News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sometimes you have to worry about the weather....

Started by AFTERMATH, May 23, 2011, 09:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

How's the metro crew situated after this weekends storm?
Don't believe we have anyone in N. Minneapolis - However, I don't know of the extent of the damage the storm in other areas.
All the attention's on Minneapolis.
Let us know if all is well and - God forbid - if not; what we can do to help.

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Taylor

Sign me up if anyone needs some hands on assistance.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Cooper

Rifledog and I are fine, watched the funnel cloud pass by a quarter mile to the south on its way to La Crosse.  Even got to use my AS poncho for the first time!!

Coope
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Blue Five

Yeah, you guys missed the show down here in La Crosse.  I think the tornado missed our house by about eight-ten blocks, maybe?  How exciting.  $$-0
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Puma Mami

We are fine in our area of the city, here.

Alex, do you and Mike have phone numbers and alternative contact info? If we have members that are in distress right now, they may have difficulty getting onto the internet.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

Sven

I live in South Minneapolis, However my dad's rental property is in N Mpls and I had the opportunity to fire up the chain saw to clear some debris.    :cool2:  Sparks is probably getting a lot of overtime though.  ~~:)
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

sparks1

Been working 12's all week. Lots of lighting to make safe and signals too. FEMA here today to assess the damage.

Almost a carnival atmosphere....lots of BBQ'in goin on. Power restored in most areas...thanks to the traveling linemen from parts unknown that worked hard for their wages to get the infrastructure back up.

If I had time off I would have grabbed a chainsaw to help out the folks that cannot afford the tree services. Lots of carpetbaggers going door to door. Small footprint tornado...most serious damage is aboout 1/12 to 2 blocks wide. Worst is Penn and Broadway intersection, and it's gonna be a mess for awhile for traffic signals. Takes time to remove and reset poles and build in the signals. Residents have until June 10th to bring storm debris to the curb...city is going to haul it all away. They are starting now, and believe me it is a pain to get around all the power co. trucks, tree trimmers, cranes for lifting huge trees, Comcast, Qwest, frontend loaders, dump trucks, etc, etc etc. Sightseers...just get in our way. Watch it on the news. Besides ...it's in the HOOD! Hard to tell if some houses were storm damaged or like that before. Here's a tell...if the plywood boarding up the house is weathered...its an old crack house, not storm damage. Can't leave the work truck without a watcher else there will be pilfering of anything of value.

Folks taking well though. AND not at all like Joplin, Mo. Those folks need our prayers.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

sparks1

Quote from: Puma Mami on May 24, 2011, 12:33:31 PM
We are fine in our area of the city, here.

Alex, do you and Mike have phone numbers and alternative contact info? If we have members that are in distress right now, they may have difficulty getting onto the internet.

That's the beauty of cell phones.

(John Maxwell)

Taylor

I have a cell but usually it's sitting in my truck with a dead battery. Our land line is (715) 466-5145. We hope that everyone is OK.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

colycat

Sparks,

You all are in good hands, power wise, as Ahhshoot is there restoring power to the masses :)
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

adamt

Marissa and I ironically left the house just before it turned bad to "beat the rain." I would assume that the tornado that hit NE Minneapolis passed directly over us like 3 minutes prior to touchdown. It was wild with wind so hard the car was rocking side to side, small hail, so much rain there was about 75 yards of visibility. And just like that it was over. Thank GOD we were ok. It's scary to see such damage only a few miles from our house.

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

sparks1

Quote from: colycat on May 27, 2011, 12:01:05 AM
Sparks,

You all are in good hands, power wise, as Ahhshoot is there restoring power to the masses :)

Now I know why the job is being done so quickly! Is he experiencing any culture shock?

(John Maxwell)