News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Enfield, NH - May 21-22

Started by Ninsho, May 23, 2011, 08:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninsho

Four individuals came out to brave the rain and the bugs.  Two would walk away Riflemen and the other two well on their way.

Thank you to every one for coming out.  Congrats to our two Riflemen Ed and Geoff, and an extra special Congrats to Ed, our newest IIT in NH!

Mr.Freedom

I was noticing Ed has a very interesting trigger pull. I wonder if that is a special technique? I was just discussing this with my son the other night, using a different finger for the trigger squeeze.
Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine

Sprocket

I've seen a bolt gun user do the same thing - I wonder how effective that habit would be with a 30-06...

CaptMac

We had a shooter try that at some of this years Appleseeds in Lebanon, CT.  I saw him do it at one, shooting AQTs with a bolt gun, and at the next Appleseed, he did not do it while shooting squares.  I discussed with him picking betweeen one or the other.  If he wanted a Rifleman patch, then I thought he should practice as he would shoot the AQT.  So, he shot using his index finger and thumb to work the bolt, while he used his middle finger for the trigger. 

davidgw1 saw him doing this, and told him not to, just work the bolt and shoot with the index finger.  davidgw1's explanation to me was that we have much less feeling in our middle finger than we do in our index finger.  Anyway, he used his index finger on the trigger and shot Rifleman with the boltie. 

I think it is a trade off that you need to make a decision about.  It seems Ed decided to always use the middle finger on the trigger, as he is doing so with a semi-auto.  That goes with my original thinking.  But I'd also think about what you lose doing it.   
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.