News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Bakersfield, CA - May 21-22, 2011

Started by Camljr, May 23, 2011, 01:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camljr

Well, another great shoot with a good mix of young and old...er    attending...

10 shooters each day, beautiful weather, mid 70's with a slight breeze...

Redcoats show why they came...

Sat am       Sat. pm
hs=1                         hs=3
400=1                     400=1
300=0                     300=2
200=1                     200=3
100=1                     100=2

Most had equipment problems, which took time to address, but we got all instruction in by the end of the day. Ball and dummy went well, as they got a chance to instruct each other.

Saturday showed Meghan with a 167 and Greg with a 137.

SUN am       SUN pm
hs=1                         hs=3
400=1                     400=0
300=0                     300=2
200=3                     200=2
100=3                     100=3

Sorry to say no one made rifleman, but we have some much improved shooters that will be back for the coveted Rifleman patch!

ATTENTION!!!!!   Cal7.62 Is now a bonafide SHOOT BOSS. Green hat presented on Sunday, but since the shoot was in Bakersfield, I had to give the hat a "Redneck Roll" before presenting it.

Moose also promoted to IIT3, and SleepsInProne promoted to IIT1.

Here are some pictures....

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

RifleWoman

Quotebut since the shoot was in Bakersfield,  I had to give the hat a "Redneck Roll" before presenting it.

>:(  Did I ever mention that I'm FROM Bakersfield?  >:(  But on a happier note, I LEFT  O0   **)
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

Camljr

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Cal 7.62

Sorry I didn't get pics on this shoot but Cam did! We had  a great bunch of students. David, Mike, and Caleb representing 3 generations of shooters, persisted both days but had to leave early on Sun.
Ed, God bless him, made it thru most of Saturday, (and was doing pretty good too!)in spite of being on the mend from some major surgery. Nice Ruger 77/22 Ed! (I want one!)
SleepsInProne brought his wonderful family out for the weekend. Thanks for the tie Meghan! Dylan and Boston, it was a pleasure to meet such fine young people.
Josh and Tom made it back for their 3rd (?) Appleseed but had to leave early on Sat, so Josh could get some shuteye before working the graveyard shift. All this so he could come back on Sun AFTER his shift. Talk about a rifleman persisting.  O0
We had some excitement on Sat afternoon when a cow wandered out behind the range.  :o
No sooner did we turn our heads the other way when, another one appeared!  :o
Next thing you know the whole herd was there! :o :o
I know more than a few of them will be back for another Appleseed. (The students, not the cows)

"I knew the time when the thought of SBing would have frightened me almost to death; but I have since tried it, and find I can stand it" ..................... Cal 7.62
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

V

Quote from: Cal 7.62 on May 26, 2011, 01:17:02 AM
"I knew the time when the thought of SBing would have frightened me almost to death; but I have since tried it, and find I can stand it" ..................... Cal 7.62
Thats the spirit ;)

Congratulations.

Cheers
Phil

Rocket Man

... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

LayloPro

Good job, Cal....long time in coming, eh? 8) O0 :))

Congrats!!
LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.