News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Bellevue, MI May21-22, 2011

Started by ITB, May 23, 2011, 08:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

Saturday, 8 AM:  I walk out of the clubhouse to a blue sky and 70° temperature.  What's this?  A warm, dry Michigan Appleseed?  Say it isn't so!  I actually got to wear shorts at a Michigan Appleseed!

Well, okay, the range was still a bit squishy from all the rain over the last week, but we actually had good weather here in Michigan!!!!!   ^:)^

We had a great bunch of shooters, a few youngsters (nice job both Sam and Zach!), and we saw much improvement in everybody's marksmanship. 

Congrats to Keith, our only new Rifleman, for shooting a 216 with his big boomstick (M1A), then following it up with a 231.  Great Job!!!

Thanks to the folks at Centerline for being such gracious hosts.  They have a fabulous clubhouse (and allowed us to sleep there Friday and Saturday nights), and they gave us their 100-yard range to use.  They also served us hot dogs and pulled-pork sandwiches for lunch.  Thanks!  Special thanks to Judy, the club manager, for setting us up, and to Larry, for all of his help throughout the weekend.

Thanks to our intrepid instructors - Sprocket58, Grindstone, Superheat and Gordon.  You guys did a great job this weekend.  Every shooter got a lot of 1-on-1 time, and the results were clear. 

On with some pics:

Daybreak on Saturday morning at Centerline:

Our shooting line (lots of room to expand):

Flags hung proudly:

Grindstone doing the 5  &) steps to taking the shot:

Prone:

Gordon doing some history:

Sprocket58 running the line, Grindstone and Gordon getting some trigger time with the students on Sunday:

Grindstone getting some "after hours" trigger time:

Instructor crew pic - Grindstone, Superheat, ITB, Sprocket58, Gordon:

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Gordon

An excellent debut for Appleseed's presence at the wonderful Centerline range! It was so nice having Larry (BoD) out there all weekend.

And Larry: it was a real pleasure having your daughter and her family out there all weekend. Young Sam in particular, keep it up! Seeing your groups improve was almost as much a joy for us as it was for you. Stacey, once we got that scope set right, it made a big difference huh? Again, a pleasure to see. Rob, keep holdin' 'em together now! :)

Zack, you haven't got that Patch yet but you're clearly a young man who "knows very well what he's about", with firearms. We'll look forward to seeing you again on "the Appleseed Trail".

Keith & Jeremiah, thanks for coming out. Those M1-A's are beatiful. But I didn't find out -- Jeremiah, what happened to yours?

In fact the attitude and persistence of everyone was commendable. Rob, Julie, Mosca, Steve, Daniel -- even when that Sunday heat set in, I was impressed with how well everyone hung together. It was a really good group, in my opinion.

Chad, thanks for bringing in the Civil War "crossover" element. :)

I'd say Project Appleseed was able to put her "best foot forward" this weekend. I think everyone came away with a clear understanding of what we do and why, and I'm confident that everyone will find ways to take the message and grow it. Another dozen or so Americans now have to tools to further their own rifle Marksmanship, and, I trust, have a new-found appreciation of what our forefathers accomplished on our behalf. Shooters! Spread the word. Our Republic depends on it --- on you. Thanks so much for coming out.

And Keith: Congratulations on the very dramatic breakthrough. You are indeed a man who knows very well what he's about!

See you on the 'Trail, -G.

PS: 'Burbs, wow, thanks for the amazing pictures. The early-morning fog was stunningly beautiful, wasn't it?

Rascal21

I wanted to say thank you to all the wonderful Instructors that were out this weekend! You were all very helpful  ~~:)!!!

See you all in July hopefully!

Stacy

Gordon

We hope you'll stay in touch, Rascal!

ITB

Quote from: Rascal21 on May 23, 2011, 09:14:53 PM
I wanted to say thank you to all the wonderful Instructors that were out this weekend! You were all very helpful  ~~:)!!!

See you all in July hopefully!

Stacy
Stacy,

You have a wonderful family.  It was a pleasure having you, Sam and Ken as students.  I'll also have a Rifleman patch waiting for you in July.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Superheat

Quote from: intheburbs on May 23, 2011, 09:57:36 PM

Stacy,

You have a wonderful family.  It was a pleasure having you, Sam and Ken as students.  I'll also have a Rifleman patch waiting for you in July.
Forget that noise! Stacy, you come back in June! I want to give you that patch! ..:..

Superheat

Check in with Sprocket and Gordon.

Itb and me.

Saturday morning.

One tired cadre.

mac66

WHAT?  NO SNOW, WIND, MUD or RAIN?  That can't be a Michigan Appleseed!

Congrats to all the new Appleseedlings

Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

Gordon

Pete those links didn't take --- ? ? ? Thanks for the pic's Superheat! :)

Rooster 308

Thanks to the instructors and to Centerline. The range was clean, folks were more than friendly and the other shooters supportive. My weak points were identified and harped on relentlessly/thankfully.

The rifle was shooting true and I sincerely enjoyed what I learned. The history was fantastic. Total satisfaction.

Gordon, sorry I didn't offer you some time behind the M1A. Next time.

I will return to Centerline. Now, time to get Jeremiah some practice.

Grindstone

Wow great shoot. The Bellevue range is beautiful, and the students were all a pleasure to work with. Already looking forward to my next shoot there.

Superheat

Somebody tell me you took a picture of Rooster.308 with his rifleman patch!!
Rooster, did that pic of you and J.J. by captain Parker come out?

Rooster 308

Hope this works.

Gordon

Quote from: Rooster 308 on May 23, 2011, 10:21:10 PM
.. My weak points were identified and harped on relentlessly/thankfully. ...

*Ahem* "Harped on"?!? Excuse me sir, is that what you call it? And tell me again Rooster, what's your new AQT best? "hmmmm?"

Seriously, you're a fine marksman, and Appleseed's program of instruction is absolutely top notch, built as it is on decades of the best American expertise. A winning combination, for sure.

The rifle was shooting true and I sincerely enjoyed what I learned. The history was fantastic. Total satisfaction. ... Now, time to get Jeremiah some practice.

Careful, brother. You're already starting to think like an RWVA Instructor! :)

It never crossed my mind. But, uhm, that M-14 is one beautiful piece of equipment, so OK, yeah! I'll look forward to it.

-G.

Rooster 308

some more

Rooster 308

Quote from: Gordon on May 23, 2011, 11:26:41 PM

*Ahem* "Harped on"?!? Excuse me sir, is that what you call it? And tell me again Rooster, what's your new AQT best? "hmmmm?"
331...harped on was not a good choice of words.  They instructed me.  O0

Seriously, you're a fine marksman, and Appleseed's program of instruction is absolutely top notch, built as it is on decades of the best American expertise. A winning combination, for sure.

The rifle was shooting true and I sincerely enjoyed what I learned. The history was fantastic. Total satisfaction. ... Now, time to get Jeremiah some practice.

It never crossed my mind. But, uhm, that M-14 is one beautiful piece of equipment, so OK, yeah! I'll look forward to it.

-G.

Superheat

Quote from: Rooster 308 on May 23, 2011, 11:25:19 PM
Hope this works.
Wow, what a camera.  Captain Parker looks like he's ready to jump out of my monitor.  Almost 3D.  Lots of symbolism in that picture: Brass at you feet, WATER bottle, rifleman patch, sweat, of course Captain parker looking to the distance (possibly to the future), etc.  It kind of sums up the weekend.

Rascal21

Quote from: Superheat on May 23, 2011, 10:06:27 PM
Quote from: intheburbs on May 23, 2011, 09:57:36 PM

Stacy,

Forget that noise! Stacy, you come back in June! I want to give you that patch! ..:..

Sorry Superheat, we will be in Orlando for the June shoot. Ken and I will definitely be back in July, though, with lots of practice under our belts! I want that patch!

Gordon

Quote from: Rooster 308 on May 24, 2011, 12:38:30 AM
Quote from: Gordon on May 23, 2011, 11:26:41 PM

331...harped on was not a good choice of words.  They instructed me.  O0
--- just shakin' your cage, you know :) --- G.

-G.

SpiderBite

Had a great time, can't wait to come back....though next time I can do without the spider attack   :( ...trying to get Stacy to work on her girl scout troop to get them to come to the next one with us, I think that would be a FUN experience for them.

Rascal21

She seems awfully proud of herself, doesn't she  ;)

Zach

So proud!

Rascal21

Rascal21

Swamp Thing

Hey all,

Once again I had a blast. Although I wasn't quite sure how to react to sunshine and dry ground. To make up for the lack of snow, sleet, wind, and mud, I ripped my pants from zipper to knee and just kept on shootin'  :--- :--- :--- (photos respectfully NOT attached)

While I didn't get that patch, I went further down the path to getting it.......soon.....very soon.  :wb:

A huge thank you to all the shooters and the instructors (who were awesome btw  :bow:  ~~:))

Making friends, shooting rifles, and getting an education all at the same time. It can't be beat!!!!

Hope to see all of you again soon.

Swamp

Miki

Looks like I missed a fun one. Hopefully, I'll get to meet you all in the future. There are three more shoots at Bellevue this year!

Swamp Thing, you stick with it. You can take over my spot as poster child for persistence!