News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR New Bremen, NY 21-22 May 2011

Started by Spartan, May 22, 2011, 09:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

BLUF: Great Appleseed.  An awesome sunny and dry weekend in upstate New York. 2 new Riflemen. The Shooters were fantastic, the weather cooperated, the range was supportive and the staff were their typical selves.  Alot of learning, coaching and practice.

Saturday:
Teaching and practicing, hard work and great times at the forge.  Three strikes went well and we continued the standard in 3 AQTs at 25 Yards. There was alot of learning and great coaching.  After completion of the day, on one AQT, the final Redcoat and at KD, the instructors were issued and asked to trial test two AR Noveskes fitted with the Pride Fowler Optics for a Government project for Squad Designated Marksman (SDM).
  Sunday we contiued with morning zero at 25 yards and the standard AQTs with two new riflemen. After lunch we had the great KD class: TD, RE, and how to engage a target at a given range: The How do you do that? (distance, gravity, wind, temperature, light, cosine angle, humidity, and a few other factors) Come-ups, and windage.  Simultaneously, we continued with practical application out to 400 yards with a Mosin and an AR, and continued at the 25 yard line with AQTs.
  We had two of our three shooters make Riflemen on Sunday moring!  The other shooter was knocking at the door at his first ever appleseed with scores of 192, 199, 200, 202.  We wrapped up  with 7th stepping.  It was a great appleseed!!
"With your shield or on it"

sgtrock

Great Job Spartan and Crew

That is nice to have the KD range along with the 25yd for teaching,,, no time wasted at all,,,

Outstanding

sgtrock

boltgun71

This was a great shoot with dedicated shooters on the line.  Congratulations to our Rifleman,  Daryl Jr with a 223 at his 4th Appleseed, and Daniel with a solid 210 at his first Appleseed.  Our third shooter James scored consistently in the 190's to low 200's but just couldnt get over that 210 hump for Rifleman, no worries though as this was his first Appleseed as well.  The KD shooting on Sunday confirmed out to 400yds what was taught at 25m and in the classroom and the participants really enjoyed it.

Thanks goes to an excellent instructor crew including Spartan, Rattlehead, and Gunslinger57l.   Its a pleasure working with these fine men.  Spartan, Rattlehead, and myself even got a chance to once again confirm our Rifleman status on Saturday at 25m while rotating through on the firing line.

boltgun71

Spartan

I forgot to say,,,,
Boltgun71 did a great job as SB-calm, cool, collected steady and you dont realize you are accomplishing so much in that type of learning environment!! Rattlehead gave some awesome strikes and classes and Gunslinger is a superb coach on the line-his depth of experiance is stunning, as well as his ability to watch a shooter and then effect a change. 
"With your shield or on it"

R1SGx2

Sounds to me like there was a lotta mat time going on by all.  O0 O0
Hope the bugs weren't to bad.
Nice posts, and good job.... :bow: :bow:
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

rumrunning

Just wanted to say thanks to all the staff! They really made for a great weekend at the range. The coaching was fantastic and they really kept the motivation up. Not to mention the loner equipment that made all the difference for me. This was my first shoot and I'm sure not the last. Bolt Gun got it right I was drinking from the fire hose this weekend. I look forward to the next shoot to see if i have improved. Thanks again to the staff, you guys rock!!!
Indecision may or may not be my problem. 
-Jimmy Buffett

boltgun71

Hey!  Welcome to forum.  Im glad you enjoyed yourself and I look forward to seeing you at future shoots.