort there.

When the dust settled and the early pangs of soreness from shooting all day set in, Pearce had soundly gotten himself requalified on the AQT. Due to a scoring error on my part, he didn't get recognized at the benediction, but he did make the score with some room to spare. CONGRATULATIONS PEARCE, RIFLEMAN AGAIN!

Photos to follow.
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

Leonidas

"I love the People of Boston. I once thought, that City would be the Christian Sparta. But Alas! Will men never be free! They will be free no longer than while they remain virtuous. Sidney tells us, there are times when People are not worth saving. Meaning, when they have lost their Virtue. I pray God, this may never be truly said of my beloved Town." Samuel Adams

jshoebot

Here's a picture of Jessie in her "seated prone" position!

And here's pictures I took from the Raptureseed!  Err.. I mean Appleseed! :D

The new red hat!

Liberty or death.

"If you want government to intervene domestically, you're a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you're a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you're a moderate. If you don't want government to intervene anywhere, you're an extremist."

LayloPro

Heh!
As usual, a fun time was had by all....attendees, and Instructors....
We had a couple of folks up from San Diego way to partake the "IE Flavor", and they seemed to respond well to it...

Leonidas had his hat change color, and red does indeed seem to be a more "normal" color for him......wear it well, pal.....we have folks watching!! ..:..

There were several folks who had some great scores on Saturday, and then the majority were not there for Sunday..... :wb: %)
I'm hoping they make it back again soon, they could not only stand to improve a tiny bit more, but also get more history..... O0 :))

Meanwhile, it was a good shoot...some repeat RM, some fantastic progress made, and a bunch of happy campers by the end of the day......what else could be better!!

And, some pix's!!  ^:)^ ;) ^:)^

So, how was your weekend??  ..:..

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.