News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Northern il pistol rifle club boy scout shoot

Started by dugjeep, May 21, 2011, 11:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dugjeep

I was a coach and RSO today at a boy scout merit badge shoot today  none of them made there badge but all qualified for a NRA patch.  There reshooting in august and would like some of are guys to help.  The coaching was done by well meaning volunteers but no real fundamentals were taught.  The range staff and volunteers were impressed with the Appleseed methods.  Were one step closer to getting a Appleseed shoot there.

Castle Mountain

Doug you DA MAN!!! O0 O0 :bow: O0 O0

Bless your heart Doug. Outstanding! You need help, count Patriot Gal and I in. I new well you were going to make a strident impact for Appleseed
and you have this thing now on the cusp. Well done. Keep us informed. This thing can really grow. I know I spent some significant time with Boy Scout
Troop leaders at the NRA convention and working from the top down is one thing but you have gone in from boots on the ground up and I think you have
the answer. Any help we can offer let us know ok? O0 Please by all means possible call Pappy and fill him in. This stuff is right up his alley.

Maybe Ewald has connexions for getting our hands of a bunch of ruger liberty trainers with tech sights as loaners for the scouts. This is really exciting. :)

Cheers,

CM
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Ewald

You know I'm there Dug. Send me the date so I can get on the calendar.

Huzzas to DugJeep. He's Seventh stepping alone there in NW Illinois. He made the contacts. He did the research. He went the extra mile. HUZZA! HUZZA! HUZZA!

2 clicks low

Dugjeep

Count me in. I teach at two NRA Youth Camps and was a Boy Scout (Life) back when.

Give me dates and location. I will be there.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Gumballhead

Gravy

Way to go Dug!  Great initiative.  I'll try to make it happen once you have a date.  I have 2 Rugers with Tech Sights ready to go.

M1D

Depending on the date I would be able and willing to help.  I also have several LTRs (and several bolt .22s if that is still the flavor of the Boy Scouts.)  I can get Tech sights put on some of the bolt guns if this would be a help.  Let me know.
M1D
"....with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
Our first Congressmen

"It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated to the great task remaining before us....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
A. Lincoln

"That's what we do.  We're Americans"
USN Corpsman